It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:12 AM
It's still quite possible that Republicans will gain the Senate however things have changed since early September which is when these numbers were put out. At this point unless Sanders runs and wins the White House, I say let the Republicans have it all, not that Democrats are much better (like immeasurably), but a unified Right-Wing government will flush our remaining civil rights and economy down the toilet so fast, people might actually wake up.

You know the saying about needing to hit rock-bottom... let's get it over with already.

ETA: Just saw these numbers were last updated October 14th.
edit on 10/17/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:45 AM

originally posted by: Bassago
So hopefully the very first thing on the agenda is to impeach Obama.

Impeach him for what exactly? You must not know that you need a valid reason to impeach a President....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
a reply to: hellobruce

Well people don't like him and he's been ineffectual so that's grounds for impeachment right? Bad point to make though (even though you're right) since the people who want him impeached can list reasons why from now until the heat death of the universe (even people who don't hate him outright could too).

More importantly what would his impeachment actually do? I've heard tons of people advocating his impeachment but have yet to see one person give any sort of reason for why this would improve anything. Would Biden do a better job? Would trying up Congress with impeachment proceedings help things? They do so little as is. I don't think we need to give them any more reasons to not do their jobs at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:03 AM
Imagine the Republicans taking all three seats by 2016. What will happen? Will they solve problems or sit there and draw a paycheck? Will they care about 48 million americans living at poverty or will they sit there and draw a paycheck? Will we see more tax breaks for the corporations and wealthy. Will we see the IRS giving out 501's like candy to avoid taxes so the republicans can overcompensate the rich guy. Will we see troops all over the middle east getting blown apart. Will we see our wages drop even more so the stockholders and CEO's get more. Will see higher education completely out of reach for 48 million american families.

That is what I expect to happen with Republican control. The democrats are weak, but not taken over by evil theocratic philosophies that want troops and the workers to sacrifice it all for just a life of struggle then die. I don't see how any civilization can continue much longer that only invests in killing.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:24 AM
Obama's new blame will be Ebola and losing the senate. He once again won't be held accountable for anything. It's his EO's that will be his legacy.

Get ready to see a shake up in the public assistance sector and rightly so in many instances. Obamacare is going to be hell for years between the coming implementations and possible new blocks for this and that. As if it wasn't a nightmare before, it's going to be woefully worse. And I'm sure the Republicans will overlook all the crap that was interwoven in the ACA. I'm sure it's job security so further down the line new bills can be written to counteract all those things that had absolutely NOTHING to do with health care.
edit on 17-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:32 AM

originally posted by: xuenchen
If Republicans romp, Obama Inc. will go blast crazy on a total revenge tirade.

He will use the Cabinet authorities as the vehicle.

The IRS, EPA, DHS, DOE, HHS, etc. etc. will serve the purpose.

Satan's Pride will be unleashed

Hay and don't forget political stoolie federal judges.

And yes even the Huff and Puff must try to maintain some bit of credibility.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Its not unusual for a two term president to lose large in his 6th year in office, what is unusual is to have the polls so close in so many races, races in states that Obama lost large in like in Arkansas and Kansas.

Should be a interesting election cycle.

I would so vote independent if I had the choice, so I'm left with the lesser of two evils.

How is voting Independent the lesser of two evils??? Have you noticed how the Independents in Washington have been acting?

Haven't you seen how the losers of each party have used the Independent party to weasel their way into the system?

Nah, TPTB have the Independent party as a *PLAN B*.

Vote Libertarian if you can, or hell at this point, the PEE WEE Herman party couldn't be much worse than what we already are forced to suffer through........

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:25 AM
a reply to: guohua

I think this falls into the basket of don't count your chickens until the eggs hatch.

If the Republicans control both houses then they have 2 years to get something done.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
This could be a watershed moment for the GOP.

If they can gain control and do try to do things that better the economy, they can finally separate themselves from the slime that covers all of DC.

If they do the same ol' song and dance?

More's the shame on them.

I guess Harry Reid's "nuclear option" for senate votes might also backfire on him.

Paybacks a bee-atch!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think this falls into the basket of don't count your chickens until the eggs hatch.

If the Republicans control both houses then they have 2 years to get something done.

Just for a talking point they could pass anything and everything but the Pen the president holds has veto written all over it if he so desires to use it.

The biggest problem I have had with the senate leadership is something we have all probably read... There are around 300 bills voted on in the house and approved that are stuck in Harry's Senate.. They will not be voted upon because he is blocking them being brought up for a vote.... That just might have backfired and IMO is not how government is supposed to work in this here republic; (said with a southern red neck twang, just to piss the progressives off who know better than everyone on how they want things to work; damn the procedures and laws full speed ahead !) because they know better than everyone and want want want.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM

originally posted by: tavi45

So what's the constructive for informative value of this post?

Also its messiah not miashia.

Its informative for political circle jerk.

It attracts similar mindsets.
edit on 10/17/2014 by luciddream because: dmn kybrd!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:59 AM
a reply to: luciddream

Actually, it provides a forum to discuss the potential impact that a GOP majority in the senate and house may have on US politics.

If, what many are saying, they are all just shills and have no better ideological foundation than the DNC, then we won't see any change.

If, on the other hand, there is an ideological difference, then perhaps Obama can ready his "veto" pen and start taking responsibility.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
a reply to: 727Sky

Fair points.

However its possible an override vote could pass any legislation Obama veto's. Democrats have been trying to run away from Obama so I can see Democrats being cooperative to an extent. Since the House is controlled by Republicans I don't think getting a 2/3 override majority would be an issue.

Secondly Obama is a lame duck President.

He might veto just out of spite. Its not like he has to get re-elected again.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
Meh... Wake me when a party that isn't Republican or Democrat is poised to take Congress. Nothing will change otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
a reply to: tavi45

I've heard tons of people advocating his impeachment but have yet to see one person give any sort of reason for why this would improve anything.

Don't know about you but I'd certainly feel better just making the attempt. As I said there's almost no way congress could get a conviction though, too bad for us. And Biden, at this point I don't even care if he becomes president. The US has 2 of the biggest losers of all time as it's top execs and that's really saying something after the Bush regime.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
a reply to: Bassago

I don't know about that... I'd say that our worst president ever was Ulysses S. Grant

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
Some of you act as if this is "the answer." The only answer for this country is a third-party candidacy, which you party liners and the elite will fight against tooth and nail. Republicans and Democrats should be thrown into the waste bin of history where they belong. They are not only destroying this country, but the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:10 AM
I'm a lifelong conservative, and honestly I'd rather let the Democrats have complete control while Obama is Pres (like the first two years of Obama's presidency). What Democrats do best is blame other people for everything. Put them in total control and they (should) have no one to blame. Although if you read back through the news during Obama's first two years when they had the House and Senate they still blamed the minority control Republicans for obstructing things (LOL!).

If GOP wins Senate and House the Democrat talking points are set for two years. It gets so tiring.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
a reply to: jjkenobi

That's all either party does. They sit up there and point fingers while absolutely nothing is done about anything. Then when elections come, they say, "Well, you're unAmerican if you don't buy into our bs." A growing number of the population is getting sick and tired of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
Generals, negotiators, spouses, just about everybody will tell you that there are some times when things aren't going right and it's time to back off for a while and wait for a better opportunity.

The OP indicates that this may very well be the time for the Democrats to concede and start preparing for the next time. Instead of that, we have posters saying silly things like:

This thread isn't informative That's just obviously wrong. All I've been hearing is that the Republicans have only a slight lead in the Senate and it's too close to call. Many were pretty sure they'd gain 2 or 3 seats, but 6? That wasn't what the reports had been saying. Clearly informative.

This is right wing propaganda This is even worse than the first. The Huffington Post designed the study, collected the data for it, ran the analysis, and published the results. Nobody else touched it. And you're claiming that The Huffington Post is a right wing propaganda factory? Riiiiiight.

It doesn't matter who is elected. That's sort of reasonable, kind of, but it's very sad. If you're thinking that all politicians tend to compromise their beliefs, and don't accomplish all they've promised, then you're right, they are the same.

But, no one can possibly believe that the Republicans would take the actions that Obama has. Of course, there'd be differences. That's why Republicans and Democrats vote against each other on many fundamental bills, because there are differences. But, if you happen to believe there is no difference, then don't vote. Driving to the polls creates pollution, why waste the gas?

Obama is poison. Few like him. He's been told (or advised) not to show up with any Democratic candidate in public. A Democrat Senate candidate has refused to even say she voted for him.

So, Democrats, fall back and wait for your next chance. That will be after the elections when you can say the Republicans lied to the people and the elections were bought. Of course, you can't have Obama say that, the citizens would roar with laughter at him.

All in all, the OP presented a valuable and informative piece of information, even though tavi45 was willing to tell you the value of the OP, saving you the trouble of deciding it for yourself. Sort of like deciding on your light bulbs, toilets and showers, the size of your soda container, and so many other things we need others to decide for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>