It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror the new '"It Thing"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I wonder how many saw 2014's Starry Eyes, Late Phases, Housebound, The Babadook, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, The Canal, Life After Beth, Wyrmwood, The Town That Dreaded Sundown,...

All but Late Phases & Starry eyes I've seen on that list.
Did you see Coherence?

edit on 14/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

it reminded me of another film which I cannot place, but the final scene was of two people being ingested in what they thought was a tunnel ?

you know the one ?

funbox

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Yep. I loved Coherence. You seen +1 aka Plus One? Not as good as coherence but it's pretty good. Also check out The One I Love.

Some other horror from 2014 I didn't list in my other post is a Belgium movie 'Cub' and the movie Summer of Blood. Not sure how I'd rank Starry Eyes, Late Phases, Cub, and Summer of Blood. I quite liked them all. Personally favoring Starry Eyes and Late Phases just a bit more.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yep. I loved Coherence. You seen +1 aka Plus One? Not as good as coherence but it's pretty good. Also check out The One I Love.

Some other horror from 2014 I didn't list in my other post is a Belgium movie 'Cub' and the movie Summer of Blood. Not sure how I'd rank Starry Eyes, Late Phases, Cub, and Summer of Blood. I quite liked them all. Personally favoring Starry Eyes and Late Phases just a bit more.

I haven't seen +1.... I remember hearing it was a poor man's Triangle? Hmmmm I may check it out.
I loved Triangle and also LOVED Los cronoscrimenes (Time Crimes).

Haven't seen Cub yet, waiting for a decent copy with subs to surface.

I think the rubber reality, head**** movies are some of my favs....

edit on 15/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

So I watched +1 and it wasn't bad.... not great and definitely not up to the standard of some of the others listed but I'd certainly rather watch a film like that than some of the crap that is churned out.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

it reminded me of another film which I cannot place, but the final scene was of two people being ingested in what they thought was a tunnel ?

you know the one ?

funbox

Dunno... The Tunnel maybe?

I don't think I've seen it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

after some recollection and searching ...see trailer

funbox
edit on 16-3-2015 by funbox because: w

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I haven't seen +1.... I remember hearing it was a poor man's Triangle?

Hmmm... Not how I would describe it...

Triangle is the superior film of the two, and there are some similarities *shrug*

Time Crimes I have downloaded. Seems to make it on people's favorites lists. Currently watching a bunch of other "foreign" horror films first.

Haven't seen Cub yet, waiting for a decent copy with subs to surface.

I downloaded and watched one a few days ago. Solid video and audio. Subs from what I could gather were good.

So I watched +1 and it wasn't bad.... not great and definitely not up to the standard of some of the others listed but I'd certainly rather watch a film like that than some of the crap that is churned out.

Ahhh. Excellent
Yep I just found it entertaining, not that I thought it was stellar. I recommended it had some similarities to Coherence.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Never heard the "Rubber Reality" phrase before. Looked it up on IMDB lists and I've seen and liked most of the movies listed lol So I guess I like that style of film a lot too. I'm sure I could recommend a ton if I thought about it.

This was a list I saw. Seen all of these films: Link
edit on 16-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Ahh cool I just downloaded that film
Will watch it soon enough.

Also if you have the stomach for French Extreme horror than watch Borderland [2007] IMDB

On that note:

I've seen lots of French horror. Like Martyrs, Switchblade Romance, Inside, Trouble Every Day, Frontier(s), Livide, Them.

Most of those are rather brutal.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Never heard the "Rubber Reality" phrase before. Looked it up on IMDB lists and I've seen and liked most of the movies listed lol So I guess I like that style of film a lot too. I'm sure I could recommend a ton if I thought about it.

This was a list I saw. Seen all of these films: Link

I like the phrase Rubber Reality, can't remember when I first heard it but it's a good catch all term for these kinds of films.
Yeah seen all on that list too... there are lots and lots of these kinds of films, some much better than others.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

word of warning , if you're into caving or potholing or religion , or some odd combination of the threee ,... give it a miss

funbox

edit on 17-3-2015 by funbox because: albino wolves turn the light on

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm far from religious and I don't have any off limit topics to movies except for infidelity really. If that's a central theme I mean. Thanks for the heads up though

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Just watched The I Inside last night. Should qualify. Seen it? Have you seen Stay [2005]or Franklyn[2008]?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Just watched The I Inside last night. Should qualify. Seen it? Have you seen Stay [2005]or Franklyn[2008]?

Yeah have the I inside on DVD... it's fairly average but worth a watch.
Have Stay too... not seen Franklyn, will check it out.

In my little "rubber reality" collection of DVDs I have (in the order they're stacked on my shelf)

Lost Highway
Eyes Wide Shut
Identity
Moon
Jacobs Ladder
TimeCrimes
The Jacket
Stay
Donnie Darko
Tideland
The Fountain
Never Let Me Go
Pi
The Truman Show
The Nines
Mulholland Drive
12 Monkeys
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
American Psycho
Triangle
I Heart Huckabees
Bug
Being John Malkovic
Shutter Island
The Cell
Inception
The Machinist
Carnival of Souls (the 1962 movie, not the "remake" that was done.)
Black Swan
Impostor
Cypher
Dark City
The Thirteenth Floor
Open Your Eyes

Plus I have all of the other one's we've chatted about coherence, the canal, etc ...and also one's like Oculus, As above, so below, The Signal, The Congress, Banshee Chapter.... etc etc on a Hard Drive that's hooked up to my TV.

I don't buy dvd's or Blurays any more.

I'm always on the look out for new "weird" alternate/rubber reality movies so lemme know if you hear of any more and I'll do the same.

edit on 18/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

hmmmm could be tricky ,its been a while but im sure the priest , near the end was having doubts about his commitment to God

dancing on a knife-edge with this one

funbox

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You might have misread my post. That stuff won't bother me. I'm actually an antitheist as well.

I have seen every movie on your list except Lost Highway [strange since I have seen other David Lynch movies], Time Crimes as I mentioned, Carnival of Souls, and Imposter [I don't think...].

Do you mean Abre Los Ojos or Vanilla Sky?

Well I will make a list of 'rubber reality' films I have seen that you didn't include in that list!

I agree about The I Inside. I was entertained though.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You might have misread my post. That stuff won't bother me. I'm actually an antitheist as well.

I have seen every movie on your list except Lost Highway [strange since I have seen other David Lynch movies], Time Crimes as I mentioned, Carnival of Souls, and Imposter [I don't think...].

Timecrimes... I know you said you were DL'ing it - you've definitely gotta see it.
I LOVE that film, one of my favs.

Carnival of Souls may very well be the first of this genre... It certainly influenced the genre massively.
Such an atmospheric and creepy film.
I had the criterion double disc release but sold it... I only have the standard DVD copy now

Impostor not great to be honest but it's based on a Philip K Dick story and I LOVE PKD

Do you mean Abre Los Ojos or Vanilla Sky?

Yeah Abres Los Ojos - I've seen both but prefer the original for sure.
Vanilla Sky not terrible but not as trippy and creepy IMHO

Well I will make a list of 'rubber reality' films I have seen that you didn't include in that list!

I agree about The I Inside. I was entertained though.

Yeah do mate, I'd be interested.
Like I said..I have a ton of films on a 1TB drive now ( have 3 drives actually lol)... all the movies from last 4-5 years really - well one's worth keeping anyway... don't buy DVD/BR any more. plus collections like Back to the Future, James Bond, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th... plus classics like 2001 ASO, Godfather Trilogy... just a crap load, way too many to list.

I had 1000 DVDS at one point... had to sell man, was just insane.
Probably have 200 - 250 left now and still selling them slowly on ebay.

edit on 19/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join