It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set to seize the Senate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., praised Obama’s decision.
“I’ve known Ron Klain for over twenty years. He is smart, aggressive, and levelheaded; exactly the qualities we need in a czar to steer our response to Ebola. He is an excellent choice,” Schumer told CBS News in a statement.

Klain is also the guy who approved the Solyndra deal.

He's great at spotting disasters ahead of time

No wonder a dunderhead like Schumer likes him as a choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You didn't notice the part where health and security experts said the current method is more effective. So apparently politicians and average citizens know more than health and security experts?

Based on what?

I guess it's a victory when fear and rhetoric overtake calm rational evidence based thought?

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

This is why all politics are worthless.

Yet you argue for one side, constantly.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Are you saying that independents wanted Obamacare?

Many of them did.

Then they aren't really independent, if they want to be dependent on government.

It's better to be dependent on government than dependent on an employer. The government has rules and restrictions as to how badly they can treat you.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly, idiot Two says Hello to idiot Three and they Bow to Dear Supreme Leader Idiot One!
Amazing!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Oh, goodness. I don't understand you at all. What are you thinking?

It's better to be dependent on government than dependent on an employer.

The employer is bound by the government's rules. The government makes up their own rules. What checks do you have on employers when they make your life hard? You can find another employer, you can file a suit, you've got options.

What check do you have on government when they say you have to have your Social security check cut in half in order to keep the system afloat? " ----- " That's right, silence. There is nothing you can do, nowhere you can go, no one you can appeal to.

You can talk to an employer, negotiate, plead, anything. You already have some relationship with him. What are you going to do when the government stabs you in the back? Again, dead silence. There is nothing you can do, comrade, it's all in the interest of the State, it has been decided.

At one point, you thought your employer was a decent guy, he showed good traits, you trusted him. When have you ever done that with the vast Leviathan called "Government?" Be prepared, comrade, for "You have been a good servant to the State, we will award you with a medal. But you are too expensive for us to justify helping you any longer. Please enjoy your train ride to a little villa about 3000 miles north of here. Thank you for your sacrifice, comrade."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You didn't notice the part where health and security experts said the current method is more effective. So apparently politicians and average citizens know more than health and security experts?

I guess it's a victory when fear and rhetoric overtake calm rational evidence based thought?

This is why all politics are worthless.

I noticed but to tell the truth, Health Officials are only going to back the party that's paying them and yes talk about Security Expert's, ever Security Expert I've ever know only knew one thing about an Biological Agent or Bug or Virus.
That was how to disperses it or in layman's terms to use it to kill or sicken.
So, The Government that Promised to Be The Most Up Front and Honest and Transparent in History is telling me One Thing,

I'm Going To Believe an Other, They have a prov'en track record of being dishonest,,,,,How many times were you and the rest of America told,,,, If You Like Your Doctor, You Can Keep Your Doctor, If You Like Your Health Car Plan, You Can Keep Your Health Care Plan,,,,,, Their Liars!
Really I have to ask,,,,,,,Some of these People!

It's not Fear or Rhetoric, It's Mostly Commonsense. Asked question's and Make Waves, don't allow yourself to be blindly lead to the FEMA CAMP!
edit on 18-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If you think it's "better" for the country if basically ANY decision in the Senate will be vetoed (as happened in the past) you are wrong.

Better even, when any one decision will be vetoed...and then people voicing that "their leadership is weak".

I don't know much about US politics since I moved from the US...but doesn't need rocket science to recognize this is a circus.
Now, the DIVIDE which already plagues your country in other areas...is now also within your gvt and decisions. Worst case scenario, your gvt cannot make ANY decision anymore.....but maybe that's what some people actually want, that their OWN gvt is actually unable to make any decisions. Just don't come here then and complain about weak leadership.

edit on 10/18/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The purpose of this news from a left sided news outlet is to lure the right into a false sense of victory in hopes that they don't go out and vote since they are going to win anyway. DON'T BELIEVE IT FOR A SECOND! Believe that this is a battle that YOU must enter on election day and that there is NO GUARANTEED WINNER! My advice for fellow Americans...believe that there will be one vote difference between the winners and losers...YOURS!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Yes, these lefty organizations are really working at it ...

Breitbart.com - Republicans Poised for Massive Win in November

Newsmax.com - GOP Set to Seize the Senate

Fox News.com - GOP Poised to Win Senate in November

Darn lefty rags.
edit on 2Sat, 18 Oct 2014 02:44:37 -050014p0220141066 by Gryphon66 because: Not a lot of experience typing "Breitbart"

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank You, I knew if I used those Source's I'd be accused of using purely Right Wing Trash and Propaganda and Wishful Thinking Sites and Not To Mention What The Left Calls Fox News!!!

Thank You!

I used The Huff, to prove a point,,,,,, The Dem's back Losing Policies and Agenda's.

Not all American's Watch Honey Bo Bo and Believe that 8,9 and 10 year old walk three or five thousand miles by themselves to get to America and still look 20 pounds over weight.
No, some American's have eyes and don't believe everything they are told to believe.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ummm, no. However, it is usually Independents who say there's no real difference between the two major parties. That's who your comment was basically directed towards
edit on 18-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Uh, you're ... welcome ... that I know how to search via Google ???

Did you happen to notice that I'm responding to WeAreAwake's claim up there by another user that the whole "Republicans might win" thing was a leftist plot?

Yeah, that's the point of my response.

It doesn't tie in at all the rest of the generalized partisan mess you're trying to toss in there. Though if I were guessing I'd wager that more Republicans were fans of Miss Boo Boo ... given the demographics of the thing.

If you've got some actual facts from any source ("right or left") rather than your somewhat vague meanderings, I'd be glad to offer my response ... as it is you're merely saying "Dems bad, Cons good."

edit on 8Sat, 18 Oct 2014 08:26:14 -050014p0820141066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, not many Independents did actually Aazadan. You have to be careful, some Republicans and Democrats label themselves "Independents." If you're a card carrying member of the Republicans or Democrats you ARE NOT an Independent. That simple.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What Political Party controls California, Washington DC and New Mexico?
What was That,,,, The Democrats?

California continues to have – by far – the nation’s highest level of poverty under an alternative method devised by the Census Bureau that takes into account both broader measures of income and the cost of living.

Nearly a quarter of the state’s 38 million residents (8.9 million) live in poverty, a new Census Bureau report says, a level virtually unchanged since the agency first began reporting on the method’s effects.

Under the traditional method of gauging poverty, adopted a half-century ago, California’s rate is 16 percent (6.1 million residents), somewhat above the national rate of 14.9 percent but by no means the highest. That dubious honor goes to New Mexico at 21.5 percent.

The only other state to approach California in the alternate rankings is Nevada at 20 percent, although Washington, D.C., is close at 22.4 percent.

Ever since the Census Bureau first published its “supplemental poverty measure” rankings that placed California at the top a few years ago, poverty has evolved into a political issue.

It’s now routinely cited in official reports and legislative documents, and Neel Kashkari, the Republican candidate for governor, has tried to make it an issue in his uphill challenge to Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown, even spending several days in Fresno posing as a homeless person to dramatize it.

The Public Policy Institute of California used a similar methodology last year to gauge poverty in the state’s 58 counties, called a California Poverty Measure.

It pegged the statewide poverty rate at 22 percent and found some of the highest rates in the San Francisco Bay Area and coastal communities usually considered affluent due to their high costs of housing. Los Angeles had the highest rate in the state, 26.9 percent, followed by Napa at 25.5 percent.

The Dems Darling Nancy Pelosi,,,, she's in what city?
Link

It's a wonder California Still Votes Democrat,,,,, No ,,,, It's Not,,,,,

edit on 18-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I see you know how to Google too! Gratz.

Okay, we're making progress, you've posted some links to ... something.

Of course, you're not actually citing your quotes yet ... but one step at a time.

What are you trying to say exactly aside from "Democrat bad" again?

edit on 9Sat, 18 Oct 2014 09:06:35 -050014p0920141066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I see you know how to Google too! Gratz.

Okay, we're making progress, you've posted some links to ... something.

What are you trying to say exactly aside from "Democrat bad" again?

ROFLMAO
Democrats Are BAD!!!!
,,,, Sorry,,,, But that's how I see them in Washington!
Yes, I can Google,,, it's the site's, they would not have been acceptable to the More Liberal of ATS members, So,,, I used HUFF!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Er ... okay ... back to what you were trying to say as opposed to an explosion of emoticons ...

If what you're going for is "high poverty rate = Democratic leadership" ... you may want to to check that, because in the top ten highest poverty rates in the US, Republican controlled states hold 7 of the top 10 spots.

And in terms of lowest poverty rate, Democratic controlled states have 8 of the 10 states with the LOWEST poverty rates.

And just for an example, here's the sites I used for those facts: Wiki - List of US States by Poverty Level and Political Party Strength in US States

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Well crushing the demoncrats is a good first step. Unfortunately it leaves is with the republicrats who are just as bad IMO. Still a 50% win is better than nothing.

So hopefully the very first thing on the agenda is to impeach Obama. I know they'll never get a conviction but it's the thought that counts. Got to send that commie-marxist into retirement knowing that at least half of America thinks he should go to prison.

as a left of center guy, that will be the one of the things done, so I agree with you....that would mean that in the last 25 years, whenever republicans were able to take over the congress , they will automatically impeach a democratic president, or shutdown the government....I'm signing up this month for my social security, not because I need the money before I turn 65, but because the republicans have been in a mode to dismantle every government program that Roosevelt signed into law, that resulted in helping the middle class and poor. and like most republicans, I'm going to make sure I got mine, before I go after someone else that feeds off the government teat.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: beezzer

You can't put up a very good fight if you don't know who you're fighting against.

I don't see progressives starting wars. I don't see progressives robbing the country blind.

Go ahead and watch the progressives. I'll keep my eye on the fascists in DC.

If the progressives are anti war then where are the protestors? I find it interestingly shallow that protesters were in the streets, hanging Bush, burning flags, etc. etc. Now with a democratic president that has torture, drone killings of children, unlawful detentions (Rendition), etc. etc. under his belt..... it's crickets. Go figure, and why is the media not asking why?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Precisely why the "Ra ra, go team go" political mentality of the average American is so full of #.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join