It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mdl59
a reply to: beezzer

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”
Read more at www.wnd.com...

We could see an avalanche of that in a few short weeks.

Get ready for the onslaught.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mdl59

A book written by a doctor that even rationalwiki says does not contain any psychological science.

It's political propaganda.
edit on 10/17/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I rarely ever say this....but LOL! Your point is properly countered and you turn it in to another liberal conspiracy. Well, that's what you do every time. No matter what, liberals and progressives have infiltrated the conservative camp and is to blame for everything wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Must go with the personal responsibility they are always preaching about.
All I ever hear though is that it is obama and the liberals fault, must be part of the cognitive dissonance they always speak of as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I expect a win for the republicans.

Then impeachment hearings, which will accomplish as much as Clinton's impeachment did, but will give everyone something to do instead of taking care of the real problems we face. Forget about what a republican controlled congress will accomplish. Ain't gonna happen.

Untill......

Fund raising for 2016. Where we can all hear "give me money, so I can get elected and all your wildest dreams will come true".

Politics is real a great steaming heap.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 10/17/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: Post deleted: Bad form on my part.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You know Obama doesn't give a crap about senate or the house, he is been governing by his mighty executive pen.

The senate doesn't have the cojones to challenge him, because they like his agendas.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Do you (meaning anybody) think that a discussion of the qualities of the two parties can be fruitful here? Even sheepslayer247, is beginning to lose the calm suavity he is known and respected for.

Would it work better to see what was actually done by the leaders or parties involved? Sure, there will be some controversies even over that, but it may be a clearer look at what the current Democrat Party(or the majority of the Republican party) is for, rather than what they say they are for.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Indeed Charles. I am a bit flustered over the entire political subject at the moment. Pretty sure that I will be banned to dark depths of ATS by the time the elections rolls around.

I apologize.

To have such a discussion we must be willing to be honest with ourselves and recognize that at some point concessions must be made. Are we willing to do that? Or we will blindly defend what we consider to be right, damn everything else?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

It frustrates me how so many lauded the leftist ideology but when we see it come to fruition, they blame it on "neo-cons" or GOP.

The GOP isn't much better at this point, but there is a difference.

Anyone who claims that there isn't, is using that as an excuse for their failed political ideologies.

Remember the vitriol during Obamacare?

Don't see many defending that cluster-farge now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I still cling to the hope that America will join the rest of the civilized world and have universal healthcare. My ideology is not failed nor diminished.

Maybe I am just wired differently than most people, but I see having a social conscience as a somewhat selfish thing where others refer to it as having a "bleeding heart". I do not want to live in a country where I know children go hungry. Period. To me there is nothing idealogical about that concept at all. I see it as being human.

The snag always seems to come when someone pops up and says "Not my kids, I don't care. Not my responsibility".

My response is "I would rather feed every starving kid in America than to see one dime go into the pockets of greedy politicians from the hands of lobbyists engaging in what amounts to purchasing the law.".

Priorities I suppose.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Democrats win, Republicans win

We lose right, unless your a member of the elite or corporations and banks??

It still seems to be a toss up in most states according to most polls. The Republicans are pouring money into races all over, the Democrats are scaling back because of lack of money, you would think most people would have there minds made up by now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What leftist ideology has come to fruition? Liberalism is all about protecting freedoms, anti-war, equality issues, separation of church and state and things like that. They are still pushing for such things and I suppose they are making progress in some areas, such as gay marriage, but many of those issues we all can agree on.

On the other hand, no real conservative ideologies are coming to fruition either. We have no responsibility in government, the economy is a wreck and individual liberty is becoming a thing of the past.

What we have seem come to fruition is our political atmosphere move to a fascist, neo-con agenda to perpetuate war, prop up big-money interests, take away freedoms and demonize those that dare speak against the system. Obamacare.....Obamacare is far from being a leftist program. If it was, it would be a single-pay or universal program.

Instead it's welfare for the insurance companies and the government. Buy your healthcare plan....or pay Uncle Sam.

Not leftist.

I think most of us could agree on 75% of the issues we face these days, but we cannot do that until we agree on what is causing the problems and stop using the same rhetoric and propaganda buzzwords that we hear blasted on the TV and radio.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Let me know when libertarians start taking over the senate.

Political religion and political church following(party politics) does not serve the people.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Eh most likely we'll just continue our headlong rush towards a totalitarian fascist state while people argue over inane minor issues. The only way utopia will come is after a massive global collapse and that collapse is more likely to spell the end of humanity than the beginning of utopia.

Basically we all are going to lose because people prefer being selfish, defensive, and hateful over being compassionate, open minded and accepting.

My favorite example is a relative of mine who is a public figure who advocated forgiveness. He was a cop shot and paralyzed by a criminal and he forgave the guy. He would do public speaking tours and was a role model of Christian values (the real ones). When his sister got divorced this guy brutally attacked her husband and their entire family burned every bridge aggressively and hatefully.

Most people only think about themselves and their own. Until a strong majority of people overcomes that we are doomed. We all know how likely that is.

Either way keep arguing politics and attacking the opposing party while the world crumbles. It's highly constructive.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Government sponsored healthcare will put treatment at the whim of government.

This is the same government that gave us;
The IRS
Foreign Policy
NDAA
Patriot Act
TSA
BushClintonObamaBushCarterWilsonReaganNixon etc.

This is the same government that you want to put in charge of our healthcare?

I find it somewhat ironic that daily, we complain about the evil ineptitude of government, yet turn around and place the ultimate trust of our lives in their care.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

What leftist ideology has come to fruition? Liberalism is all about protecting freedoms, anti-war, equality issues, separation of church and state and things like that. They are still pushing for such things and I suppose they are making progress in some areas, such as gay marriage, but many of those issues we all can agree on.

What freedoms is liberalism protecting? They want our guns and free speech for gods sake! We have "liberal" mayors subpoena chuches for their sermons.
We have liberals who want our guns.
We have liberals who want to control/direct the way we talk and what we say.
Liberals have given us schools where kids get suspended for having a "gun-shaped pop tart!"

On the other hand, no real conservative ideologies are coming to fruition either. We have no responsibility in government, the economy is a wreck and individual liberty is becoming a thing of the past.

Truth.

What we have seem come to fruition is our political atmosphere move to a fascist, neo-con agenda to perpetuate war, prop up big-money interests, take away freedoms and demonize those that dare speak against the system. Obamacare.....Obamacare is far from being a leftist program. If it was, it would be a single-pay or universal program.

Obamacare is government control.
You wanted it, you got it.

Just because the government is inept, don't come crying to those of us who said so.

Instead it's welfare for the insurance companies and the government. Buy your healthcare plan....or pay Uncle Sam.

Not leftist.

All leftist.

I think most of us could agree on 75% of the issues we face these days, but we cannot do that until we agree on what is causing the problems and stop using the same rhetoric and propaganda buzzwords that we hear blasted on the TV and radio.

If all people would own up to their ideological failings, then we could start.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I always wonder, since people seem to know that government can't be trusted, regardless of party, we continue to argue for the "merits" of the arguments made by the same people that continue to lie to us and screw us out of our liberty.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: villagesmithie
I expect a win for the republicans.

Then impeachment hearings, which will accomplish as much as Clinton's impeachment did, but will give everyone something to do instead of taking care of the real problems we face. Forget about what a republican controlled congress will accomplish. Ain't gonna happen.

Untill......

Fund raising for 2016. Where we can all hear "give me money, so I can get elected and all your wildest dreams will come true".

Politics is real a great steaming heap.

There will be no impeachment. You can't impeach someone just because you don't like him. You need an actual legal charge and so far Obama hasn't broken the law. Furthermore he needs to personally break the law, not merely be part of some legislation that is against the law. Then after having the charge you need proof. Lets look at this rationally going into 2016, the Republicans have spent 6 years now soon going on 8 doing nothing but opposing Obama. If they use impeachment as another tool in that strategy rather than actually try and show reasons why we should vote for them people will retaliate in 2016. It is not a winning strategy for them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Hefficide

Government sponsored healthcare will put treatment at the whim of government.

This is the same government that gave us;
The IRS
Foreign Policy
NDAA
Patriot Act
TSA
BushClintonObamaBushCarterWilsonReaganNixon etc.

This is the same government that you want to put in charge of our healthcare?

I find it somewhat ironic that daily, we complain about the evil ineptitude of government, yet turn around and place the ultimate trust of our lives in their care.

Obamacare was good enough for the Heritage Foundation, considering the plan was almost verbatim what they proposed from 1998-2008. It was good enough for Massachusetts too under Mitt Romney. That's two haters of government who were actually fans of the plan.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join