It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Sanity Briefly Infects Fox News, Will It Spread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The last thing I wanted to do was add to the Ebola infection here on ATS but damn it, I gotta give credit where credit is due!

Damn you Fox News, I still hate you, but congrats on a good job in this instance!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

EBOLA CAMPS? FOX ANALYST CALLS FOR QUARANTINE CAMPS IN EVERY CITY

Fox News host proposes Ebola quarantine 'centers' in every US city

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow!! I’m flabbergasted! This must be an aberration, right? Surely this guy’s days are numbered on Fox News. They can’t have that!

I’ve got to say, that was the most reasonable, sensible and responsible reporting that I’ve heard on any news station regarding the Ebola issue. Without exception. There’s a glimmer of hope after all!

Thanks for posting that! My faith has been renewed. Kinda... somewhat... maybe just a little... a very, very little...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Damn! I think your post updated a microsecond before mine hit. I didn't see it before I posted my reply.

So much for my renewed faith! I knew it must be an aberration!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You mean the sky isn't falling?? Guess I'll take myself out of self-quarantine and go back to work tomorrow, I might even send my kids back to school.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmmm, of course I may have jumped the gun congratulating Fox News when I should have just given that anchor the credit, oh what's his name.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

If your only source of Ebola news was ATS then it is in fact falling.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

It's refreshing isn't it?

We live in a culture of fear. The MSM will run with anything that will get ratings and continue to spread while not covering the real important issues.

This is our world as we know it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So wait, we don't trust Fox news but we trust Fox news?

I'm skeptical.

It wouldn't be hard to convince anyone with some data and whatnot that the best thing to do right now is calm the population so we don't have panic. Honestly, I could be convinced. I'm worried about panic. i'm also worried the CDC is full of crap and doesn't have a handle on this. Am I overreacting? Probably. Should the CDC be overreacting? Definitely. We should all be overreacting because this crap is terrifying.

Only two medical workers that are isolated, not an outbreak? Fine, except I would imagine not everyone who's been afflicted all contracted the disease at the same time (in Africa) either. That's the f-ing problem. The fact that all these people WEREN'T actually quarantined and that the disease is obviously spreading is worrisome. Go ahead and fly, go grab some pizza, let me keep wearing this shirt...

When dealing with something like this you bet your ass I want people in charge of containment and treatment overreacting and crapping their pants.

Yeah, "We have two sick people from one dying man" that shouldn't have gotten sick. That travelled. That came into contact with countless people at work, at the grocery store, etc.

I would rather be worried and see the people in charge (and who is that exactly?) be worried than just keep pretending (as Boncho said, and I still love the quote though I have to paraphrase) the only way to contract the disease is by licking open wounds.

I don't want panic among the rank and file, but I want to see some panic in the government and the people that are tasked with protecting us.

Something has clearly changed since the first time Ebola was an issue. We used to hear about it and pretend it couldn't come to our shores. Well it has. So I AM worried.

Also I like you swills and this wasn't me ranting against you.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

What's he's reporting is nothing new, it's not ground breaking. What it is, a small window of truth while dispelling the fear, even if only for a short while.

No worries, we're still friends

edit on 16-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That guy has always been a tool, he'll do and say just about anything, nobody cares, really? Ebola has about 10 billion viri to hiv 10 million viri in the same amount of blood....so go ahead believe the story Obama and the media want you to think. Obama's hugging and kissing nurses like it maybe the same thing as AIDS and gets transmitted the same way, and only bigotry maybe why people are concerned and want to block travel....keep in mind 12 African countries have blocked/quarantined people from the outbreak area and 30 countries in total have done so in total...I guess those African dictators are racists too? Also, why would one send the troops to the hot zone unless you were knowingly going to infect at least one of them and they could incubate it and bring it back and infect others....the military then immediately said there were going to automatically quarantine the troops when they bring them back, so Obama signs up the (Inter)National Guard? So he can better control the outcome and show the military how wrong they are, Shep as usual doesn't have a clue to what maybe going on in the background.
edit on 17-10-2014 by bubbabuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fox News is a cesspool of trash entertainment and journalism, but Shepard Smith is a decent reporter and I actually respect him.

Wish I could watch the video....but it will have to wait till I get home.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I posted this on the other thread about this video, but on fox13 salt lake city's website they have a video of Shepherd Smith talking about Ebola and he says at 4:11 that the 2 texas healthcare workers have died?

link

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The flu doesn't kill 50-70% of those that get it, it doesn't compare at all, it maybe like saying brain cancer maybe the same as a benign tumor. Every year many people get the flu, the vast majority do not die from it, on the other hand perfectly healthy people catch Ebola and 2/3 of these not elderly or children drop dead in their prime. Another analogy it maybe like comparing the ballistics of a missile with another missile, only one might kill from conventional explosives tens of thousands whilst if that same missile were armed with a nuke not only would it slay as many as conventional bomb, but it would take out likely hundreds of thousands if not millions if dropped directly upon a major city. Just something to think about, yes people seem panicked, but in this case they have valid reasons to do so, the further this outbreak grows it has more destructive impact on life than just a standard flu, and so by the fact of it's size and new publicized incubation period of 42 days up from the original 21, the picture starts to get much clearer, that people in authority have not thought about EBOLA until it became a problem in the US, as a result they are ill prepared for handling the spread. But who knows now with ISIS, EBOLA and Ferguson now they can blame the collapse on something other than themselves. Which seems to me the motive for letting the virus into our borders, all they care about right now maybe the elections and how they can call Republicans names and make people hate them, so yes it's always someone elses fault something happens under this guys watch sadly, and as a result of his way of thinking, it puts people's lives at risk, and any mainstream journalist will paint anyone that points this out as hysterical or not "fact checked" to know what they are talking about. One last thing. This Friden guy, he was a major player for the whole Bloomberg soda ban BS, so there you go, apparently banning soda maybe more important than banning EBOLA stricken travelers from EBOLA stricken countries, good luck defending that little act of genius Schlep.

top topics

join