It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This happened to me a few years ago. I was on a long stretch of road driving back to college from home. Its a 2 hour drive and I was roughly an hour into it. Now this stretch of road goes through a small town then another long stretch then another town, seperated by about 20 minutes worth of road. I was driving thinking about the first small town I was about to enter and all of a sudden I was entering the second town with no recollection of having driven through the first. Not only that when I got to my final destination I had made the trip 30 minutes faster then I normally would. So either I had serious road hypnosis and broke several speed limit laws and possibly ran a red light or something weird happened. Thoughts, opinions? I just started thinking about this agian and thought I would share.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
I was driving thinking about the first small town I was about to enter and all of a sudden I was entering the second town with no recollection of having driven through the first. Not only that when I got to my final destination I had made the trip 30 minutes faster then I normally would. So either I had serious road hypnosis and broke several speed limit laws and possibly ran a red light or something weird happened. Thoughts, opinions?

Well, there have been many a time that I drove here or there to realize, how the heck did I get here? And arrive in one piece? Because I wasn't really paying attention. This usually happens to me on long drives, on a more frequented path. However the 30 minutes faster is odd, were you gunning it?
Okay, if not, do you remember seeing anything odd, a flash of light? Any more details would be helpful. I can't tell you whether you did or didn't have an out of this world experience, only you can know that for sure. But I'll try to help.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The main things were I was coming off of Camp Lejune, the Marine Base, I had just taken a turn onto the main highway, and started driving. It should have taken me 5 minutes to get to the town from where I was. All I remember is it taking a couple more minutes then usual to get out of the woods, thinking it was odd, then realizing I was coming into the second town not the first. Then once I got to my destination I called my parents to tell them I had gotten home and they commented about how fast I had done it. I checked the time and it was a good 30 minutes faster then normal.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
The main things were I was coming off of Camp Lejune, the Marine Base,

Hmm. Anyone know anything about this Camp Lejune? Anything secret or odd about it? The 30 minutes faster, isn't a huge
"wowwee something must have happened" kicker, know what i mean? However it is interesting.
Did you travel at a different time of day? Perhaps the middle of the night, some time that you normally don't travel? Perhaps with no traffic, and all green lights, your drive could have taken a shorter amount of time?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It was early afternoon. It wasn't a huge thing no which is why I didn't give it all that much thought but it was enough that I thought I would bring it up here.

Camp Lejune is the largest marine base in the country, its absolutely enormous, takes a good 30 minutes just to take the civilian detour through it.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Camp Lejune is the largest marine base in the country, its absolutely enormous, takes a good 30 minutes just to take the civilian detour through it.

WELL do you know how long it took you to get through it? That was the first part of the journey home right?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Takes 30 minutes, took 30 minutes that time. I had just gotten off of the base when I had the actual experience of time loss. I just mentioned the base to put the location in context.

top topics

join