It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:25 AM
a reply to: Gryphon66

What you're forgetting is it continues with my son today, he is 30 years old and is making his own way without any help from me or anyone else. It also continues with the people from other countries, many, many from other countries today, not yesterday. The best example is an Iranian I met that came here started working for tips in the business he now owns today.

Today the word sacrifice seems to escape the lips of the youth today, to many seem to have a built in excuse why they can't get something they want or get something done. It gets me to think so many feel the American dream is dead and the world is controlled by rich lobbyist to keep everything away from the poor and make slaves out of a society. I can't imagine word didn't get out to the 10 or 12 million illegals that came here to get minimum wage jobs. Its almost as if they give up before getting started. I could never do what Guohua did, talk about being brave, to leave your native country, your native language behind come here legally do well and make your own way. Anything is still possible if you don't lock yourself into a mindset to hold you back.

The dream didn't turn into a nightmare, it's alive and well just a different concept of what it was yesterday.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
The ruling class OWNS both parties. Reason for celebration when the OTHER party they own is allowed to run things for a while? I don't think so.

edit on 20-10-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:28 AM
a reply to: openminded2011

I've seen many posters who share the same attitude. It's an easy one to take and it saves people from having to do any analysis or studying the past.

May I assume, therefore, that you don't vote? Or do you vote for a third party? And, of course, I'm curious about how you came to that decision and how it will help the situation.

You might have some good reasoning, but I haven't heard from a poster who can explain it to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
a reply to: charles1952

How does a third party help the system? Quite simple, it causes congressional districts to be drawn so that there's an actual race. It doesn't matter what the party that wins stands for. If they can win a district the other parties will redraw the map to get that person out. When they redraw the map they'll make it more moderate as part of making it more competitive. Once the district is more moderate, it's now open to both R's and D's to run in which in turn creates more moderate candidates who will compromise and work together.

We have the exact opposite situation right now. Each year more and more districts are gerrymandered and designed to only allow for one party to be elected. In most districts the general election is nothing more than a formality these days. The true election is the primary which is only open to one party. This is why it's accurate to say we have a one party system. Each party has created for itself areas of the map where they have a monopoly. Voting third party breaks that monopoly.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:39 PM
a reply to: Aazadan

Federal Congressional Districts are set up by the States.

All according to population.

The "Gerrymandering" can be challenged in court and changed.

It's in the Constitution somewhere.

And there's been cases I think.

"Gerrymandering" is a very broad statement.

Checks & Balances is the name of the game.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
a reply to: Aazadan

Dear Aazadan,

Thanks, that's interesting. I had never thought of that before. I'm grateful for the chance to learn something new. Let me try to think this out.

We have to be talking at the Congressional District level. No third party is close to winning a state-wide election. Maybe there is a massive college in a district and the students register to vote there, or perhaps a very strange city (Maybe Berkley, CA?).

If the major parties do nothing, they end up with one very strange Congressman, which is what is happening now. But that Congressman has to side with one party or the other if they want to work on a committee. Why bother to gerrymand when the election of the third party Representative has no real effect?

Also, they might want to gerrymand all of their opponents into that one district. Give up one seat for a guarantee of no trouble in any of the other districts.

It's not a clear issue for me.

With respect,

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: openminded2011

I've seen many posters who share the same attitude. It's an easy one to take and it saves people from having to do any analysis or studying the past.

May I assume, therefore, that you don't vote? Or do you vote for a third party? And, of course, I'm curious about how you came to that decision and how it will help the situation.

You might have some good reasoning, but I haven't heard from a poster who can explain it to me.

I do vote, but I don't feel that it does much good, as the country has been in a tailspin for near on 30 years now, and it doesn't really matter who the majority is. My cynicism comes from that. It seems to me that the democratic party pretends to care about the common people, but really doesn't. unless you make 6 figures or more. Lately they only seem to care about illegal aliens, while ignoring veterans, the elderly, and children. The republican party seems ONLY to care about corporations and the wealthy, I have NEVER seen that party have anything in its platform representative on working people. So its heads you lose, tails you lose. It would be nice if we could have a viable alternative to the two, but it wont ever be allowed.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
a reply to: guohua

This just in ! Romney has HUGE lead over Obama !

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
a reply to: TownCryer

Is your position that no poll can ever be trusted? So that when the president says "A majority of Americans approve of my (whatever)." That's a meaningless statement and the opposite is probably true?

Or are you taking the more reasonable view that sometimes polls are wrong, but generally when polls from both sides say the same thing, they're correct?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
a reply to: sheepslayer247

What we have is a nice little marriage between politics and corporate power

You mean like the Common Core Standards which not only nationalizes education more than it already was, but is wedded to the corporate power of Bill Gates, now in #1 position for wealthiest person?

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation didn’t just bankroll the development of what became known as the Common Core State Standards. With more than $200 million, the foundation also built political support across the country, persuading state governments to make systemic and costly changes.

Money flowed to policy groups on the right and left, funding research by scholars of varying political persuasions who promoted the idea of common standards. Liberals at the Center for American Progress and conservatives affiliated with the American Legislative Exchange Council who routinely disagree on nearly every issue accepted Gates money and found common ground on the Common Core. y.html

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
a reply to: Frith

love for actual radical Democratic politicians to get into office and give us some more actual freedoms in this country.

What freedoms were you thinking about? The freedom to choose our own healthcare plans ? The freedom to have decent school lunches for our kids? The freedom to lose our jobs to illegals ? The freedom to fly on planes with Ebola stricken nurses? The freedom to have to provide birth control to people like Sandra Fluke? Oh wait we already have those freedoms. Well then maybe you meant the freedom to pay for Universal Pre K and the freedom to have Unions force all Americans to join them and pay dues so they can control the government more. Maybe you meant the freedom to have even more great new math stuff that even grown engineers can't figure out. Or a Climate Change tax.

Your answer should be very interesting.
edit on 21-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: charles1952

Because Obama is following republican policies?

What? Really? SO his failure you refuse to accept so it must be he's following Republican policies. You are just too funny. No wonder he relies on his mighty pen and his phone because he is so busy following the Republicans.

I would like to know which Republican policies specifically our great leader has been following.
Going back into Afghanistan again with more troops? Nope all him
Going into Libya? Nope all him
Obamacare? lol only two republicans voted for that.
edit on 21-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM

originally posted by: Hefficide

Though I do not consider myself a Democrat nor a Republican ( Though I have self-associated as both in the past ) I have been calling this one for at least six months to a year now. A far right swing is predictable as a knee jerk reaction to the negativity that has been built up toward the left during the Obama administation.

BTW Obama rode into office on a tide of anti right-wing sentiment in exactly the same way as the next POTUS - only in reverse.

My dissilusionment with Obama is that he promised "change" and then kept the same exact trajectory and programs that his predecessors had set. He was George W Bush reincarnate for all intents and purposes.

I wonder how many hard core right wingers will be ready to admit the same thing in four or five years when the next POTUS, likely a Tea Party darling, proves out to be just another extention of the status quo? When nothing changes and the trajectory towards serving Wall Street and nobody else is still firmly practiced and personal freedoms are still targeted for removal whenever any incident opens the door and creates opportunity.

It matters not which party is in control. Nothing will change.

Why would you have disillusionment ? This actually means most of the time you did not even see the lies that are being handed to you, but only recently see them?

The only disillusionment I feel, is towards those who think they now actually see things for what they are, but yet fail to see the bigger picture.

It has ALWAYS been like this, and will continue to do so, a scary group of beings are always maintaining the percentages of things on this earth, if you look at things precisely, you will see the same amount of enslavement remains exactly perfect, all throughout history, they just shift the players around and make it look like NATURAL CYCLES LOL.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:23 PM
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

1 GWB opened Gitmo, Obama has not closed it.
2 GWB gave tax breaks to the rich Obama continued it.
3 GWB gave us the patriot act, Obama has continued it.
4 GWB gave us warrentless NSA spying, Obama continued it with judicial oversight (at least thats what they told us)
5 GWB gave us the TSA, Obama expanded it.
6 GWB gave us bank bailouts, Obame continued it.
7 GWB gave us indefinite detention, Obama continues it.
8 GWB invaded the middle east, Obama continues it.
9 GWB did nothing to wall street for causing the economic crash, Obama does nothing to wall street]

Here are a few, hope and change my butt!!!

BTW how many of these are Bill Clinton guilty of?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:58 PM
a reply to: LDragonFire

Well that should be proof that GWB was no conservative and that the agenda of the CFR and Elites goes on.

All those actions are Totalitarian. Regardless of the disinfo, Totalitarianism is a culture of the left.

The Rothschilds really control the banking industry and Soros(decidedly uber-leftist) is a tool of the Rothschilds. Soros is working O/T to sink our economy.
The last two years of Bush admin was controlled by Democrats. Democrats Barney Frank and Al Franken are responsible for what happened with Fannie/Freddie. Clinton era policies set us up for housing failure.
I think you confuse the time of the Presidency with situations and policies set up by the Democrats.
oh yah and Joe Biden is the father of the PATRIOT ACT by his own admission.
edit on 22-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
Its one thing to campaign on an issue.

Its something else entirely when you are elected and all of a sudden have access to intelligence information not known to the public at large.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:14 AM
a reply to: xuenchen
Yes and the Best Part is about to come,,,,I think the Goose is Cooked!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
I understand it's one thing to have an Obama Bumper Sticker on your car and then know he can't run again, I understand that it's embarrassing to have an Obama Tattoo and the Dems are Losing all around you and it looks like they're going to lose the W H too!

What ya gonna do when your tattoo don't work for you?
Really if the Repubs take Control of the Senate,,,,,, I'm sure they will, so there's No if,,,,, Go ahead and get a good tattoo removal guy or gal's number!

edit on 28-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:27 PM
a reply to: guohua

What ya gonna do when your tattoo don't work for you?

Go see Tommy, Jasmine and Big Gus of Tattoo Nightmares

These guys do some fantastic cover-up work!!!
Simply amazing....

I'm sure covering up 'Obama' wouldn't be a problem for them

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>