It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

points - the problem of my drunken mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What is bothering me lately is the angry voices about the points - "you made this thread to get the points"," I have to spend more points"... Blah, blah, blah
I think I had enough by now, so I want to share some thoughts with you (no matter the consequences
)
What is the reason you came here ??? points???
Or possibility to talk about things you cannot talk with your friends/family/loved ones ???
Interesting topics maybe???
I see that points are becoming as much valuable here as money in the real world...
Or maybe I'm missing something

[edit on 8-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I dunno what the big deal about points are either, I am new here but I come here because unlike my friends , families, classmates I don't get a wierd look or anything when I say something that is "out of the box" or irrational thinking. Its accepted here its almost normal to be abnormal here
thats what I like about ATS its a bunch of people who run in the same problems.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The more you post, the longer you've been here, the less important the points become.

I know a lot of posters feel they need to reach a goal to buy things, like RATS, but one you get past that, the points are less important.

Being here is what is important. In fact, leaving here gets hard sometimes. Gotta read one more topic, gotta post once more reply, gotta see who answeres my reply, etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Points are silly. The color of your points bar, now there's something!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Yea I still haven�t figured out how to turn it red or orange for that matter how many points does it cost to get a red one

[edit on 8/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I don't have very many points compared my of posters on this thread , but points aren't that important to me either.

WHAT DID I JUST GET 15 BIG POINTS FOR THIS POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YIP-YIP-YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[edit on 12/9/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I honestly believe that if it were possible to purchase ATS points on Ebay, some users would happily bid.

Points are for rich people

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
LOl. I have no idea what these points are for or how they work, they dont interest me at all. On another site im a member of, theres a similar phenomena. A members post count is displayed and folk post a load of bull just to raise their post count, one word replys or silly jokes an the like. Start threads nothing to do with anything on any forum for the same reason. There is also a box on the home page listing the top ten posters (by count of post made) This just encourages the younger members to race each other to position. I dont see the point and it ruins many a good thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I remember I started a thread once and it turned pretty heated. I can't remember who it was, but he stated that I probably posted this thread for the points. I just had to laugh and shake my head. Everytime I get to about fivehundred points I seem to do a drunken post that gets me a warning and drops 250....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Oh piffle...I was afraid you were going to say that. My point bar broke and I guess it can't be fixed!!!

jazzgul,

Very good points...
I think if people would just join in intelligent discussions and try to bring something to the table, they would be amazed at how quickly their points go up....if that's important to them.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think your bar had to be turned off because it was running halfway across the page and ruining your post.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
WHAT DID I JUST GET 15 BIG POINTS FOR THIS POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YIP-YIP-YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[edit on 12/9/2004 by bodebliss]

NOPE.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I honestly believe that if it were possible to purchase ATS points on Ebay, some users would happily bid.

Points are for rich people

I posted this very thing in the other thread about points a few days ago..

I'm going to sell my ATS points on Ebay !!

Wonder how much I'll get.

personally I take some pride in the fact that ..... I have 80k points, and only 3400 or so posts.... while there are others who have 4-5k posts and under 50k points, I know that some of the points could have been spent, adding titles, changing backgrounds, colors etc....

It shows that good quality posts do pay off and I'm proud of that.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm not concerned w/ the points either. I see so many that are.

Most of the time, what I have to bring has already been brought; And I hate seeing repetitive statements.

I just enjoy reading, most of the time. There's so much to read and the members who actually research what they're discussing have a good 'debate' in some of the threads.

Most annoying thing: People that start a thread about something ignorant and get a ton of replies. If I could do that - be shameless - I would have a million points just using other people as a reference.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

personally I take some pride in the fact that ..... I have 80k points, and only 3400 or so posts.... while there are others who have 4-5k posts and under 50k points, I know that some of the points could have been spent, adding titles, changing backgrounds, colors etc....

Indeed, I'm at 1200 posts, with 80k+ points

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How do you see how many post you've made anyway please?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
How do you see how many post you've made anyway please?

place your mouse/pointer over the little gray bar below your points...

leave it there, your post total will pop up.....

or go to your control panel... they're listed there too

[edit on 9-12-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

You should be.

Members should aspire to this.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I happen to like the point system here, where you get a little reward for participating & even more for contributing. Other sites always make a big deal about how many post you make & thus those who make the most post are sometimes the smallest contributors.

While there is no way under the current system to sell ATS points on Ebay as some members have suggested, you could create a username and rack up points & then sell that username along with the points on Ebay. Then you would just give the winner the name & password for his bid. Instant RATS access anyone? Of couse I'm sure this would be against the rules here, so you'd have to keep the name a secret.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I nominate elevatedone for 1 million ATS points for the Steelers logo!

Keep in mind elevatedone is in Ohio, home of the Browns and Bengals...a dangerous place for a Steelers fan.

I'm a hometown Pittsburgher...GO STEELERS!!

Mods may delete any points I accrued posting this rabble.

Can I cash in points towards beer?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join