It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Magi of Sumer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Awesome thread. The Lugalzagesi vase mentions Ningirim as "the queen of Uruk". Just another direct connection to Ningirim and Inanna if you wanted one.

Of course, this was right before that whole Sargon thing so maybe he was just redundantly name-dropping to look more impressive.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

That's right, Lugalzagesi, king of Uruk,king of the nation, incantation-priest of An, were he is the servant raised by the goddess Ningirim, queen of Uruk, so it can be taken that he was raised as an incantation Priest within the cult of Ningirim, and of the three principle Magician-exorcist sects that of Ningirim related to Uruk, Anu and Inanna, though like the others she also had a Temple near Eridu.

Lugalzagesi translation

A great inbalance seems to have arisen when Asalluhi becomes directly assimilated by Marduk under the Amorite rulers of Babylon, to the detriment of the cult of Enlil and others, those two were safer kept apart as together they were over-powered.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

thus Sitchin decided that as the Anunnaki were described as very much being present in their Cities

Anunnaki is not even a word, It was made up by Sitchin to sell his book. When experts who really know ancient languages called him out on it, he never responded and retired quicker than Joe Namath. There were gods in Summer but they were not E.T.s, they were formally divine beings and they have since been tossed in the bottomless pit and locked up. The remnant have been loosed on earth and they are still pulling the same crap to fool man.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

It's a phrase,

The spelling da-nuna, which is native to the old-Sumerian orthography, appears twice in the Gudea-inscriptions, and is even more prevalent in the old-Babylonian transcriptions. The texts of later origins are occasionally written in accordance with the younger normal form of the Akkadian dingir-a-nun-na-ki instead of d-a-nun-na-ke-

Those who are mentioned in an old invocation called a-nun-na-eriduki...danuna of the area of Lagas and the danuna from Nippur were by that time already attested to. As father of the Anuna, "An", Anu in Akkadian, the highest god of the Sumerian ruling pantheon had to inevitably appear.

The term is used to collectively describe groupings of Gods in the sense of the offspring of Anu, whether at Eridu, Lagash or Nippur, thus it's fine to use it in the context i did, the Anunnaki seen as present in the cities of Sumer.

There is opposition to Sitchins translation of Annunaki as 'those who from Heaven to Earth came', but no real point in throwing the baby out with the bath water if the term was simply applied as a collective term for Gods of the Earth, they did have such,

1) dingir-an-na ―the gods of the sky,

2) dingir.kia ―the gods of the earth,

3) dingir-an-ki-a ―the gods from the earth and the sky,

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

A little more on that, Ningirim was understood as the sister of Anu, mentioned here in relation to Asalluhi of Eridu and Kuara;

"I am the one spawned in Eridu and Kuar."

"May Ningirimma, sister of Anu, be present on my right.

Utukku Lemnutu

That puts her in a surprisingly high position in the Pantheon, and also to some extent seniority in terms of the three magical traditions, were Kusu in terms of Kusa-Ezina is a daughter of Enlil and Asalluhi is a son of Enki, maybe one of the better kept secrets, but there were many variant renditions of Ningirim found in incantation texts.

It is the incantation of NIingirim

"Ea recites the incantation,

Ningirimma casts the spell :

edit on Kam1031292vAmerica/ChicagoMonday2031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
thanks for the assist
*chuckles*
well, i knew what i was doin' back there (with that power rangers comment)
..after a while one can smell this stuff from a mile away

fwiw, i'm using this as a reference link for new-age programming in mainstream media

edit on 20-10-2014 by UNIT76 because: all roads lead back to rome

top topics

<< 1   >>

join