It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #13: Good Guy Tony Abbott, Paul Ryan on Climate Change, and Fangate!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Great Job Joe but the hoard of right wing posters are coming, can you hear that in the distance?? Thats the sound of approaching NLBS!!

I didn't realize I had to be 'right-wing' to not believe the lie of man-made climate change. I guess I have to withdraw my support of gay marriage and abortion rights to better fit your labelling system.

I prefer to not take political sides, but support what I believe is right.
edit on 2014/10/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

the lack of tenability was exposed when you referred to the Dept. of Defense report in order too push the agenda...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's all NLBS, we, "the people", will never know what's really happening until we can commission our own, FULLY independent, (exclusionary of ALL funds - Corporate, Mafioso, or Political), brilliant team to do a study.

Here's the biggest problem "we" face, who would "we" choose to be our arbiters of scientific fact? Every single science operation that is worthy of it's data is paid for by someone who has an agenda, we're SCREWED, for now at least.

I don't believe any of them. I don't know a genuine thinking person who can set agendas aside who does, there's way too much NLBS to point at on BOTH sides. Funny how it reminds me of the political systems of the "free world".

I jest, it's not funny at all.

edit on 10-16-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
It's all NLBS, we, "the people", will never know what's really happening until we can commission our own, FULLY independent, (exclusionary of ALL funds - Corporate, Mafioso, or Political), brilliant team to do a study.

Here's the biggest problem "we" face, who would "we" choose to be our arbiters of scientific fact? Every single science operation that is worthy of it's data is paid for by someone who has an agenda, we're SCREWED, for now at least.

I don't believe any of them. I don't know a genuine thinking person who can set agendas aside who does, there's way too much NLBS to point at on BOTH sides. Funny how it reminds me of the political systems of the "free world".

Well said.

Money + agenda = NLBS (in most cases) Science, politics, media, sports, you name it!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We are all indoctrinated are we not?

Armadillos were rare when I grew up in Missouri, today not so rare, the climate is indeed changing and I have seen it in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This video below illustrates what a gonk abbot is.
Thx for drawing attention to this idiots antics. I call him Prime minister Voldermort.

edit on 16-10-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Zazz, it's good (no, it's GREAT) to see someone who I KNOW has a BRAIN acknowledge the fact that all these Cretins are, well, Cretins.

The USA, GB, and the rest of Western Europe surely created the model but the virus has spread like VD through a Sailor's port. Sadly...

In any case, we will overcome them all with logic that spreads to the masses like said virus, or, we will continue on like we have since WWII...

Until there's nothing left to eat that is.

edit on 10-16-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

As we said in the video, a BS smorgasbord.

I wish we had found that before the show!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Metallicus

We are all indoctrinated are we not?

Armadillos were rare when I grew up in Missouri, today not so rare, the climate is indeed changing and I have seen it in my lifetime.

I don't question the change I question the cause.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

edit on 17-10-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Sorry I am not very good at picking up on net based sarcasm but why is Abbott a Good Guy even to those who think he seriously still is!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Next Level used to be watchable, now i cant understand, is this guy trying to be funny or sarcastic? or is it a hate and critique show? Or a show about regurgitated news?
edit on 17-10-2014 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Tony Abbot's approach to climate related concerns is troubling, but it is not just the fact that his policy and understanding of climate science leaves something to be desired, which causes people like me to scratch their heads in wonder and bafflement.

Australia has some significant advantages over other locations on the planet, where research into the various ways solar energy can be harvested and used, is concerned. It gets a hell of a lot of sunshine, and it has vast, uninhabitable tracts of what amounts to desert. This in mind, it would be a perfect place to test bed certain methods of producing power from the sun.

So Mr Abbot is allowing his personal relationships with the coal companies, to cloud his judgement here, because if he was thinking logically, he would know that his is one of the few countries which could really benefit from the various solar technologies which are being developed at the moment. You see, the reason to go solar has near to nothing to do with the climate, and everything to do with how ones resources are managed, and where they come from. Yes, he could mine his own coal, but how much oil does his country use? How much petroleum derivative does his nation get through?

It's an awful lot. If he was thinking logically, he would want solar power plants, want solar panels on properties, want people using solar powered cars, because by doing so, he would be crushing the power of big oil, and their shady backers, and that would reserve more money to be spent in his own country, on things that the people really need!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's all cocknballs. All political parties have agendas and those agendas are rarely beneficial to everyone as a whole.
In the name of industry, economy and short term employment Abbott has got the ball rolling.
The building industry has gone absolutely ballistic. Reserve interest rates are one the rise. Big business is booming.

The climate change turmoil has thrown the world into a swarm of proxy resource wars because the world's economy went stagnate with the GFC. The world is crap up the wall from a cornered cat.

The Labour government under Gillard and Rudd tried the play the Ace in regards to climate change with the carbon tax but it did not come to fruition. What else to do?
Repeal the bill. Kick start the economy by going back to what we know and play another angle.
If the shoe fits, wear it.

The world is not ready to adapt to renewable energy. How do I know?
We are gong backwards. War, economy, social upheaval.
Too many people have too many opinions and too many ways of voicing them. To many people think they're uberlearn-ed intergoogle knowitalls.

Just step back, take a deep breath and say nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Our own GWB !

zazz - you cracked me up with the "gonk" ref.

Remember this one !?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Dear LDragon,

I thought that this would be a dead end discussion of the comparative qualities of various studies. I think we can avoid that.

You should know, however, that you are suffering from obvious Bulverism. Click the link in my signature for a more detailed discussion, but simply, it's rejecting any statement from a source, because of the source, without knowing or caring what the statement actually is. Bulverism can be a serious logical illness, fight against it.

(I shouldn't have to explain this, but I will. Bulverism is C.S. Lewis' name for a particular logical error, LDragon is committing that error. "Logical illness" is a way of describing a breakdown of a logic. I am not attacking a poster, or alleging a mental illness, I'm am criticizing a logical error. OK?)

Thankfully, Springer has stepped into the fray with the comment:

Every single science operation that is worthy of it's data is paid for by someone who has an agenda, we're SCREWED, for now at least.

If we were to accept that as his real belief, he'd be saying that there is really no believable position on either side of the discussion. Of course, that raises the question of why the world is spending a billion dollars a day on global warming (which may or not be proven, according to Springer).

I suppose in the interest of accuracy, I should correct myself. The number is closer to 984 million dollars a day.

LDragon, I'm a little disappointed by your leading off your remarks with ad hominem arguments directed at me. But I don't suppose I can get too upset. There is a lot of name calling and personal attacks in this thread and in the video, even from sources I wouldn't expect.

I have to agree with muSSang:

Next Level used to be watchable, now i cant understand, is this guy trying to be funny or sarcastic? or is it a hate and critique show? Or a show about regurgitated news?

Given those choices, I'd pick hate and critique. There are far more insults, name calling, non-substantive contributions, and self-contradictions, here than in most other ATS threads. I think I understand why, but that's probably because I've seen so many conspiracy theories here.

With respect,
Charles1952

edit on 17-10-2014 by charles1952 because: Paragraph break

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Tony Abbott, my and my fellow Australian's Prime Minister, is an international embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hi Joe.

If 'What's his bucket-mister Costelli' wants to draw attention to coal as a viable resource...

Coal should be used to filter water, not to boil it? Like with most every other thing- use in moderation. Resources are here for intended purposes, an intended purpose. Heating the Earth is the right intention? 'Political Scientists' have all the answers huh? ...failing track records, imo.

Carbon filtering is a method of filtering that uses a bed of activated carbon to remove contaminants and impurities, using chemical absorption.

Ryan doesn't deserve mention...

...and last I heard, fans can be found amongst other household 'appliances'.

edit on (10/17/1414 by loveguy because: omit a word

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We should stop arguing about climate change and just accept the fact that pollution IS BAD.
I mean, if climate change is our fault or not, what will it really change? We will have someone to blame?

No, we need to focus on limiting pollution NO MATTER if it affects global warming or not. We need to work on what we agree on and stop wasting time on what we disagree on.

This talk about global warming is dividing us. Together we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Dear theMediator,

That is an excellent point and one which I honestly endorse with only two questions.

1.) What is pollution? Water vapor is the most prominent green house gas, and even SkepticalScience says that, whatever the warming is from CO2, water vapor doubles it.

Studies show that water vapor feedback roughly doubles the amount of warming caused by CO2. So if there is a 1°C change caused by CO2, the water vapor will cause the temperature to go up another 1°C.

www.skepticalscience.com...

And cow farts are a large source of Methane. What about noise pollution? I understand some people will be upset if the government tells them they can't have their car's sound system turned to max when they're driving through the city.

2.) Since we can't agree on global (whatever it's called this year), can we divert most of that money to fighting pollution instead of global * ? It would have to be a world-wide effort, if the US and a few other countries are the only ones involved it wouldn't solve it. Or are the taxpayers going to have reach deeper into their pockets to find more and more billions.

With those questions answered, I'm with you.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join