It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM

originally posted by: xuenchen
Then it could be assumed you would support a "3rd" party like Libertarians for example?
(Right Leaning of course)

Everybody complains, but yet no solutions or remedies.

Believe it or not, this election is one of the most important in history.

Everyone says that about every election. The truth is this midterm election does not matter at all. The campaign issues at this point are Ebola and ISIS and that's pretty much nothing as far as these things go.

That said I'll be voting third party. Republicans and Democrats are both corrupt, anyone who would associate with either of those parties isn't worthy of a vote due to the attached baggage.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:51 AM
a reply to: Destinyone

Got ya something for Halloween.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:52 AM
Its not unusual for a two term president to lose large in his 6th year in office, what is unusual is to have the polls so close in so many races, races in states that Obama lost large in like in Arkansas and Kansas.

Should be a interesting election cycle.

I would so vote independent if I had the choice, so I'm left with the lesser of two evils.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:54 AM
Things to consider why the Dem's are losing seats. Yes, it's Obama's fault, No it's Not Bush's Fault!
It has been six years,,,, Really it has.

Republicans need a gain of six seats to take over, a not insignificant number but also not a huge hurdle. There are 36 seats open; 21 of them are held today by Democrats.
Here’s where the numbers start stacking up in favor of the GOP. Of the dozen or so most competitive races, virtually all are for seats held by Democrats. Of those, seven are in states that President Obama lost in 2012: Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana, Montana, North Carolina, South Dakota and West Virginia.

Yes, Only six seats,,,,, Not all that meany,,,,, and the Dems had Obama on their Team,,,,,, Oh and Don't forget Hillary!

The other question won’t be answered until election day, Nov. 4: “Can Democrats really make good on their pledge to get out their dropoff voters?” asked Jennifer E. Duffy, an analyst with the Cook Political Report, another nonpartisan guide to campaigns and elections.

“They’re capable and have the resources to do it,” Duffy said of Democratic efforts to rally younger and minority voters along with others who tend to show up only for presidential elections. “But it’s never been tried in a midterm [election] to this extent.”

Handicappers say Republicans are very likely to pick up open Senate seats in Montana, South Dakota and West Virginia. A failure in any one of those three would almost certainly guarantee Democrats keep their majority. A sweep would get the GOP halfway to a takeover.

Who are these other That Tend To Show Up At Presidential Elections?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:55 AM
Well, the Dims tossed away their Senate candidate in Kentucky when she wouldn't admit publicly that she voted for the community organizer. The Senate exec committee pulled all funding for her for the last month of the campaign. Poor thing, she has only about $5 million in her campaign fund.
The Libertarian candidate in that race was not allowed to participate in the debate sponsored by KET. After he qualified for ballot status, KET changed the rules so he wouldn't be able to present a third viewpoint. Shameful!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:57 AM
a reply to: Aazadan

If Republicans get the Senate and keep the House congress will pass as much inane sh*t as it can in order to force the president to veto and make him look like the real obstructionist.

Since the House has passed over 300 bills which were sent to the Senate but were never allowed to reach the floor thanks to Harry Reid then yeah, that's about right. Always good to shine a spotlight on the obstructionists whether it's Reid or Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:58 AM

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: guohua

So what's the constructive or informative value of this post?

Also its messiah not miashia.

Spelling is wrong but you knew what I meant,,,,,, Didn't you?
Because News is News, and if it's Reported by The Huff, It's really Good News!

Tell them to get back to you when they can read and write Chinese !

As long as people like Pee Low See can get elected and re-elected and hold positions of power in the Senate you really have to wonder where the American brain is.... Oh, my bad, I misspelled her infamous name.. Someone needs to pass her to see what she has inside. Oh darn, no toilet paper !

edit on 17-10-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:15 AM
a reply to: Bassago
You're Absolutely Correct, These Dem's are always blaming the Congress for not doing their job,,, Fine, How about The Senate Do Their Job!

The Local Democrats really need to Stop Drinking The Koolaid,,, From Obama and his Lying Cronies.
Yes, I have a source.

Jenkins: 352 bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk, awaiting action
WASHINGTON, D.C.–At the weekly press conference with Republican leaders Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins (KS-02) discussed the 352 bills – 98% which passed with bipartisan support in the House – that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refuses to bring up for a vote. The numbers never lie…

Following are Congresswoman Jenkins’ remarks:

“The President is fond of referring to the House as the “Do-Nothing Congress.” But we have 352 reasons why it’s a “Do-Nothing Senate.”

“352 bills are sitting on Harry Reid’s desk, awaiting action.

“98% of them passed with bipartisan support. Republicans and Democrats working together to pass legislation.

“50% of the bills passed unanimously, with no opposition.

“70% of the bills passed with 2/3rds support in the House.

“And over 55 bills were introduced by Democrats.

“352 bills. Why won’t Harry Reid act? These are good bills; bills that put the American people back to work, put more money in hardworking Americans pockets, help with education, and skills training.

“We call upon Harry Reid to get to work before he adjourns in August to pass some of these bills. The American people deserve better.”

link 1

Out of the 195 House-passed bills that are now stalled in the Senate, 31 were written by Democrats, and many have been awaiting Senate approval for close to a year.

Most of these Democratic bills are non-controversial. But House Democrats are stressing the importance of passing them.

GOP House leaders and Senate Democrats have engaged in a back-and-forth blame game on the gridlock in Washington.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) has set up a website showcasing all bills “stuck in the Senate." President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), meanwhile, have criticized the House for not acting on immigration reform, which passed the Senate last year.

But the fact that House Democratic bills are sitting in the Senate gives GOP leaders political ammunition.

“Democratic bills, Republican bills, bipartisan bills — the House has moved scores of legislation to help hard-working families and build an America that works,” Cantor Deputy Chief of Staff Doug Heye said. “Harry Reid's do-nothing Senate must not have gotten the memo that President Obama declared 2014 a year of action.”

Reid's office did not respond to requests for comment.

Even Dem Congressmen and Women are upset with H Reid!
Link 2

Under thecontrol of Senate Democrats, “The Senate went three months this spring without voting on a single legislative amendment, the nitty-gritty kind of work usually at the heart of congressional lawmaking,” The Washington Post reports. “So few bills have been approved this year, and so little else has gotten done, that many senators say they are spending most of their time on insignificant and unrewarding work.”
Check out the stats. Even Democrats have complained about the Senate’s obstruction, and one actually said he was “furious.” When President Obama tried to blame Republicans, his rhetoric didn’t match reality and fact-checkers called him out for it, noting the dozens of jobs bills listed on that Senate Democrats are currently blocking.
Here are just 10 of them, ranked in order of bipartisan support:
The Hire More Heroes Act (H.R. 3474) passed the House on March 11, 2014, with support from 183 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Success and Opportunity through Quality Charter Schools Act (H.R. 10) passed the House on May 9, 2014, with support from 158 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Innovation Act (H.R. 3309) passed the House on December 5, 2013, with support from 130 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Cybersecurity Information Sharing and Protection Act (H.R. 624) passed the House on April 18, 2013, with support from 92 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The American Research and Competitiveness Act (H.R. 4438) passed the House on May 9, 2014, with support from 62 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act (H.R. 4457) passed the House on June 12, 2014, with support from 53 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Domestic Prosperity and Global Freedom Act (H.R. 6) passed the House on June 25, 2014, with support from 46 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The S Corporation Permanent Tax Relief Act (H.R. 4453) passed the House on June 12, 2014, with support from 42 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act (H.R. 2218) passed the House on July 25, 2013, with support from 39 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
The Small Business Capital Access and Job Preservation Act (H.R. 1105) passed the House on December 4, 2013, with support from 36 Democrats. The Senate has done nothing.
“These are just a few of the examples of what Republicans are working on to foster more economic growth and more job creation in our country,” Speaker Boehner said last week. “For the nearly four years of our majority, Republicans have stayed focused on the economy and on jobs. We’ve listened to the American people. Their priorities are our priorities.”
Instead of focusing on things like restricting religious freedom, the Democrats who run the Senate should follow the House’s lead and pass these jobs bills.

Link 3
Maybe the Senate Really Does Need Some Republicans in those seats! We might see some JOBS!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
a reply to: snarky412

You skeered me Snarky...oh well...wasn't planning on sleeping anyway.

Pelosi skeers me. I imagine her after she is no longer in the Senate. Sitting in a room all by herself, chittering away with the voices in her head.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:20 AM
a reply to: Aazadan

If Democrats keep the Senate and gain the House things will be forced through for two years with no compromise or negotiation at which point we'll likely see a severe blowback by the voters with a period where Republicans get to do the same in 2016.

Yeah, the last time Dems had total control of both was for about 4 months, and that is when Obamacare was passed
And now we see what a BS piece of crap that has turned out to be

The this: Democrats had "total control" of the House of Representatives from 2009-2011, 2 full years. Democrats, and therefore, Obama, had "total control" of the Senate from September 24, 2009 until February 4, 2010. A grand total of 4 months.

Did President Obama have "total control" of Congress?

Yes, for 4 entire months. And it was during that very small time window that Obamacare was passed in the Senate with 60 all-Democratic votes.

So I really don't want to think about what would happen if they were to gain/control all that power again

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:37 AM
a reply to: 727Sky

Not To Worry,,, I have Toilet Paper For You My friend,,,,,, Yes I Do!
I hear you have indoor Plumbing there on that farm of yours now,,,,,,is that right?
Did you grow Pumpkins this year,,,,, do Pumpkins grow there?
I know Pumpkins don't grow where I'm from,,, but you're much more humid.

Oh, Oh, Yes, you're waiting for that Toilet Paper,,,,, How Absent Minded Of Me,,,

Here you go and you can set and contemplate why the Dems Lost this One and Their Going to Lose
the 2016 Presidential Election to,,,,,

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 AM
Though I do not consider myself a Democrat nor a Republican ( Though I have self-associated as both in the past ) I have been calling this one for at least six months to a year now. A far right swing is predictable as a knee jerk reaction to the negativity that has been built up toward the left during the Obama administation.

BTW Obama rode into office on a tide of anti right-wing sentiment in exactly the same way as the next POTUS - only in reverse.

My dissilusionment with Obama is that he promised "change" and then kept the same exact trajectory and programs that his predecessors had set. He was George W Bush reincarnate for all intents and purposes.

I wonder how many hard core right wingers will be ready to admit the same thing in four or five years when the next POTUS, likely a Tea Party darling, proves out to be just another extention of the status quo? When nothing changes and the trajectory towards serving Wall Street and nobody else is still firmly practiced and personal freedoms are still targeted for removal whenever any incident opens the door and creates opportunity.

It matters not which party is in control. Nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:13 AM

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't think it will matter much since both parties serve the same corporate masters, but maybe they can at least slow down the damage Obama is doing to our country. Maybe.
It's like this. Bush and O and damn near everybody after JFK ought to be locked the hell up. Bush started the erosion of our rights as Americans right after 911, and to be honest, the erosion started way before him. Bush is guilty of war crimes and EVERYBODY knows it. I'm absolutely, under no circumstances NOT a fan of B.O. by any stretch of the imagination, and he is as culpable as G.W. Bush and the rest of those treasonous sons of bitches in D.C. But I will say this...O is just a continuation of what's been going on for decades. Make no mistake about it, while the OP and her ilk is bitching and whining and gloating about who's going to control the senate, NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE! George W. started this...and he was a puppet following orders, just like O. Look at the words you posted at the beginning of your post Mr. Metallicus, you and your words are a living contradiction.

(post by poloblack removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:52 AM
Irrelevant now
edit on 17-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:57 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:07 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:14 AM
Ok, back to the topic please. Go after the ball, not the player.

(post by poloblack removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:57 AM
a reply to: JAK

Which ball? All I see is another Republican propaganda thread filled with political cartoons, factual errors (congress and senate are the two legislative entities collectively called congress), and quoting of random opinions written about democrats......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>