It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Agreed. But I don't see how my explanation of a neocon, which you call a progressive, serves the public good.

In my definition, what can you point to that serves the public good?

Nothing.

edit on 10/18/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Yeah and the sop of the right is to blame everything on the left.

And the sop of the left is to actually do what they accuse the right of.

Boingggggg.....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: MarlinGrace

Yeah and the sop of the right is to blame everything on the left.

And the sop of the left is to actually do what they accuse the right of.

Boingggggg.....

Ahh, the ever popular and intelligent response...."I know you are, but what am I".

Cmon, can't you guys do any better?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I'm just curious, but do you think things will get better if republicans do win control of the senate? How?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
if the Republicans win the Senate it means an end to the Obama presidency.

for little more than checks and balances, this is a desirable outcome.

i don't have anything against the current President...but I like to see when they start making their way for the door and accept that the end has arrived.

its healthy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Agreed. But I don't see how my explanation of a neocon, which you call a progressive, serves the public good.

In my definition, what can you point to that serves the public good?

Nothing.

That's the thing.

Nothing that comes out of DC actually serves the public good.

They all serve special interests.

The progressives, they want to save us and keep us safe by removing handguns.

The progressives, they don't want our feelings hurt, so they police our words.

I use the term soft despotism.

Soft despotism gives people the illusion that they are in control, when in fact they have very little influence over their government. Soft despotism breeds fear, uncertainty, and doubt in the general populace. Alexis de Tocqueville observed that this trend was avoided in America only by the "habits of the heart" of its 19th-century populace.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen
I'm just curious, but do you think things will get better if republicans do win control of the senate? How?

It would all be up to Obama.

1) Vetos

2) Cabinet Department spending and regulation control.

edit on Oct-18-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

sounds extremist.

i bought meat today that was fresh and drank liquor that has yet to cause blindness...Big shots out to the USDA and the FDA.

I bet you're the kind of person that thinks a non-governmental group will allow you to read and respond to this post, but it isn't...it is the FCC, another Washington organization.

do the extremist elements remaining realize that their arguments are without a foundation?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Compared to the neocons giving us the war on terror and the patriot act and our lovely police state!

Compared to the neocons not preventing 9/11!

Compared to the neocon tax breaks for the rich and yet another economic crash??

But its all Obama's fault! or progressives, or liberals!!

Not that Obama is better he isn't but our entire government is by the corporation for the corporation.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

neo-cons didn't have anything to do with 9/11; they couldn't prevent it...that was a special event far beyond their job descriptions.

they got scared and did what they could but everyone knows that it was the American people that had to decide how to handle the real threat, not the people they sent to work in the government.

even now some within the citizenry welcome with open arms the groups that desire to enslave them.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Funny. I can still say anything I like and I still own handguns......yet we are still at war with a fake enemy and my rights are being taken away for the sake of "national security" while I'm being bombarded by propaganda telling me I'm less of an American because I do not follow the dictate of a certain ideology.

I love you Beezer. You truly are my friend. But you're slipping.

That's the thing.

Nothing that comes out of DC actually serves the public good.

Then by your own definition....they are not progressive.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: LDragonFire

neo-cons didn't have anything to do with 9/11; they couldn't prevent it...that was a special event far beyond their job descriptions.

they got scared and did what they could but everyone knows that it was the American people that had to decide how to handle the real threat, not the people they sent to work in the government.

even now some within the citizenry welcome with open arms the groups that desire to enslave them.

It's not necessarily 9/11 that were worried about. It's what they did afterwards that has thrown this country in to the state it is in today. Obama continued that process....Obama is a neocon.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Tell where I can buy a fully automatic rifle over the counter and I'll apologise.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Tell where I can buy a fully automatic rifle over the counter and I'll apologise.

You can, if you have the proper FFL licence.

You're all for showing proper credentials to vote, correct?

Why not for buying a fully-auto weapon?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Oh, so I have to get permission from the state first.

Then it isn't a right, it's an allowance.

And I'm all for ID, but I guess my driver's license isn't good enough.

But if you are against voter ID, then you'd be against Firearm ID as well, since they are both constitutional rights, supposedly.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Oh, so I have to get permission from the state first.

Then it isn't a right, it's an allowance.

And I'm all for ID, but I guess my driver's license isn't good enough.

But if you are against voter ID, then you'd be against Firearm ID as well, since they are both constitutional rights, supposedly.

The act of voting is not a constitutional right and can be taken away under certain circumstances......just like the right to own a firearm.

Also, you cannot shoot a vote through a barrel to kill a person. Big difference.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The act of voting is not a constitutional right and can be taken away under certain circumstances......just like the right to own a firearm.

Also, you cannot shoot a vote through a barrel to kill a person. Big difference.

Rights can be taken away.

And they are being taken away.

Soft despotism, my friend.

We are living in a soft despotism.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I will not disagree one bit. Where I disagree is where it comes from, whom is perpetuating it and what we call those people.

You call them progressives, but we've already established, by your own definition, they are not the progressives.

I call them neocons, and rightfully so. That in no way degrades a true conservative ideology, but we must recognize that fact before we can change anything.

Holding on to the "my team is the best team no matter what" mentality only leaves us susceptible to being blinded to what is really going on.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Again your terminology is absurdly out of touch with reality. What we have now is no where near despotism. In fact for good or bad our current president has held the least amount of power in decades compared to the past several presidents.

What we have is an oligarchy, corporations control everything. Just because they bitch about the low corporate tax rate doesn't mean they aren't in control, especially since the medium to largest of them pay no taxes and even get millions in refunds. Nothing happens in this country without a corporate stamp of approval. Soft fascism is far more apt.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well Obama has got himself a new Czar and it's to the Links for Golf,,,, As if we didn't know,,,,,
What, he spent a whole week on Ebola,,,,

President Obama is hitting the links on Saturday, joined by ESPN commentator Tony Kornheiser after a hectic week for the White House in response to the Ebola outbreak.

The president and Kornheiser are golfing at Fort Belvoir in Virginia, according to a White House pool report.

The duo, who have golfed together atleast four times in the past five months, are joined by staffers Joe Paulsen and Marvin Nicholson.
On Friday, Obama announced plans to appoint Democratic operative Ron Klain his Ebola response coordinator, a move that was heavily criticized by Republicans who assailed Klain's lack of public health experience.
link

It would be nice if he cared, but the American people are not shaped like tees and golf balls.
Now an Obama supporter will come here and tell me that Bush golfed more than Obama or Obamas still working even on the golf course or even its the weekend even the POTUS gets a day off, No, he doesn't.
He made a promise that as long as he was POTUS he would not take a day off, but that was just another lie!

So, Obama supporter, Someone like you who supports Obama in light of his wide open border policy which ushers in all manner of Third World crime and disease. Name me one other country that does not enforce its border laws. Name me one other country that welcomes the FRICKIN plague in. Your perverse ideology obviously trumps your survival instinct. Leave the rest of us out of your Praise Of Obama,,,, he's a Loser and a Failure!
edit on 18-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join