It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things That Changed in Your Life in 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I haven't been on or at least active in posting and commenting here in ATS for awhile now due to a lot, a whole series of events that have been drastically changing in my life this year starting in Aug. 2014. As some of you know I broke my leg, because I broke my leg I couldn't weld anymore (go to work) I busted my right fibula at my ankle and couldn't even drive. Cause and Effect no work no bills got paid, had to split up with my GF because I could'nt live in PA anymore and then had to relocate to VT leaving behind almost all of my family and all of my friends, and my job. I came here to be with my dad otherwise I would've been homeless again. Besides obvious things like change in location I am now learning my dads business which is in the food and services, meeting new groups of friends, and re adjusting to my leg healing I am finally mobile again. For me this is still an uncomfortable situation as I am not used to people trying to take care of me I am not sure yet if this is all good or bad for me but I am here and things have changed drastically. I am curious if any other members have been going through changes like this or other ones this year and what are your thoughts and reactions to them?

B-Man

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Welcome back Bro.

Good to see that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and if you don't mind the pun also good to see you back on your feet again

Nothing much has changed for me over the year 2014 but just wanted to welcome you back.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Hey thanks Rodi, I can assure you that I have been here lurking in the shadows checking up on things while I was "grounded" and couldn't get around just not so active. =D you come into VT in the states the establishment I'm learning about running has a great selection of wines and Jack Daniels you should swing by!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
2014 has been a life changing year.

I was offered a very lucrative position that would culminate in working as a branch manager for a industrial/technical firm.

I would have been in charge of a branch running 200-300 people.

I quit and liquidated my belongings to settle all of my personal debt.

I will take what's left and start a business of my own.

I came to the realization that I'll never be happy as an employee.
I'm a good employee. I've made a lot of other people a lot of money.
It's not who I am.

Time to put that much hard work and effort into myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Good to see your smiling face and healing vibes are on the way.

2014 has been a banner year...but not without lots of networking and hard work.

New Production co. LLC start up and signing up some A list talent.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Welcome back! You've had a rough year, I hope it only gets better for you from now on!

The one thing that changed my life this year was experiencing the 6.0 South Napa Earthquake. I live in downtown Napa and the ground is sediment, needless to say it felt way bigger than a 6.0. We lost a lot of our stuff and a few antiques that had special memories attached. What the quake made me realize is that that stuff isn't as important as I thought it was, it's all replaceable. What's not replaceable, my family, pets and friends. All my loved ones safely rode out the quake, a few bumps, busies, scrapes and some serious whiplash was the extent of the injuries.

While I'm not glad the earthquake occurred, I'm thankful for the very important life lesson that came out of the experience.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi Brotherman,

Hope you get well soon. I know what it's like to sink into a debt trap.

My story, I found a job in Norway back in 2011. It ended this May when all the project work was complete, and they wanted the most "senior" programmers to move into management.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
FNB work: you will either love it or hate it.

I love it, myself. I got into FNB side of hospitality a couple of years ago. It all boils down to 2 things: cost of goods, and cost of labor. You make and lost money on those two things alone.

Good luck. While it may just be to tide you over during recovery....learn what you can. Experience is always worth money.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Let's see... what's been heavy this year. I've been through two relationships. One turned out to be married and have three kids...a drug addict on top of it. She's in prison now.
The other turned out to be a schizophrenic drug addict who was slinging ass on the side for extra money.
I quit my job because it was miserable.
Shortly thereafter I made a boo-boo and broke my shoulder. It's just about healed.
It all sounds like it should be a hard time, but I'm in good spirits. I'm not complaining.
As far as changing my life goes, I would say events of this year have mainly served to strengthen my patience and sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
One turned out to be married and have three kids...a drug addict on top of it. She's in prison now.
The other turned out to be a schizophrenic drug addict who was slinging ass on the side for extra money.
I quit my job because it was miserable.

Holy crap.
I told you not to date the girls from lowermystandards.com

I can empathise. I tend to attract the crazies myself.
Glad you are taking it all in stride.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Some good things to read from you all. Long may it continue.

I realised I am heavily addicted to drugs and now with help and realisation am stopping, getting my financial situation sorted out and moving on in life with a new prospect career in the midst.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies so far, I will be back later on tonight to individually comment on some things I have read. Chiefly though it feels good to know others are diverse in their experiences this year that are changing them as people and I don't feel so "alone" in changing things this year myself. You guys on ATS are great!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
hmm...

Well the GF made me go to church...

So my Sundays have started to suck this year...

That's about it...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, this year has mostly been the year of things that were almost going to happen for us ...

We have been almost going to replace one of our cars since May. As a result, I am still driving my car with a nearly busted clutch that shifts like it's going to fall apart and refuses to go in reverse since ... April. My husband has been working with a boss that has almost going to downsize his department right out from under him since February, but that at least has resolved with the hiring of someone else who actually understands what my husband does and sees him as a very valuable asset. We've been almost going to lose our house since a disastrous run of luck late last year put us two payments behind (hefty car repair, kid broke his collar bone, and cat got major sick all within five weeks of each other), but we got the thing refinanced instead ... after six months of it hanging over our heads. I was almost going to go full-time at work, so I switched from my two weeks on full-time hours, two weeks off position to one that is half days every day because they "envisioned" it going full-time eventually. Long story short ... here I am still about to go full-time ...

On the sad side, my grandfather passed away almost two weeks ago from a brain tumor. He was 93 and a WWII vet of the Pacific theater. My last grandparent.

On the up side, we finally cracked the potty code with our son after fighting him for about 6 months! He isn't quite ready for full prime time, but he's really making serious progress.
Our diapers days are ... almost ... done.
edit on 16-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey guys sorry it took me awhile to return to the thread. I truly hope those with drug addiction and those off in a bad way can turn things into a positive outcome. I just found out my lady and I are going to have a baby! This year has been throwing all kinds of things my way. I turned 29 on Halloween and got the news a few days later shes about a month along. I'm stoked to be a father! I've never been one before.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've been watching my nieces near full time for the past few months which has been a very interesting view into the world of child rearing.

I've also began dreaming much more vividly this year. Had some dreams that stuck with me in the past year that have made me think a lot about my existence as a whole which has been very enlightening.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

This year I've been going through more changes then any other riveld of course by 2003 when I became a Marine. I hope I learn to be a better more responsible man in the near future.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
2014 was the year where my career was made.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is the year I've been waiting for....MY SHIP CAME IN!!!

but I was waiting down at the Bus station....

all joking aside....Livin the Dream!
edit on 5-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That statement makes me want to know more, I am sure it will be a personal thing but the way you stated it so simply makes me think you have finally become a superstar and will recount the tale in your best selling memoir "My Big fat furry story"

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join