It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: beezzer

Are these our Universe Republicans or Xuenchen's Alternate Universe Republicans then?

Because our Universe Republicans want to be involved in a heck of a LOT of individual decisions; do you need the list?

If you are implying that republicans are no better than democrats, then why aren't you a republican?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
If they don't present ideas?

WTF?

I could care less about NEW laws and NEW ideas from politicians who have the collective IQ of stale goats milk!

Are you happy with Congress right now? They have done the least of any Congress in US history. They can't even fill government positions because they can't agree enough to appoint people.

Either you want Congress to do things or you don't. If you don't want Congress to do anything, why send them to Congress in the first place based on campaigns? Shouldn't you instead be calling for the abolition of Congress so that they can't do anything?

Why come up with ideas if you don't want politicians to enact them?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I keep asking you questions you can't answer, and you keep claiming I'm saying something.

And now this logic puzzle, hmmm.

You comparison seems similar to saying that since a murderer is no better than a rapist, why aren't I a murderer?

I choose neither, myself.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I vote for people who will represent me.

I don't need new laws.
I don't need more rules.
I don't want new restrictions.

I would prefer that they (my representatives) block new laws, new rules, new restrictions to my freedoms.

I would prefer that they obstruct, delay, deny the passing of more rules/laws/restrictions.

I can name on one hand, the positive laws that have been passed in recent history.

And still have enough fingers left to "flip off" the entirety of DC.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you are comparing your political ideology to a rapist or a murderer?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Can you purchase a handgun?

Can you purchase a shotgun?

Can you purchase a rifle?

Can you purchase a historically accurate reproduction of a musket which the Founders would recognize as a firearm?

Do American citizens now have over 270 million firearms in their possession, almost twice as many as any other country in the world?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Nope.

You offered me only one of two choices, and I declined both.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
you have to be completely brain dead to see this not coming...

The neo cons get the congress maybe even senate...

The people are so disappointed with the government... All we will do thou is trade lobbyist hands...

We the people are the 2nd class now...

Corporations are 1st class...

Oh hell did I write out loud...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Since about 2010 I've stopped seeing our system as even two party I see it as one party and there's a good amount of evidence for it:
1. Gerrymandered districts that make the primary the only election that matters so that candidates are running against their own party.
2. The same major legislation has come from Obama as from Bush.
And I could go on.

Let me reiterate what Jim Hightower said many, many years ago: "Some say we need a third party. I only wish we had two." Now this is a politician literally admitting that there is no significant differentiation between the two major parties in this country. Yet, year in and year out, people parade around as though we have a "choice" in these circuses the sheep call "elections." What is really amusing is that both sides howl bloody murder and scream foul at anyone who suggests that there is no REAL CHOICE and that there is no REAL significant differentiation between their two "teams." This is even despite the fact some of their very own "esteemed leaders" have told them much the same. I find it all rather frustratingly amusing. I really do.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I totally miss the 80's when the people still had a damn voice...

We have NO!!! Voice!!!

Corruption by the richest blood has won...

As the water comes up to the people's chest, we become arcane, and pull out the leaves dead from the sky above, as if we wait for some miracle rain to rain down on us and bring us back to life with a vote....

I will continue to hold on... yet I forget who I am suppose to effing protect!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I sit still, the more I see... To the point it hurts....

edit on b462014-10-17T22:46:39-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Anyone who claims that there isn't, is using that as an excuse for their failed political ideologies.

Remember the vitriol during Obamacare?

Don't see many defending that cluster-farge now.
Sounds more like a slap at true Independents to me. "Failed ideology," eh. Tell me, when has the Independent ideology ever been given a chance? Hmmmm? Think hard now. I will tell ya. NEVER. Republicans and Democrats are all that exists in you people's "world." So don't give me that "failed ideology" crappolla.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Currently, I can only purchase what the state (the central controlling authority) allows me to purchase.

I don't have the freedom to purchase.

I have to pay a fee for the privilege to purchase.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I totally miss the 80's when the people still had a damn voice...

We have NO!!! Voice!!!

Corruption by the richest blood has won...

As the water comes up to the people's chest, we become arcane, and pull out the leaves dead from the sky above, as if we wait for some miracle rain to rain down on us and bring us back to life with a vote....

I will continue to hold on... yet I forget who I am suppose to effing protect!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I sit still, the more I see... To the point it hurts....

I remember the 60's when people had a voice.

Now they are in power.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Are you saying that independents wanted Obamacare?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Beezzer, Beezzer,,, Please,,,, you can't argue with these people,,, Today their Democratic leader choose a Politician of a Sorts to be his Abola Czar and a Democrat Said That Was Great!
Now a Republican Said That was Stupid, Because the new Abola Czar of Obamas has No Health Care Knowledge at all.

So,,,,, What do we need, More Democrats to Bow and Praise Obama and his Poor Decisions or People to stand up and say how Stupid Obama is?

President Barack Obama on Friday turned to a trusted adviser to lead the nation’s Ebola response as efforts to clamp down on any possible route of infection from three Texas cases expanded, reaching a cruise ship at sea and multiple airline flights.
Facing renewed criticism of his handling of the Ebola risk, Obama will make Ron Klain, a former chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden, his point man on fighting Ebola at home and in West Africa. Klain will report to national security adviser Susan Rice and to homeland security adviser Lisa Monaco, the White House said.
Klain does not have a medical or a health care background.
Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., slammed the decision on Twitter.
“Worst ebola epidemic in world history and Pres. Obama puts a government bureaucrat with no healthcare experience in charge. Is he serious?” Harris tweeted.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., praised Obama’s decision.
“I’ve known Ron Klain for over twenty years. He is smart, aggressive, and levelheaded; exactly the qualities we need in a czar to steer our response to Ebola. He is an excellent choice,” Schumer told CBS News in a statement.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization admitted to mistakes of its own in failing to contain the outbreak still spreading out of control in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
“Nearly everyone involved in the outbreak response failed to see some fairly plain writing on the wall,” the U.N. health agency said in a draft internal document obtained by The Associated Press. The response was marred by incompetency and ineffective bureaucracy, the document says, and experts should have realized that traditional containment methods wouldn’t work in an African region with porous borders and broken health systems.
Under pressure from Republican lawmakers, Obama on Thursday expressed some openness to considering restricting travel to the U.S. from the three Ebola-stricken West African nations. But he said health and security experts continue to tell him that the screening measures already in place for travelers are more effective.

Link
You'll Notice it was Republicans Pressuring Obama to Consider Restricting Travel,,,, Not Democrats,,,, I sure hope the Trend keeps and the Republicans Take The Senate.

edit on 18-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Oh good heavens.

I have publically stated that Obama's decision to appoint this guy was really a non-event.

It isn't him that'll actually do the job but the grunts on the ground.

Obama could appoint the ghost of Doris Fleeglebloom to do the job.

It really won't make any difference.

You and I both know that regardless of what civilian leaders decide, those on the ground will make the right decisions.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Many of them did.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Many of them did.

Then they aren't really independent, if they want to be dependent on government.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You didn't notice the part where health and security experts said the current method is more effective. So apparently politicians and average citizens know more than health and security experts?

I guess it's a victory when fear and rhetoric overtake calm rational evidence based thought?

This is why all politics are worthless.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join