It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So we should suck it up and support it?

pfft!

Bad ideas happen all the time.

It's the difference between a free thinker and a mindless drone that can differentiate the two.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Let's see as of right now,,,,,,,,it's looking like this.
RCP AVERAGES: GOP +8 PICK-UPS
47 Dems & 53 REPUBS

Let's not forget the Governor's race.
RCP AVERAGES: DEM +2 PICK-UPS
22 Dems & 27 Repubs

So we the Battle for the House going on,,,, Most here say, It doesn't Mean a thing, Nothing well change all will stay the same.
188 Dem 17 GOP 230

Care of
link

The math does not look good for Democrats with 36 days until Election Day, as conditions look favorable for Republicans in eight seats currently held by Democrats — West Virginia (19-point average lead in polls), South Dakota (13.3), Montana (19), Louisiana (5), Iowa (2.2), Colorado (0.8), Arkansas (3.6), and Alaska (4.7).

Democrats need to prevent Republicans from winning six of these seats — or hope the independent candidate Greg Orman beats out the GOP incumbent Pat Roberts in Kansas and decides to caucus with Democrats. Unexpectedly, in fact, Democrats are also leading polls in North Carolina.

It's these two states — North Carolina and Kansas — that serve as the reason Nate Silver says Democrats shouldn't begin to outright panic. But if they begin to turn — as the Kansas race continues to develop and North Carolina, which features vulnerable Democratic incumbent, shifts more toward the national mood — it could mean Democrats will be in for a long Election Day.

OH, Mr. Business insider Their Panicking

Not to worry, their Panicking, All that's being said is, it's all the same, nothing will change, both parties are the same.
True in a sense, but one is not the Liberal Progressive Party.
That's the Best Part.
Now maybe the Senate will get some of those bills seating on H. Reids desk brought up and acted on, Maybe we could actually see Job Growth instead of Make Believe Job Numbers and Make Believe Unemployment numbers for the benefit of the Administration.

Drill Baby Drill,,,, Build Those Pipelines and Refineries.
edit on 17-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OK, who wants to go on record and state that if the Republicans win both houses things will get better?

I am sick of hearing the "Liberals" want to take your guns despite it never happening, I am REALLY sick of hearing Republicans are for smaller Government despite NEVER shrinking Government! So despite the fact that if Republicans gain control then there will FINALLY be help for those who can afford to help themselves. Who here is big enough to say that if nothing changes if they gain control they will start threads on here pissing and moaning about the Republicans. ( or the "Right", because Libertarians, Tea Party, Green Etc, parties are just for those who are embarrassed to admit to being Republicans)

And Beezzer, stop changing avatars, you're confusing me

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So we should suck it up and support it?

pfft!

Bad ideas happen all the time.

It's the difference between a free thinker and a mindless drone that can differentiate the two.

I'm saying you shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. For as bad as Obamacare supposedly is, it has still expanded access to health care. We could do better but no one is trying to do that... they're just trying to stop what has already passed. There are 233 Republicans in the house. In a year there are ~261 work days not counting vacation time. If the Republicans really wanted to be leaders and change things they could have given themselves this simple challenge: Each day for two years one member of the House would put forward a new and unique idea that had not yet been introduced, that wasn't simply some rehash of talking points, if one person says insurance across state lines then the next person says something else. If they wanted to focus on health care that's one health care plan per day. Over two years that's two plans per person, but lets say they're only 50% focused on the issue so that's one unique health care plan per person per election cycle. Then they could have picked the best plan and ran with it for 2014... it would have been a guaranteed election winner.

They claim to be the party of ideas and couldn't even do that much... all they could do was have meaningless votes to undo the current plan.

Just more proof that neither Republicans or Democrats are worth voting for.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
OK, who wants to go on record and state that if the Republicans win both houses things will get better?

I am sick of hearing the "Liberals" want to take your guns despite it never happening,

So no liberal or liberal group wants to ban handguns. . . .

I am REALLY sick of hearing Republicans are for smaller Government despite NEVER shrinking Government!

Same here!

So despite the fact that if Republicans gain control then there will FINALLY be help for those who can afford to help themselves.

Wait, what?

Who here is big enough to say that if nothing changes if they gain control they will start threads on here pissing and moaning about the Republicans. ( or the "Right", because Libertarians, Tea Party, Green Etc, parties are just for those who are embarrassed to admit to being Republicans)

So even if Obama veo's a bunch of stuff, will you say, "Sorry?"

And Beezzer, stop changing avatars, you're confusing me

I have to be me. Let me be me dammit!

*beezzer breaks out into a song. . . . . . *

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yep. Bad and worse (but only slightly). Well from my perspective, anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

If republicans don't try to repeal Obamacare, then they will be branded worse than any progressive-lib.

They will show themselves to be the ultimate hypocrites and organic mass that is three stages below whale potty.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If republicans don't try to repeal Obamacare, then they will be branded worse than any progressive-lib.

They will show themselves to be the ultimate hypocrites and organic mass that is three stages below whale potty.

Why? If they left Obamacare as is and spent all that time and energy coming up with something better don't you think that would have been a guaranteed election winner? How is coming up with a better answer somehow bad? I want to see solutions not obstruction (this goes for both parties).

Impeachment is the same way, I don't believe it's actually going to come to that but we all know that should the Republicans gain power that the crazies in the base that actually vote in primaries are going to push it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Which liberal group(s) want(s) to ban handguns?

You said it as if you believed it to be true.

Which ones?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No Obamacare IS better than Obamacare.

Is everyone insured?
Is it cheaper?
Are services better?

No to all of the above.

Look, embrace government mandated care.

Just don't criticize government anymore.

Because how can you criticize something that you have entrusted your very life to?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Which liberal group(s) want(s) to ban handguns?

You said it as if you believed it to be true.

Which ones?

Apologies. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Tell you what, let me go out and buy an automatic rifle right now.

Let me purchase an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

I'll get right back to you on that.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am personally excited about the Republicans taking over for a while.

(Mostly because I think if they do they will generate the biggest Democratic win in recent history in 2016.)

I mean, er, let's give them their turn and see what they can do! Go Reds!

Just remember though, Mr. Romney was going to win in 2012 by a landslide, as well ...

/shrug

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Because how can you criticize something that you have entrusted your very life to?

You could make the same argument over employer provided health care. All things considered it's better to be slave to a government that operates somewhat democratically and has a constitution than to a corporation that has a fixed price on your value and offers employees no rights.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No problem, we all have our facts misaligned with our beliefs once in a while.

Are you assaulting a small country? What in the world would you need that kind of military-grade firepower for?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If the GOP takes over than Obama will finally have to earn his salary.

He will be the restraining power against their innate evil…

The good thing is that as the country sees how evil and crazy they are that will easily elect Hillary and likely have them thrown out in the next midterm.

We can only hope and pray that they don’t do so much damage the country wont be able to recover from

Every time Republicans get power the country gets near to destruction sometimes immediately like Richard Nixon (Watergate) and George Bush (Iraq war/911) or more often than not over the long term Ronald Reagan.

If they take any power the world is in dire peril

edit on 17-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Derp.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No Obamacare IS better than Obamacare.

Is everyone insured?
Is it cheaper?
Are services better?

No to all of the above.

Look, embrace government mandated care.

Just don't criticize government anymore.

Actually you know what there's something else I wanted to say about this post. Saying no Obamacare is better than Obamacare is also an admission that the primary Republican plan for 20 years was worse than nothing (1988-2008). The Republicans since 2008 have not proposed an alternative either. So we're going on 26 years where the only plan they've had was worse than no plan at all, as evidenced by the fact that they're trying to repeal it. 26 years and they haven't come up with anything... and here I was expecting 230 plans in a single election cycle.

I am clearly off by orders of magnitude in terms of what I should expect from people. But by the same token, if they haven't been able to produce anything in 26 years why should any of us vote for them?
edit on 17-10-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Are you assaulting a small country? What in the world would you need that kind of military-grade firepower for?

And this is a beautiful example of the "liberal" left.

Actually, it is none of your damned business what I want it for.

But thank you for pointing out the mindset of the "liberal" left.

Thank you for illustrating the intrusive nature of the "liberal" left.

You all screech, "Stay out of my womb, stay out of my bedroom" but why in the hell do you want to know what I want a fully automatic rifle for?

It is none of your damned business.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wasn't Obamacare based on Romneycare?

Weren't they both based on plans developed at the Republican think-tank Heritage Foundation?

So ... it was a good idea until a Democratic Congress passed it, and it got named after a Democratic President?

Wowsers. That doesn't seem fair.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Government mandated, government sponsored healthcare is a crock!

It should be up to the individual.

My healthcare needs and concerns are none of your business.

Your healthcare needs and concerns are none of my business.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join