It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Bush and Obama are progressives. They wanted bigger more intrusive government and they got bigger more intrusive government.

NDAA
Patriot Act
DHS
TSA
Obamacare
Now an Ebola muck-up.

But you can't say all ideologies are the same, just because 2 morons from different parties hold the same ideology.

I could jump up and down and scream "Told you so!" (and I often do)

But. . . .

That doesn't change the fact that we are knowingly voting these idiots into office!

There is a difference in ideologies.
There is a difference in politicians.

This is what I was waiting to read. At least along these lines. So Beez can you tell me which party is actively running against these things? The NDAA, Patriot Act, DHS, and TSA? Amazingly I haven't heard any party campaign against them.

Obamacare and Ebola are hot topics but the others you mentioned you claim there are different ideologies with the politicians. Well I don't see it. Can you please reference who and what because I vote for whoever is going to dismantle those things.

The NDAA, Patriot Act, DHS, and TSA are the topics just reiterating.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Libertarian Party has been running against all of this tyrannical crap for decades but everyone still votes for the lesser of two evils.

Americans are intellectually lazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

And when the GOP gets in, they are going to.....get rid of the corporate and banking cronyism and corruption?
RIGHT!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Change you say?
Where have we heard that before?

There will be no "Change" as long as the highest bidding puppet masters control foreign and domestic economic policies at this nations and every American's expense.

We need to devise a way for those Big Corporations and Banks that send Lobbyists to DC to have skin in the game.
The executives should personally feel repercussions when they draft policies detrimental to the people of this nation.

Don't like it, don't go bribing politicians via legalized bribery aka Lobbying.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Kali74

Out of curiosity, do you agree with all tenets of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Witch constitution? The one our founding fathers created that allowed slavery? The one that didn't give equal rights to women? The one that allowed our government to intern Japanese Americans in WW2? The one that allowed secret medical experiments on minorities? The one that allowed the IRS and federal reserve to become law of the land without properly ratifying it?

Shame on you.

It's why I included the Bill of Rights which includes all the Constitutional Amendments.

But haters gonna hate!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't know of any mainstream pols who are against these things.

Sometimes I feel like Diogenes.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

What you describe as neo-conservative, I describe as progressive.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Libertarianism is very mainstream. Which is why every election season both major parties color their BS with libertarian ideas. All they're really doing is pouring MSG and sugar on a turd and calling it a chocolate donut...But again, Americans, while aware of this, are still too damned lazy and stupid to stop falling for the establishments mantra of "wasting your vote".
edit on pSat, 18 Oct 2014 15:53:30 -0500201418America/Chicago2014-10-18T15:53:30-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: changed their to they're..Hate making that mistake

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Libertarianism is very mainstream. Which is why every election season both major parties color their BS with libertarian ideas. All their really doing is pouring MSG and sugar on a turd and calling it a chocolate donut...But again, Americans, while aware of this, are still too damned lazy and stupid to stop falling for the establishments mantra of "wasting your vote".

I've noticed that all politicians, when campaigning, care about everything and are fiscally conservative and staunch adherents to the Constitution.

After the election, they loot/rape/pillage to the point where even Vikings would look at them and say, "Dayum!"

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Vikings were at least up front with it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Libertarian Party has been running against all of this tyrannical crap for decades but everyone still votes for the lesser of two evils.

Americans are intellectually lazy.

I am not talking about what a party "claims" they stand for because when I look up the actual people runing for that party those issues are not even mentioned in most cases and if they are they are so far on the back burner they may as well say they aren't issues.

Libertarian Gov for my state.

wyllieforgovernor.com...

Libertarian Party of Florida LPF
www.lpf.org...

Kind of amazing that you say those are issues but not one libertarian from my state has made those things an issue.

Me thinks that is a hollow claim.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Maybe take more time looking?

From your LP source.

Recognizing absolute freedom of speech, religion, and association
Demanding Constitutionally-limited government
Ensuring minimal taxation and balanced budgets
Defending property rights
Asserting sovereignty of the State from unconstitutional federal interference
Asserting sovereignty of the Republic from unconstitutional international interference
Upholding the Second Amendment and the absolute right to self defense
Promoting a true free market economy
Defending personal privacy and the Fourth Amendment
Promoting strong national defense through a Constitutional foreign policy
Ending government corruption
Ensuring no individual, corporation or government is above the rule of law
Ending prohibitions on all personal activities that do not infringe upon the rights of others

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Hefficide

There is a difference in ideologies.
There is a difference in politicians.

We just have to find them because the media isn't going to help us.

We have to do the media's job now.

We have to expose the truth, uncover the lies, and illuminate the bullspit.

Its pretty easy actually
Follow the money as they say

Wall Street Banks came out as Obamas top donors.
If the Repub Candidate is backed by the big banks and corporations then we can expect the same

All policies will be to further donor interest while #ting on the rest of the country

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So from that you extrapolate direct vocal opposition to NDAA, Patriot Act, DHS, and the TSA.

Sorry I want politicians to clearly state such things because an open blanket statement such as what you just showed gives them the ability to weasel out of working to end any of that. Since they never clearly stated they were against them then it isn't even a campaign promise. They are lawyered up and I am not falling for it.

When I looked through each politicians site the NDAA, Patriot Act, DHS, and the TSA were not even mentioned.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You are purposefully being obtuse.

I'm not going to spoon feed you reading material readily available via google using keywords in your list of complaints.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Eh most likely we'll just continue our headlong rush towards a totalitarian fascist state while people argue over inane minor issues. The only way utopia will come is after a massive global collapse and that collapse is more likely to spell the end of humanity than the beginning of utopia.

Basically we all are going to lose because people prefer being selfish, defensive, and hateful over being compassionate, open minded and accepting.

Good post.
I sadly think you are right where collapse is the most likely thing to happen.
The entrenched selfish elitist interests that own our government will not give up their wealth and power and will bring the whole ship down with them.

The policies crafted by the wealthy to make them wealthier sure have not trickled down to the masses, but poverty and destruction sure will by their hand.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know a blanket statement when I see it and that definitely is one which gives them outs to dealing with the issues I have listed.

You call it obtuse I call it seeing through the BS.

I hate Obama for not following through on his promise on Patriot Act but at least he was clear so I can hold him to a broken promise. None of the Libertarians in my state have the balls to even make such a promise so if elected and they don't deliver I can't even hold their feet to the fire. It is BS. If I find a politician that has the guts to make a "clear" statement on the issues going against those things they will have my vote.

In 2012 we did have some politicians that were clear on that. Sadly I don't see that this year.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

What leftist ideology has come to fruition? Liberalism is all about protecting freedoms, anti-war, equality issues, separation of church and state and things like that. They are still pushing for such things and I suppose they are making progress in some areas, such as gay marriage, but many of those issues we all can agree on.

What freedoms is liberalism protecting? They want our guns and free speech for gods sake! We have "liberal" mayors
On the other hand, no real conservative ideologies are coming to fruition either. We have no responsibility in government, the economy is a wreck and individual liberty is becoming a thing of the past.

I agree with Sheepslayer and I think you misinterpreted his post.
The qualities he outlined is exactly what a liberal administration should be promoting and they are doing the exact opposite which strengthens the point that there will be no change with the next "team" coming in.
edit on 18-10-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Obamacare is government control.
You wanted it, you got it.

Obamacare was written by Big Pharma and Health Insurance and is controlled by profiteering private interests that I am forced to buy from using the government as their big stick.

If it was government owned and by the will of the people, then it would be non profit and since I am forced to pay for it I would like to see the top level executives take a paycut so that they can feel the repercussion they are forcing on us.

Obamacare is a big bail out for Big Pharma and Insurance.

They never once talked about reducing costs in healthcare did they? It is all about who is going to pay for it and prop them up.

That is part and parcel Corporate Fascism which we have in this country today.
edit on 18-10-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I totally miss the 80's when the people still had a damn voice...

We have NO!!! Voice!!!

Corruption by the richest blood has won...

As the water comes up to the people's chest, we become arcane, and pull out the leaves dead from the sky above, as if we wait for some miracle rain to rain down on us and bring us back to life with a vote....

I will continue to hold on... yet I forget who I am suppose to effing protect!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I sit still, the more I see... To the point it hurts....

In 1970, there were less than 200 lobbying offices in DC
In 2014, there are thousands of lobbying offices in DC

It is quite clear where the problem lies.
As long as politicians serve corporate and banking lobbyists over the majority of the citizens in this country, nothing is going to change for the majority.

The only change will be the corporate and banking winners and losers each round.

We could start with not voting for candidates backed by Big Corporations and Wall Street Banks as a start, but as long as lobbyists still remain in place, and the revolving door between industry and DC exists, nothing would change anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join