It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There will be no election in 2016 - the country will be overthrown by a Nationalist Right Wing strongman backed by the Military....hopefully to restore our Constitutional Republic. The Lefties are out...imo

50/50 chance of it going down.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Oh come on! And you call liberals arrogant?

LOL

It is the smallest pieces of things sometimes that prove to be the most important. Little things like saying someone did something they did not do. If you can't trust someone with the little, insignificant things, I have found, you can't trust them with the bigger, more important ones.

I actually have no idea and really no concern about Mr. Whateverhisnamewas.

I'm only slightly distracted by the political show in Washington, et. al., not dissimilar to the way I used to muse with my mother when I was young about her "stories" (soap operas).

Pretending like the people on the TV were who they pretended to be instead of who they really are.

So sometimes, Marlin Grace, it is the little lies that are important and need correcting the most.

Because, if you allow the little lies to live, they grow.

Unlike you, I hardly ever pretend to know "the truth." I'm fairly certain of some facts, but that's not exactly the same.

But I can smell a little lie from miles away.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You, also, are my friend and I show the utmost respect, but this is not about golf or ebola. This is all about an ideology in and of itself.

Which president took more days off or hit the links the most is irrelevant. What matters is that both sides, Dem and Rep, represent a much bigger agenda that transcends political party.

We are being corralled into a mindset, much like an NFL football fan, that we must cheer for a certain team, yet we are unwilling to step back and recognize that there is very little that differentiates the teams from one another.

If we really want to deny ignorance and step above the average moron mentality, let's recognize that and move beyond the propagandized rhetoric to find a solution.

Otherwise, we are just blowing smoke up each other's asses and belittling ourselves by parroting the same propaganda.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm curious. Your post seemed a little vague.

Are you accusing MarlinGrace of lying? If not, why spend so much time on the subject of lies, after implying that he's arrogant? If you're accusing some one else of lying, would you tell me who you are accusing and where the lie may be found?

If you are accusing him, where is his lie? Do you know for certain that it is a lie and not a mistake? If you do, how do you know?

Please, a little more clarity.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If the GOP takes power that will be the beginning of the dark forces in the world being unleashed.

They are the dark pole of humanity along with the Taliban, ISIL, Saudi Arabia, and other negative forces in the planet.

They are the Western side of the dark pole. They will be the beginning of the end folks..
Its their dark heart and selfishness that will ignite destruction on the planet.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But they'll have cake. And they promised a wet bar after five.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I'm assuming that your post was facetious. It was, wasn't it? In any event, colorful writing there.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You know Charles, if I can be totally honest with you, you really seem to butt in quite often where you're just not needed.

But, in this case, I'll be glad to oblige.

The specific lie we were discussing, Marlin and I, was Xuenchen's statement that Mr. Klain "approved" the Solyendra deal.

Marlin was dancing around Xuenchen's ... misstatement, if you will ... by recounting some other rather famous exploits of the gentleman.

What interested me about Marlin's comment was his statement about "the truth."

And my comment was quite clear in that regard.

More clear? Peachy.

Now, if I could I'd like to ask you a question in return.

Do you really believe in "the left" and "the right" as anything beyond political theatre?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The'll have all of the cake until the cake turns into acid

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

neo-cons didn't have anything to do with 9/11; they couldn't prevent it...that was a special event far beyond their job descriptions.

Had Bush actually paid attention to the many warning he received chances are they could have stopped it. Hell other nations knew so much about it they sent people over here to film it.

they got scared and did what they could but everyone knows that it was the American people that had to decide how to handle the real threat, not the people they sent to work in the government.

It is the governments job to protect the American citizens from foreign threats. That is why they have a massive defense and black ops budget.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The'll have all of the cake until the cake turns into acid

Well. . . . there's always milk.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I thought Clinton had a chance to take him out?

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 18-10-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

As facetious as the plague

Nay....I’m perfectly serious.

Look at the record of GOP presidents save Roosevelt and Eisenhower two sane ones amongst the few therein.

Since Ike though each GOP president has done something increasingly evil.
Bush and 911 and Iraq were the last dastardly evil they have perpetuated the next in line will be worst.

Nixon Watergate and related crimes

Reagan and his Iran Contra and his waylaying the middle class and unionism

The first Bush junta and his obvious NWO pronouncements

And then the son of Bush mentioned above truly a scourge on humanity:
Iraq
Katrina
The 2007-8 depression

The next one is to be the worst. The writing is on the wall for all to see

Tough the blind and seeing are not alike.

edit on 19-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I wasn't aware of the evil of the GOP.

Good thing there are democrats to save us, yes?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

You, also, are my friend and I show the utmost respect, but this is not about golf or ebola. This is all about an ideology in and of itself.

Which president took more days off or hit the links the most is irrelevant. What matters is that both sides, Dem and Rep, represent a much bigger agenda that transcends political party.

We are being corralled into a mindset, much like an NFL football fan, that we must cheer for a certain team, yet we are unwilling to step back and recognize that there is very little that differentiates the teams from one another.

If we really want to deny ignorance and step above the average moron mentality, let's recognize that and move beyond the propagandized rhetoric to find a solution.

Otherwise, we are just blowing smoke up each other's asses and belittling ourselves by parroting the same propaganda.

Oppssss, You're Right My Friend, What Was I thinking or Reading?
This thread is about, the Repub's taking control of the Senate.
Thank you for reminding me,,,,,,
I guess the Dem's have lost the Senate, well according to a memo sent out, it say's something about them needing the Black Vote and the Brown Vote to Win,,,,

WASHINGTON — The confidential memo from a former pollster for President Obama contained a blunt warning for Democrats. Written this month with an eye toward Election Day, it predicted “crushing Democratic losses across the country” if the party did not do more to get black voters to the polls.

“African-American surge voters came out in force in 2008 and 2012, but they are not well positioned to do so again in 2014,” Cornell Belcher, the pollster, wrote in the memo, dated Oct. 1. “In fact, over half aren’t even sure when the midterm elections are taking place.”

Mr. Belcher’s assessment points to an urgent imperative for Democrats: To keep Republicans from taking control of the Senate, as many are predicting, they need black voters in at least four key states. Yet the one politician guaranteed to generate enthusiasm among African Americans is the same man many Democratic candidates want to avoid: Mr. Obama.

Now, Democrats are deploying other prominent black elected officials and other surrogates, buttressed by sophisticated voter targeting efforts, to stoke black turnout. At the White House, the president is waging an under-the-radar campaign, recording video advertisements, radio interviews and telephone calls specifically targeting his loyal African-American base.

You notice it's not working,,,,, he;s to busy golfing!!!

“Anybody who looks at the data realizes that if the black vote, and the brown vote, doesn’t turn out, we can’t win. It’s just that simple,” said Representative Marcia L. Fudge of Ohio, the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, referring to African-American and Latino voters. “If we don’t turn out, we cannot hold the Senate.”

African-Americans could help swing elections in Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina and possibly Arkansas, a New York Times analysis of voter data shows, but only if they turn out at higher-than-forecast rates. They will also be important in Kentucky, where Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Democratic Senate candidate, refuses to say if she voted for President Obama — a stance that black leaders including Ms. Fudge fear will depress turnout.

OH, and it goes on and on,,,,,,
link

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

My good friend Beezer there is degrees of everything

You know like in your car you have that half moon button where one scrolls to the red hot side and the blue cold side

The Dems aren’t much better if they were then they would be a balance to the GOP.
But they are too much in the hands of the Zionists

So you are right the dems wont save us

there is no one to save us
edit on 19-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Really?

Wake up, please.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Please clarify that you're referring to Theodore not Franklin.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dear Gryphon66,

I appreciate you explaining the "lie" to me. And I also appreciate the fact that you are being honest with me. How would you suggest that a discussion board indicate whose comments are needed and whose are not? Hard for me to tell. Perhaps you could add a note to that effect on your posts.

Do you really believe in "the left" and "the right" as anything beyond political theatre?

I believe that there are philosophies often called the "Left" and the "Right." I also believe that if a politician believe in, and acts on, one of the positions there will be a different result than from one who follows the other. In that sense, yes, clearly there is a difference.

But, no, there's no difference between a Democrat or republican politician who gets elected for the purpose of enhancing his own position of power and money, those are all the same. If that doesn't answer your question, please ask again.

On the subject of the "lie," you might have that wrong.

Klain, a Democratic operative who also served as chief of staff to Vice President Al Gore, had a hand in pushing for President Obama’s visit to a Solyndra factory in California during the 2010 midterms. ”Sounds like there are some risk factors here — but that’s true of any innovative company that POTUS would visit,” Klain wrote in an email the day before. “It looks like it is OK to me, but if you feel otherwise, let me know.”

dailycaller.com...

As Biden's chief of staff, Klain had a key role in implementing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and signed off on one of its most controversial projects: a $535 million loan guarantee to solar panel maker Solyndra.

www.usatoday.com...

Looks like there was no lie. So yes, thank you, much more clear. But you seem to be in error.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Theodore indeed. He, Lincoln and Ike were, imo, great Republican presidents….Well that is as “great” as a president can be in America.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join