It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Names Ron Klain as Ebola Czar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
CNN is just reporting this.

Will post a link as soon as it's available.

Ron Klain

Ronald A. "Ron" Klain is an American lawyer and political operative best known for serving as Chief of Staff to two Vice Presidents - Al Gore (1995–1999) and Joseph Biden (2009–2011). He is an influential Democratic Party insider. Earlier in his career, he was a law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Byron White during the Court's 1987 and 1988 Terms and worked on Capitol Hill, where he was Chief Counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee during the Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination. He was portrayed by Kevin Spacey in the HBO film Recount depicting the tumult of the 2000 presidential election.

It's interesting to me that Obama appointed a political hack, rather than a medical professional. That should tell you all you need to know about this administration's priorities.

edit on 17-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
FFS.

I hate that word Czar..

Anyway, at least there seems to be a more dedicated response now.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ya a administration front man with no medical experience to save us from ebola!. This keeps getting better and better! Where screwed!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I thought the same.

It's just politics. Who cares about the reality and science needed to fix this. Maybe he can speed up more pay outs to companies who don't actually do anything.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh my god ... could this be any more screwed up? The dude has no health background but he is well regarded by Obama because he helped with the 'stimulation act', he's president of an investment group, and he worked with Al Gores Florida recount when Gore ran for POTUS. Holy freak'n cow ... this is just ... wow ...

CNN - Info on Ron Klain

Klain is highly regarded at the White House as a good manager with excellent relationships both in the administration and on Capitol Hill. His supervision of the allocation of funds in the stimulus act -- at the time and incredible and complicated government undertaking -- is respected in Washington. He does not have any extensive background in health care but the job is regarded as a managerial challenge.

A former chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden and also to then-Vice President Al Gore, Klain is currently President of Case Holdings and General Counsel of Revolution, an investment group. He has clerked for the U.S. Supreme Court and headed up Gore's effort during the 2000 Florida recount. He could not be reached for comment on Friday.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: typo

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So tired of Obama now. If you were going to go with a non medical professional a Retired General would have been a better choice.

Obama truly is a clueless person. He is so out of his scope and capability to be a President. He just has no clue about so many things. This goes beyond politics. He is incompetent. I was an Obama supporter who now fully supports his impeachment he is not mentally capable of leading us. He is a threat to US National security.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Response to what exactly? Ebola...or it's politics?

Next time I feel ill, I'm calling my lawyer first.
edit on 17-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good lord.

Really?

A private investment/money type for Ebola response?

I suppose they need to know how much it's going to cost them to deal with it before they decide to do anything...

/sarcasm

~Tenth

link   
Somebody new for Frieden to blame in the future!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Klain apparently signed off on President Obama's support of a $535 million loan guarantee for now-defunct solar-panel company Solyndra.

Despite concerns about whether the company was viable, Klain approved an Obama visit, stating,

"The reality is that if POTUS visited 10 such places over the next 10 months, probably a few will be belly-up by election day 2012."

He's our man. "Infected people will be allowed into the country, people will get sick and some will go belly up." He's brilliant.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, Frieden has medical experience, and you all hate him so... it seems to me that not having medical experience isn't going to help or hurt this guy. What we need is someone to make sure everyone does their job. It's not like he's going to examine people or care for the sick, is he?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

A private investment/money type for Ebola response?

There it is. Who gets to make the big money off the Ebola situation. That's the big discussion going on behind the government and private sector doors now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

if you're hired by POTUS to basically be in charge of all things Ebola, but know nothing about infectious disease, or have no medical background, which leads to you needing to either hire, or surround yourself with those people, than that defeats the purpose.

Would have been better to put Sanjay Gupta at the head of it than any non medical professional.

This guys is always going to have more questions than answers, because he has NO experience dealing with anything else but bureaucracy.

And lobbyists.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I don't know why but I already feel like socking that guy in the face...and I know nothing about him. Hope im wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So what the heck does the CDC do? Figured this gov't already had a "czar" for this kind of stuff! I love it when politicians throw more gov't at a problem to show they're doing something to solve it!

Center for Disease Control my butt!

link   
If this is true, they've lost the plot. A FRICKIN LAWYER? We are so screwed.

link   
This makes me want to cry. I really don't understand this particular choice. Remember Michael Chertoff's and Michael Brown's incompetence with the Katrina response? Obama is not the only President to nominate political buddies who cannot find their ??? with directions. It seems a trend.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What we need is someone to make sure everyone does their job.

He got hired because he's a political lackey. Read the post by roadgravel.

It's not like he's going to examine people or care for the sick, is he?

If he doesn't understand how a pandemic or epidemic works .. if he doesn't even understand how ebola works .. how's he going to be able to make decisions about movement of services and medical needs for hospitals etc? He can't.

He only understands recount votes for Al Gore and market investment strategies. Oh, and he understands how to throw away serious money ($535 million - Solyndra) on political maneuvering.

This was a political appointment. Nothing more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
FFS.

I hate that word Czar..

~Tenth

I'm with you on that one.

Czar? WTF?

America sure loves their power monikers along with their fetish for acronyms.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was half listening when someone asked the prez in one of those after speech shows if he was appointing a "sort of Czar...". It's almost like, he goes back stage and says, "mm-yes I like that idea, let's get us one of them Czars to cure ebola" then he blindly takes a spin around the room and goes, "YOU, over there, I appoint you Czar of ebola." Bam! that's how we got a Czar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join