It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Names Ron Klain as Ebola Czar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

But he's already got people who know all about ebola - the CDC, right?

So now, the CDC guys have to dumb down anything they present to him, because he doesn't know the industry, the lingo or any of the science.

Maybe we need someone who isn't a doctor to organize the doctors.

So a few problems with this.

1. Doctors don't want to be managed by people who know nothing about their work.
2. It makes their job harder.
3. There's extra work involved in having to write reports, conversations etc, with somebody who has to have everything explained to them as if they were a regular member of the public.

It's not the time to have to babysit some political official because Obama wants some brownie points in the giant game of football they are playing since it's election time.

There's a reason why hospital administrators and such are usually ALWAYS from the medical field. Be it nursing or direct MD. The ones that aren't usually work for hospitals who are trying to cut costs, not save lives at any cost.

This makes one too many people with their hand in the cookie jar, and in this case, the guy doesn't have a damn clue what kind of cookie he's reaching for. Or what to do with it once he gets his hands on it.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Well, Frieden has medical experience, and you all hate him so... it seems to me that not having medical experience isn't going to help or hurt this guy. What we need is someone to make sure everyone does their job. It's not like he's going to examine people or care for the sick, is he?

Right.

A person can create and assess sound policy in any highly technical field with no experience in the field itself.

Makes total sense.

First Grade teachers should run the military, generals should run our diplomacy, and career politicians should manage our healthcare.

Such grand management logic.

I'm stunned by this profound and novel approach. Obama needs another Nobel Prize for such out-of-the-box thinking.

link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So do I. I associate the word with ruler, and not in a good way.

dictionary.com's definition and example sentence usages sum it up:

noun
an emperor or king.
(often initial capital letter) the former emperor of Russia.
an autocratic ruler or leader.
any person exercising great authority or power in a particular field:
a czar of industry.

Examples from the web for czar

Governing by committee--or in this case, czar --encourages cronyism and undermines the rule of law.

The isolation and severe climate well suited the penal needs of an authoritarian state ruled by a czar.

Where human rights no longer depend on the mood of the czar, good or evil.

Yes, someone needs to take the lead here and Frieden has failed completely. Many Project Managers (essentially what this czar is) aren't experts in the subject matter, but this is a serious, contagious, deadly virus. I'd feel safer if the person chosen to oversee this thing had at least some medical background. I don't really think an influential, democratic insider lawyer is the correct choice. Ebola affects everyone. The person appointed to spearhead this thing should not be someone with such close ties to either political party.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well, Frieden has medical experience, and you all hate him so... it seems to me that not having medical experience isn't going to help or hurt this guy. What we need is someone to make sure everyone does their job. It's not like he's going to examine people or care for the sick, is he?

I can only hope that you are right.

Maybe you are.

But it is telling, in this environment of cronyism, that the first response is one of disgust and disbelief.

It's because it's Obama. If he were to come up with the cure for ebola tomorrow, the first response would be one of disgust and disbelief. You know that's true, Beezzer, don't deny it.

Pull out the race card and I'll slap you!

I agree that what is needed is an "Incident Command" leader.

His background in business should have no bearing in the matter. On that we agree.

The big question is, "Can he manage a crisis?"

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, Frieden has medical experience, and you all hate him so...?

It isn't "hate" LOL, at you. Frieden has proven himself to be at best, wildly incompetent and at worst, deliberate in his actions along with Obama to invite Ebola here.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

"Can he manage a crisis?"

"Can he manage a public health crisis?"

His expertise is politics, not really business. The latter was a happy consequence of his political career.

This guy is in this current role to manage the optics and message- NOT Ebola.
edit on 17-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

I'm TELLING you guys, he go the idea from the MEDIA. A person asked him if he was going to appoint a Czar and that's exactly what happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

"Can he manage a crisis?"

"Can he manage a public health crisis?"

His expertise is politics, not really business. The latter was a happy consequence of his political career.

This guy is in this current role to manage the optics and message- NOT Ebola.

An election is coming up in 18 days.

What's more important?

The lives of millions of Americans?

Or

The GOP taking the Senate?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What's more important?

The lives of millions of Americans?

Or

The GOP taking the Senate?

If you ask me?

Both Dems and the GOP are far more worried about their political futures. Actually, this is a great way to make sure 95% of the incumbents get re-elected.

Nobody is paying attention to mid terms. Hell CNN and the other 2 aren't even running polling updates on the races.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: LockNLoad

That's what I thought too, but apparently the job is currently vacant.

That's right!
So maybe they should fill the position of Surgeon General-- with a really qualified medical person-- and let them straighten this mess out?

What the h@ll good is an investment banker type to handle Ebola? Just 'cause he can make money disappear, doesn't mean he can do the same with Ebola...

THANKS, Obama.
edit on 10/17/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildoracle13

I'm TELLING you guys, he go the idea from the MEDIA. A person asked him if he was going to appoint a Czar and that's exactly what happened.

So I had to do a Wiki search on exactly what a Czar is etc. It says the term was revived mostly by the press during the Nixon and Ford administration. blah blah blah

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Whats even worse than this retarded appointment is that Obama and his team don't and wont understand the American backlash on such a stupid irresponsible assignment. We dont need another feken manager we need a damned leader.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ya know, if the GOP really wanted to put themselves ahead, why not introduce an Ebola Response Bill.

Show some god damn leadership, anybody.

Please.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sprtpilot

Actually Forbe's is saying the same thing I did yesterday in the ATS thread covering the congressional hearings yesterday.

www.forbes.com...

Friedan was used & abused by the Executive branch and the bulk of the responsibility actually DOES fall to Dept of Homeland Security.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You're not seeing it reported because the ideology that the media espouses is losing.

But back on topic, even if they (WHite House) only takes care of this for political reasons, the fact is, it will be taken care of.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildoracle13

You crack me up, it's funny cuz I'm pretty sure it's true!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.arlnow.com...

It's highly likely this is hitting home for some people right now.

Quote-
Medics responded to the Pentagon this morning for a report of a woman on a tour bus who was sick and vomiting. When they learned that she had recently arrived from Africa, the hazmat team was called out of “a complete abundance of caution,” Pentagon Force Protection Agency spokesman Chris Layman told ARLnow.com.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Naming this guy as the lead on tackling Ebola in the U.S. is an absolute affront to Americans. Remember how Kanye West famously said "George Bush hates black people" during a Hurricane Katrina relief pledge drive? Well, "Barack Obama hates Americans."

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well I was not planning on supporting the local Republican Senator and Congressman but this was the last straw. We need Obama removed before he hurts us.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This appointment inspires no confidence, and it's yet further evidence that our President is incompetent. I read that Forbes article posted earlier and see the point made about doctor freaky. It does appear the CDC has been hung out to dry by the rest of the admin. I can't really say that I've seen the Secretary of Health or Secretary of Homeland Security up front and involved inn this response. We have a bipartisan failure in not having a Surgeon General.
Obama appointing a political hack with a law, government, and Wall Street background is infuriating. Were there no Doctors, Generals, or DHS types capable of being put in incident command?
Seems like he's been made czar to manage the optics and message rather than the response.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join