It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's son discharged from Navy after testing positive for cocaine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Not any bases I've been on. Although my perspective is from an enlisted point of view. I lived in barracks but the officers quality of living was much higher than mine. I've seen mansions for the top officers on some bases.

But for us enlisted and officers, it was constant drug tests and sometimes drug dogs sniffing barracks for the good stuff. I've never seen anyone get busted for drugs.

Your description more accurately describes prison.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

People get discharged for drug use in the military all the time.

My guess is he had one or several weekends and wound up pissing hot on
UA day.

Outstanding work there Biden Jr.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Not really.

The fact is most drugs found on base are brought in from outside of the base.

It's not prison. They can leave post..You hit the right bars and nightclubs and you can find just about anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Not any bases I've been on. Although my perspective is from an enlisted point of view. I lived in barracks but the officers quality of living was much higher than mine. I've seen mansions for the top officers on some bases.

But for us enlisted and officers, it was constant drug tests and sometimes drug dogs sniffing barracks for the good stuff. I've never seen anyone get busted for drugs.

Your description more accurately describes prison.

I was also enlisted our First Sargent would inform us when we were to be tested a month ahead of time so no one would get busted probably because my unit already led the base for drunk driving arrests. Down at Ft. Bliss it was nothing but one big party base. How did you go through the military and not see anyone get busted for drugs.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Just goes to show ya the US armed forces do not give 2nd chances for failing a drug test.

Yes they do it's treated that same as drunk driving most of the time you lose a rank and get some extra duty. If you are busted for possession then it's a different story because when you get out of lock up then you are kicked out.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Not anymore.

Most CGs have a standing policy of immediate discharge from the military...

I don't know how it is for other branches, but the army isn't playing that crap these days.

They are cutting budgets. We actually ran out of money to buy new parts for some of our helicopters.

If they can get rid of you these days, they will.

If you do something to make it easier to get rid of you
they will hop right on that.
edit on pThu, 16 Oct 2014 22:19:48 -0500201416America/Chicago2014-10-16T22:19:48-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Then I guess the USN has a higher standard. My last command was filled with nothing but 18+ year olds constantly getting busted for drunk driving or some dumb drunken incident. The amount of GMT's I had to endure because of these morons was astounding. That said, no one ever gave anyone a heads up in my experience and it felt like I was pissing into a cup while some dude watched every week.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Again, not my experience. Drunkards faced Captains Mast but drug related anything and you were gone.

Now that I recall, the USN was also downsizing during these years so if you gave them a reason they'd booted ya no problem. But that said, at the very least the USN tolerated no drug use whats so ever.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That could have been

Obama's son….

meh

# 302

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What's funny is, he must have just done coke and then had to piss in a cup. Coke is out of your system fairly quick. I wonder if he got hit on a Monday for testing right after a fun filled weekend, maybe Sunday night football?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yep.

I can't stand soldiers who bring their civilian BS with them. If you're in the military, be in the military. Otherwise don't join.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Guess the regular armed forces are for the simple folks. God forbid any of these creeps have their kids do a full serve in regular services. Even then they can't do what they are supposed to.

It could be that he served before in the regular service,but I doubt that. I heard only one congressman had a kid in the armed services.

Biden's other son also served. He did a tour in Iraq. Other congressmen with offspring in Iraq have included Joe Wison (R-SC) who has three sons who served in the military, Kit Bond (R-Missouri), Duncan Hunter (R-California), Todd Atkin (R-Missouri), and Tim Johnson (D-SD). McCain has 2 sons in the military, one an enlisted Marine, the other in Annapolis, Marilyn Musgrave (R-Colo), Ike Skelton (R-Missouri).

There may be more, and this is complicated by the fact that the average age of a senator is something like 63 and a representative not much less than that, therefore their children would be mid thirties at the very least, which is past most normal military service.

So what you "heard," which obviously colors your opinion, is WRONG.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As this happened way back in January, it looks like it was covered up but months later the cat is out of the bag.

I am sure his resume now lists him as a military veteran though, which will be brought out when he runs for political office a few years down the line, when they expect everyone will have long forgotten his coke habit and getting kicked out of the navy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join