It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Ebola patient Amber Joy Vinson may have had symptoms as early as Friday Oct 10;passengers on fir

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: violet

What makes you say the bridal shop owner is a liar?

When I saw her on CNN, she seemed quite reasonable, intelligent, and calm. I'm just curious. Maybe you saw or read something I didn't see?

I just pick up on liars. However it's true, she's not been entirely honest with calling the health dept herself. They said they called her. I'm just thinking she cares more about her bridal shop than telling the truth about a very serious pathogen.
edit on 16-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

That and loving to death her boyfriend, her boyfriend will be "feeling it soon too" she really have not idea the extent of her littler escape back home, but she is learning now if her symptoms are severe.

She will be feeling the results alright.

Beside that I truly hope she recuperates from ebola, that is a sickness that nobody should have to experience.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That and loving to death her boyfriend, her boyfriend will be "feeling it soon too" she really have not idea the extent of her littler escape back home, but she is learning now if her symptoms are severe.

She will be feeling the results alright.

Beside that I truly hope she recuperates from ebola, that is a sickness that nobody should have to experience.

Hope both her and nurse Pham pull through. I don't think this one Amber will though because she should have sought treatment sooner to increase her chances of survival.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That's what i was worried about on earlier news of her calling the CDC but they said she can fly. Come on, suspects of having Ebola, has a fever, yet is told she can fly? She apparently knew better being there first hand but still flew. Enough to say now, she's incompetent as much as the CDC. Hope those poor people on the plane with her and who come in contact with her will be okay. For now they have to live in fear, quarantine themselves or be so, eight people are in quarantine in Ohio. Let alone her bf having symptoms now. That's just the people who were aware of being near her! How about many who do not? Mental and physical anguish and possible death for those infected. /rant off

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Admittedly completely unfounded but, what if she /knew/ she was sick so she thought she could get home and say goodbye and sneak back BEFORE she would start shedding virus or before ANY one found out she was gone.....? I agree with a lot of folks, job: LOST charges: DEFINITELY and for Pete's sake stop calling her a damned HERO.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Jaxsmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Completely and utterly irresponsible of that nurse imo.

If she felt ANY symptoms, any at all.. even a tiny fever and a touch of fatigue, she should have isolated herself. This isn't the flu. This isn't even H1N1. It's a terrible disease with a 50 to 70% mortality rate. She was just treating someone with Ebola for crying out loud! A fellow nurse was infected! How brainless or thoughtless do you have to be to possibly expose others. And she did. Now who knows who many people on two flights must be hunted down.. everyone she came in contact with.. so many people.

Boggles my mind how anyone can defend her actions. She probably more than most people knew exactly what was at stake, but ignored that for own agenda. I hope she recovers.. but I don't think anyone should defend her actions. I'm not defending CDC either.. or the hospital. All have acted terribly irresponsibly. ONE CASE... just one.. and "stopping it in its tracks" means two nurses infected, and who knows how many hundred more exposed. Brilliant...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yes just one case and they said America can handle it.
All the way through this was handled wrong.
How anyone can have such a cavalier attitude to this virus boggles my mind, when you consider this utter incompetence at handling just one case. In three weeks from now I can't imagine the mess there will be, all being traced back to Dallas or the seamstresses pins left in the bridal shop. I'm guessing nobody has thought to dispose of them.

You're right, nobody should defend this woman. Not at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wkyc news in Cleveland reporting that vinson's mother is the senior assistant to the president of Kent State University www.wkyc.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: partyinthepark
Wkyc news in Cleveland reporting that vinson's mother is the senior assistant to the president of Kent State University www.wkyc.com...

I read someplace she has three relatives working there.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a friend is talking and needs to slow down so I can type

He said that the breaking news from
KDFW channel 4 in dalls just gave some F'd up news..

Two DART employees (Dallas area rapid transit - bus system) were on the flight to Cleveland with the second nurse..

One is a bus driver and dart will not release the other one

The bus drivers bus has been taken out for decom

So how many people with secondary exposure..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
no disrespect to senior nurses, but most nurses I have met, I am not surprised to see one catching a cold or getting sick take a public source of transportation to focus on their wedding...

Most nurses I meet in their 20's are pretty much brain dead and are desensitized...

again the right or wrong question is at stake...

As long as there is a excuse for being wrong people will continue to do it...

I blame parents for not teaching the fundamentals..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join