It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Much of what I'm reading is that there are more partisan based polls that support a republican win, at the same time democrats often out preform what the polls say. If the republicans don't take back the Senate, can we expect the same shock and surprise we had in 2012, perhaps another autopsy?

I think it will be close but to claim victory at this point is foolish, many of these races will run down to the wire.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So no liberal or liberal group wants to ban handguns. . . .

never said no one wants that, but to blame ALL Liberals, well you know

Wait, what?

Republicans are notorious for helping people who can already afford to help themselves, that's the total basis for "trickle down" economics

So even if Obama veo's a bunch of stuff, will you say, "Sorry?"

No, I voted for Obama first time around and I apologized for that

*beezzer breaks out into a song. . . . . . *

A tad off key, but quite soothing

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Aazadan

Government mandated, government sponsored healthcare is a crock!

It should be up to the individual.

My healthcare needs and concerns are none of your business.

Your healthcare needs and concerns are none of my business.

I actually happen to agree the sentiment that healthcare should happen on an individual level. However that doesn't change the fact that that's not what we have regardless of the status of Obamacare. It's a choice between employer sponsored healthcare and government sponsored healthcare. Of those two options government sponsored is better.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

And here I thought we were having a nice conversation. Aww.

Oh well.

Actually, I don't give a hoot in hades what you want that ridiculously overpowered weaponry for.

I actually don't give another hoot about whether you can buy it or not. Guys like you feel better with a lot of guns in their closets for some reason.

But let's review.

You "misspoke" about handguns. Okay, you strike me as a lot smarter than that ... but I don't want to call you a liar outright.

You can't buy the new toys you want when you want them. Awww.

But that means the maniac that would like to use those guns rather than ... whatever it is that you want to do ... doesn't get them either.

Yeah, I AM good with that, come to think of it. And I don't give my last hoot about what you think of it, what childish names you call me, or your theatrics and muddying the waters tactics that you always perform.

So, no liberal group is trying to ban handguns, no liberal group is trying to take your guns away.

You can't buy something you want and so you're going to pout and use bad language to make your point?

LOL.

The safety of myself and my family in public sure as hell is my damned business. You and the maniac don't get your toys.

Boo. Hoo.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Had to star you just for the good reposte!

I think you're splitting hairs (hares
) but fair enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

And again, thank you for illustrating your leftist position/ideology better than I could.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Right now we have an ineffective government mandating/dictating that we purchase a product in an unstable/unfair market.

You are more than welcome to trust that government.

I do not.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Right now we have an ineffective government mandating/dictating that we purchase a product in an unstable/unfair market.

I do not.

So propose a better system. Don't burn down what we already have... reform it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I do not.

So propose a better system. Don't burn down what we already have... reform it.

I have had plenty of ideas on reform.

ATS is full of threads on real reform.

Real ideas.

But out of all those ideas, none benefit government.

So they get discounted and poo-poo'd, here and in the world.

But I will continue to try, both on ATS and in real life to do what I can to reform healthcare.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm always reminded of the line from Citizen Kane when talking about Republicans and their expectations of elections:

The Inquirer has two headlines set up after Kane runs for political office: one that reads “KANE WINS!”, the other declaring “FRAUD AT POLLS!”

Always an exclamation mark. LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Wasn't Obamacare based on Romneycare?

Well if it was, the Democrats sure jumped off a 10 story building didn't they

No Republicans voted for the PPACA. Zero.

Oh wait. republicans wanted a full universal plan didn't they.

No wonder.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You're quite welcome. Anytime.

And while we're being cordial again, thank you for demonstrating the fact-free evangelism of Rightist wingnuts better than I ever could!

Best,

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You're quite welcome. Anytime.

And while we're being cordial again, thank you for demonstrating the fact-free evangelism of Rightist wingnuts better than I ever could!

Best,

Want to post again how liberals don't want to ban firearms?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know all these posts here at ATS about Alternate Timelines and Parallel Universes?

I think you just gave us proof of that ... because in your universe, the Republicans actually HAD a healthcare plan.

What was that called in that strange dimension you apparently just arrived from, pray tell?

Because, you see in THIS universe, the only thing Republicans have offered vis-a-vis healthcare is a resounding NO!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That's because they didn't feel government should get involved in an individual decision.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Real ideas.

But I will continue to try, both on ATS and in real life to do what I can to reform healthcare.

Hold politicians accountable. If they don't present ideas, don't vote for their party.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Real ideas.

Hold politicians accountable. If they don't present ideas, don't vote for their party.

If they don't present ideas?

WTF?

I could care less about NEW laws and NEW ideas from politicians who have the collective IQ of stale goats milk!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Now see, you're making it ever more difficult not to accuse you of deceitfulness.

First, liberals wanted to ban handguns.

Then, when asked to provide information on which liberals, you were "wrong" or "mistaken" or ... whatever it was you said.

Then you tried to claim that because you can't buy the exact style of gun and clip that you want, that somehow, that proves that these anonymous liberals are coming to take your guns away and trample the 2nd Amendment.

And now, you're trying to say that I've claimed that liberals don't want to ban firearms.

Can you back up your claims?

Who are the liberals that are coming for the guns in your closet?

Who are the liberals who want to ban handguns?

Who are the liberals who want to ban all firearms?

What country in the world has the greatest number of firearms in the hands of the public by a huge margin? And have more every year?

Oh yeah, that's the good ol' US of A. The Second Amendment is alive and well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Are these our Universe Republicans or Xuenchen's Alternate Universe Republicans then?

Because our Universe Republicans want to be involved in a heck of a LOT of individual decisions; do you need the list?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Can I purchase a fully automatic firearm?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join