It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweet about Ferguson police brutality and a cop may call your boss to get you fired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A St. Louis cop is under investigation for intimidation after he was caught on video admitting to calling a protestor's employer saying her tweets were "incitement"

Well now we have to worry about them calling our jobs if they don't like what we have to say? I hope the employer told the cop to go eff himself.

I would have told the cop not only is she not in any trouble but I am going to give her a raise, and I will tell her to tweet a big "thank you" to you for it.

St. Louis police office is facing an Internal Affairs investigation for intimidation after he admitted on video that he had contacted an activist’s employer because some of her tweets about police brutality were considered “incitement.”

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Thursday that the Internal Affair probe had been launched after Leigh Maibes, who participated in the Ferguson protests, had posted a YouTube video of a telephone conversation with Officer Keith Novara.

link
edit on 16-10-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Not breaking the law? Activating your right to demonstrate and your right to free speech? Okay, we'll see what your boss got to say about this.

If I was the employer, I would certainly ask what laws have been broken, if I was then informed that no laws were broken, I would report the officer to his boss for wasting my time.

Things get more ridiculous by the day.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They will be calling your Mommy next to have her send you to bed with no supper.

Bunch of GD babies the cops are becoming

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wonder if that cop needs some french crys to go with his whaaburger.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

LEO's game the system to their full advantage, abuse authority in every way possible, mock victims and finally laugh about it on their facebook sites like "police blotter". I was ruining the doughnut party 24/7 until they prevented me from commenting.

words hurt egos --against the rules.

I can still view their rubbish in my FB feed though. Ironically they are laughing about this:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I missed the part where she got fired.

I have seen several of the rioters live video streaming themselves getting into the faces of cops and demanding their names so they can dox them. One named bassem threatened to "get their social secirity numbers, find out their home address, find where their spouse works and where their kids go to school."

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

She handled that well I think with cool emotion and quick thinking. He clearly got himself cornered a couple of times when he admitted it's her choice to believe what she wants regarding police brutality where my response would be "then why are you calling my boss?" She missed that one though but got him at the end when he didn't want to engage in the conversation anymore.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is just another instance of a cop overstepping their bounds, and doing something they have no right to do. Basically they are abusing their position of power, which is the main problem with the police. Instead of acting like they are supposed to, like they are trained to, they disregard the fact that they cannot take it upon themselves to do whatever they want. So many cops should never have been allowed to enter the profession, much less given a firearm, and if there were a massive effort to do psychological evaluations in any meaningful capacity then I wonder what percentage of police officers would be found unfit for duty.

top topics

join