It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sears Selling Swastika Ring's

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
I'm sure what the Nazi's did was take the good intonations of the original swastika and inverted it to mean the opposite. Kind of like how people will take the Christian cross and invert it to mean the opposite.

It's not inverted.

The swastika is represented countless times, throughout history, in both directions. Many times, in both directions on the same piece.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It may represent things way in the past but most will identify it as a Nazi thing, in poor taste or poorly thought out is about all. My mother works for Target and she noticed a candy on the shelves that apeared to represent hypodermic syringes??..she pulled that sh^t off the shelf immediatly and brought it to the attention of managment, just what you want..children identifying candy with a syringe..wtf was someone thinking.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've read about nostalgia for ww2 nazi memorabilia
selling knockoffs at sears is really surprising especially after the logo got majorly slammed in ww2
but yes it was an ancient symbol and had nothing to do with nazism

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

SEARS selling such an item even by a third party is still controversial and not expecting any sort of backlash is ignorance on their part. *Whether justified or not* Just another nail in their nearly prepared coffin. I wasn't sure if they were still in business, all locations I know of were already closed.

they are closing a lot of stores, it was on the local news this morning

I think it was their old catalog business that really put them on top years ago, today they pretty much are into home repairs and appliances

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join