It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alarm After Vomitting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: crazyewok

(Doesn't she know what she last worked on at the lab???)

Likley not.

Most labs like that operate in shifts.

Chances are she just got a vial of blood/other fluid, set up a cell culture or test which would have been one of many hundreds and left it for the next shift to continue with.

She wouldn't have any clue what she was testing for or looking for? So she could say nope no strep throat here or Mr. Smith you're pregnant? I refuse to pay a single lab fee from now on then. Gives new meaning to blind studies huh?

Depends on the protocol. She would have had SOME idea from the form that came with the vial as it would have had a list of tests needed done but likely only a rough idea as likely the sample was tested for a good number of things. She may very well have just set the tests up and left not knowing the result.

Still even with Ebola its very unlikely she caught it as handling of samples is done very carefully.

I agree her risk was very low but facts is facts and the simple truth is low or not the risk was there. The people on her cruise ship that didn't get to see Cabos would agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That I understand. Liability and all. However the lab where these samples went should have alerted every employee about what was possibly on the premises and installed a no travel protocol for three weeks just to make sure. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In all honesty how many samples come into a lab where one of the test requested is for Ebola? I'm thinking not too many.
A reply to: crazyewok

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I agree they should have, but having seen both sides of the medical "profession" closely, I'm not shocked in the least that they didn't.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The account reads like some surreal movie plot. Snakes on a plane got more play than this nightmare.

Why oh why did I make the decision to re-watch Stephen King's "The Stand" again a week ago....

Because it was a new release on Netflix? Along with a nice little ditty about a flesh eating virus titled Patient Zero... life imitating art???

Haha, true. But the timing was not good by both Netflix and my choice to watch. The Stand is all about a virus, in this case government created, that kills the majority of the world's population.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

heh, that's the protocol now. Deny everything...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The account reads like some surreal movie plot. Snakes on a plane got more play than this nightmare.

Why oh why did I make the decision to re-watch Stephen King's "The Stand" again a week ago....

Because it was a new release on Netflix? Along with a nice little ditty about a flesh eating virus titled Patient Zero... life imitating art???

Haha, true. But the timing was not good by both Netflix and my choice to watch. The Stand is all about a virus, in this case government created, that kills the majority of the world's population.

And I understand that 12 Monkees is being remade and is to be released very soon. Another weird timing movie.

By the way, the first one, with Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis from c. 1995 was excellent. Can they beat that?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I agree they should have, but having seen both sides of the medical "profession" closely, I'm not shocked in the least that they didn't.

That's why they say it's a 'practice'. They are practicing medicine. Like how attorneys practice law. Makes sense but doesn't give me any more comfort to know that. uggh.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's probably set up like other tests. When I had my knees MRId there was a tech watching in real time as it was going, but since a doctor hadn't read it he couldn't say anything about how it looked.

The techs kept freaking me out when I had my knees done. "Are you sure you never seriously injured yourself requiring an ER visit?" Don't you think I'd remember something like that???? My bones are messed up anyway. I had a scan done years ago and it showed that even though my age is in my 40's, my bones are in my 90's. It's not osteoporosis or anything, but with each passing year it gets worse and more painful. I'm supposed to go get Synvisc shots in my knees come Thursday to see if that will help. The knees are actually the least painful part on me. The hips and the spine are the worst. Especially with the herniated and degenerated discs and the bone spurs on the hips. YOUCH! Those are fun.

I'm waiting for flu season to hit full force and everyone to come down with a cold or flu. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, you know people are going to be thinking Ostrich. EBOLA RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! Curious as to how many times the media will report on the "possible Ebola sightings" only to find it was the flu.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I know they have Contagion on DVD but I'm surprised it's not on recommendations yet. LOL

second line

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
Apparently there was another one on another plane that survived. No screening at the airport!

This is just great, one of our friends is flying back from there right now, and I KNOW they have told them nothing, no precautions to other passengers in the airport.... lovely, Glad I am stocked up for a good year or so. Going to do one more big load, of supplies I guess, just to be safe..... this is just lovely to hear.... NOT....

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
a reply to: blackcatmagic

The second link as better and more thorough. It states he was clutching his chest, which seems to indicate heart attack, not Ebola. Thanks BlackCatMagic!

Ebola can cause a heart attack from blood clots breaking loose and traveling to the heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join