It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's son discharged from Navy after reportedly testing positive for cocaine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The son of Vice President Joe Biden says he is “embarrassed” after being discharged from the Navy Reserve earlier this year --- reportedly after testing positive for coc aine.

The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, reported Thursday that Hunter Biden’s short-lived military career ended because he failed a drug test after reporting to his unit in 2013. According to the Wall Street Journal, the Navy discharged him in February of this year.

Biden's son discharged from Navy after reportedly testing positive for coc aine

Ha...nice...so Biden's son was discharged from the Navy after testing positive for Cocaine. Amazing this has not been all over MSM with the war on drugs and all. I can't imagine how much VP Biden had to do to try to keep this story out of the news for this long.

I bet it will just be swept under the rug and not even reported on much after this. Timely release with all the other news in the headlines....I bet this won't even last a day in the news.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If I were Biden's son I would probably self-medicate as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
But did he inhale?!
edit on 17-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I fail to see why this should be an important story ?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If I were Biden's son I would probably self-medicate as well.

Ha...yep.

What's really funny though is that he can't blame it on just being a kid. The guy was already an attorney and entered the Navy at 40 years old. Talk about screwing up whatever political career you wanted to have later on.....this one will come back to haunt him I am sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
I fail to see why this should be an important story ?

Oh I don't know.....just that the VP of the US's son was kicked out of the US Navy for illegal drug use.....no biggie there.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I found it refreshing that the Navy stated they never contacted Biden's office about the situation before his discharge. It shows that the Navy is not showing favoritism--or that they really dislike Biden.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

20 years from now, he'll run for some office and this will be "revealed" then. MSM is going to do what ever it takes to cover this administration. At least until after the election and then watch them roll over when the Dems lose power. All the ones who've been hiding their dirty little secrets will claim to have been "neutral" all along but "the time has come for complete transparency". Or, they'll whine and scream about how the end times are here since the Republicans will destroy us all and everything we believe in

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Do you even Internet bro?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
From the OPs link -

“It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge,” he said. “I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward.”

Administrative discharge for coc aine use?
He's lucky he wasn't tossed in the brig and given a dishonorable discharge.
Information Here

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Do you even Internet bro?

Ha...I was thinking the same. VP Biden is a major "war on drugs" guy. For his son to be licked out of the Navy after one month of service testing positive for Cocaine is a pretty big deal. A less than honorable discharge. But like I said.....doubt this will even last a day in the news.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That'd be just for us commoners.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

no - I don't even have access to a computer

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

no - I don't even have access to a computer

Can I interest you in an Obama Phone with a data plan?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It won't matter a bit what he does…. he's connected.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I will type slowly - as logic seems scarce on ATS today

point one :

why does it matter who his father is - hunter biden is an adult - his father is nither responsible for or accountable for his actions

point 2 :

how many other servicemen do you think have been discharged for UCMJ offences involving narcotics this year ?? yet no other case is reported as national news

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

He will get an Other-than-Honorable Discharge for drug use. I was in the military for 10 years and seen this situation numerous times. He can fight to get it changed to a General Discharge, which isn't as bad. I know a few people that have been in the same situation and have done well for themselves afterwards. It's all about that individual's drive to succeed. This speed bump can only hold him back if he lets it. Now government jobs, that's a different story. But, his dad is the VP so who knows.

Edit: A dishonorable discharge could be given as punishment based on the UCMJ, but usually is reserved for high profile crimes while serving in the armed forces.
edit on 17-10-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

can I interest you in a course in critical thinking ?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

can I interest you in a course in critical thinking ?

Lighten up captain, this topic is comical.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The kid and his sister (she was or is an addict also) are just adding to there political resume's so they can follow in daddy's footsteps.

They still have to meet the community organizer, fraud, and corruption requirement's yet.

Truthfully, I don't think politicians should be allowed to breed... IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join