It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I mean Republicans called him all those things.

Clinton was a white southerner.

I guess pointing out reality is not allowed if it involves race. That's another Republican battle standard.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I mean Republicans called him all those things.

Clinton was a white southerner.

I guess pointing out reality is not allowed if it involves race. That's another Republican battle standard.

Did you know that when Obama was running for office in 2008, the Dems wiped out most of the democratic history off their website?

Some pretty important facts they wanted erased regarding their dark past
Guess reality isn't really important to them either

Hide any racism associated from 150 yrs. ago, but play the race card now when their opponents say or do something that they don't like

As Democrats prepare to nominate Sen. Barack Obama to be the first black president, the Democratic National Committee and its chairman, Howard Dean, have whitewashed the party's horrific and lengthy record of racism. The omission is in the section of the DNC Web site that describes the party's history. The missing history raises the obvious question of whether the Democrats, unable or simply unwilling to put their party on record as taking direct responsibility for one of the worst racial crimes of the ages, will be able to run a campaign free of the racial animosities it has regularly brought both to American presidential campaigns and American political and social life in general.

The DNC Web site section labeled "Party History," linked here, is in fact scrubbed clean of the not-so-little dirty secret that fueled Democrats' political successes for over a century and a half and made American life a hell on earth for black Americans. Literally, the DNC official history, which begins with the creation of the party in 1800, gets to the creation of the DNC itself in 1848 and then--poof!--the next sentence says: "As the 19th Century came to a close, the American electorate changed more and more rapidly." It quickly heads into a riff on poor immigrants coming to America. In a stroke, 52 years of Democratic history vanishes. Disappeared faster than the truth in the Clinton administration. Why would this be? Allow me to sketch in a few facts from those missing 52 years. For that matter, lets add in the facts from the party history before and after those 52 years, since they aren't mentioned by the Democrats' National Committee either.

online.wsj.com...

Near the bottom it list's what is missing if you are interested in reading it

Basically, in a nut shell, BOTH parties are full of sh#t

Personally, I wished they would do away with the 2-party system...all it does is keep us divided instead of trying to work together

Oh yeah -- off topic here, but they need to set term limits for all Congressmen/Senators

edit on 5-11-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I agree on your two party comments. The founding fathers never wanted it at all. Sadly they started it too, showing they are just men not gods. Very intelligent forward thinking men.

The Democrats who fight for slavery are now Republicans. It wasn't an instantaneous switch but there is literally 0 connection at this point. The article I posted a link to explains the process.

If Lincoln were running today he'd be a Democrat. There is no question whatsoever about that.

Politics were far more complicated in the past. The extreme polarization and clear party lines we are used to are a recent phenomenon.

<< 18  19  20   >>

join