It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Great White Shark Caught in Russian Far East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The title says it all, ATS. Another Shark/ deep sea animal has surfaced only this one was caught. Apparently, this one-ton Great White Shark got caught in some fisherman's nets 300 meters from the shore. It doesn't explicitly say in the article that the Shark attacked but I'll bet he was scoping them out when he was caught.

Fisherman in Eastern Russia recently landed a massive great white shark, and a video of the one ton apex predator being dragged from the surf has made its way to YouTube.

The great white was caught off Cape Crillon, at the southern tip of the island of Sakhalin, according to Shark Attack News. Fishermen found the massive shark tangled in their nets, approximately 300 meters from the beach. The great white was brought to shore, where heavy equipment was utilized to pull the shark out of the surf. Measuring 5 meters in length, the animal was a mature adult, as Shark Year Magazine notes.

This isn't the only instance of deep sea creatures preying on people in recent times. In fact, I just made a seperate thread the other day on this same issue except in that case, it was 2 Jumbo Squid that attacked. Find that thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is marine life striking back at humans? I'll leave that for ATS to decide.....(insert Creepy music)....

www.inquisitr.com...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Oh look we've caught a shark, let's drag it to land and kill it"

Someone shoot me now,because my faith in humanity is disappearing so fast lately.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Fallout from the Earth-Alien war in the South Pacific has greatly offended Jason Momoa, the new king of Atlantis. He and his army of mermen and deep sea terrors will soon crush the surface world.

All hope is lost.....we need the Justice League.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
This is the vid sharkyear has on their website

sharkyear.com...

edit on 16/10/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What's the big deal about this? It doesn't actually seem that big for a great white.... it got caught in a net and apparently didn't attack anyone...

Maybe i'll do a thread on a medium sized horse shoe crab I saw once..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yep, they have had enough of us.

This sea lion showed that guy he had had enough. LOLSea Lion Tosses Man

Saw it on the news, just this morning.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That's not a massive great white. 18 feet is a big one but they get bigger than that often enough. One tone isn't that huge either. Females can get up to 3000lbs.

Why'd the jerks have to kill it though. It's just a fish trying to go about it's life sans humans ruining everything.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood
Pfftt Justice league.
They have the wonder twins for pete's sake. What is a dang bucket of water going to do against mermen?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey, isn't the bare-chested guy who caught that Great White shark with his bare hands, Vladimir Putin?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Okay, some perspective. You have something that big with teeth like that caught in the net in the water and you're just a fisherman with who knows what ... maybe a knife ... are YOU volunteering to go try to cut it free?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
"Oh look we've caught a shark, let's drag it to land and kill it"

Someone shoot me now,because my faith in humanity is disappearing so fast lately.

Ummm...what are you assuming they did with it, cut off its fin, cut out its jaw and then throw it in a landfill? I'm sure the meat of that fish went to good use. If not, I can understand your issue, but do you have any evidence as to what they did with the shark that was wasteful?

You have zero evidence that he shark wasn't dead upon discovery of it being trapped in the fishing net (at least none that I can find...can you?), and according to one source: " It is unknown what happen to the carcass."

So, you may want to rethink your reasoning behind your disappearing faith in humanity, as this assumption of yours seems to be based on nothing but ideology and lack of having the full facts (also known as "ignorance").

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Upsetting thread...

For reasons most everyone already nailed.

The 'Massive' 3 meter 1 ton great white isn't overly exciting - big - but not overly unique.

Why he was 300 feet off shore is another question - and one that relates to your question of 'Marine life striking back' - but I don't take this as evidence in this case. Latest 'minor revision' of shark week this year, there was a lot of data on how close some of these animals do actually get to shore on a regular, and this is the time of year.

My bet? He was doing some 'fishing' of his own and just got caught in the nets. Why they had to drag him up onto shore, and not just cut him lose - is the infuriating part.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think this type of wilful and gleeful celebration of the killing of a majestic apex predator is very, very sad.

Sharks suffer enough by the revolting trade in shark fins by the fishing industry in the Far East, to feed the appetites of a voracious and environmentally ignorant China.

Regards

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A Russian catches a shark and it's a conspiracy that sea life is fighting back it's distance is highly unusual?

This surfer says those bastards have been that distance my whole life

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They do, but Great White fin isn't the kind used.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Me as well...

Why do humans always have to kill things? Can't we just marvel at the beauty of something rather than killing it for research or whatever the motivations are?

I've been really disappointed thy my application to MarsOne wasn't accepted, I'm ready to blast off this planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mrs.Peony

Also, if these fishermen weren't wealthy, their net represents a substantial investment and their livelihood. A shark that size can do massive damage to it, and by asking them to cut it, you're asking them to potentially sacrifice money they may not have.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Doesn't look very big, just average.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great Whites tend to be big around the coast where I live. I believe a local fisherman caught one of the largest - over 23 feet. So that pic's shark isn't "massive" at all.
Every time I plan a dive I have to come across an article like this. Gives me the creeps every time. Like when I plan a trip and I hear of a plane crash in the news.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not asking anyone to sacrifice anything, I was making a statement about human behavior.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join