It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the US: Warns of Nuclear Consequences

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
The Russian's are being pragmatic. If things keep going the way they are, eventually there will be a nuclear exchange.
The West keeps pushing them and has been doing so hard since the fall of the USSR.

Baloney. Why was there such a massive build-down in US and NATO since 1991? Why all the aid and help?

Putin started it back up again. They didn't need to.

All the rest of Europe (plenty of Communist true believers in East Germany, for example) woke up to the truth of the decay of the system and learned from history. Russia didn't.

There's no hostility to the West against Poland. Why?

edit on 24-10-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Since you are new I would suggest you use the search function since we have been discussing this topic all the way back to Dec 2013.

you will find all the answers you need.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The West keeps pushing them and has been doing so hard since the fall of the USSR.

And yet in 1998 the west helped bail them out of a big problem...

This week, in a complete reversal, the I.M.F. and the Russian Government announced a bailout package that will inject $17.1 billion in new loans to the beleaguered nation over the next 18 months.

If it wasn't for the US they would have never gotten help...

The Clinton Administration was the driving force behind the reversal, impelled by the specter of Russia's financial collapse. United States Treasury officials were worried that while negotiations with the Russians dragged on over forcing real economic change, the political peril to the Government of President Boris N. Yeltsin was growing. They pressed the fund to double the amount of money it was willing to lend to Russia, even though it depleted the I.M.F.'s own resources for fighting the economic contagion that is spreading beyond Asia.

www.nytimes.com...

But that must have just been the US trying to damage the former soviet union by helping them. Sound just about right to you?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
The Russians are smart and hearty people.

hearty, certainly. Smart? Really? Google "Russian dashcam video"

Chinese are smart and long-term smart. They're going to win.

Russia is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

They'll do what's right when they figure out what Putin is all about all on their own.

Drink, and blame everything on the foreigners and Jews?

Actually there is a serious and truly delightful artistic and scientific class there with high standards. They'll suffer the most from this jingoistic dicatorship.

But that must have just been the US trying to damage the former soviet union by helping them. Sound just about right to you?

I'm sure the paranoid America haters/Putin bootlickers will come up with some baloney how free money was a capitalist plot to keep them in thrall to the international banking cartel and if they just had the balls to follow the economic ideologies of anti-imperialist glorious self-reliant Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea, all would be beautiful.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: mortex
The Russian's are being pragmatic. If things keep going the way they are, eventually there will be a nuclear exchange.

Baloney. Why was there such a massive build-down in US and NATO since 1991? Why all the aid and help?

Putin started it back up again. They didn't need to.

All the rest of Europe (plenty of Communist true believers in East Germany, for example) woke up to the truth of the decay of the system and learned from history. Russia didn't.

There's no hostility to the West against Poland. Why?

Build down in NATO since 1991?

New NATO members on 12th of March 1999 - Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland
New NATO members on 29th of March 2004 - Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
New NATO members on 1st of April 2009 - Albania, Croatia

Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Moldova all have Individual Membership Action Plans with NATO.

Montenegro, Bosnia and FYROM all have Membership Action Plans.

Ukraine and Georgia have intensified dialogue with the intention of being brought into NATO.

Build down he says?

Do we need to look at military expenditure as well to prove what a crock of bs that statement is?

The United States alone spends over 700 billion on it's military.
Add in the major powers in Europe and there's another 200 billion.

It's two biggest potential adversaries, China and Russia, don't even spend half of that combined.
China is spending about 180 billion the Russians about 90 billion.

Last I checked it was the United States along with it's NATO and other allies that were going around the world starting wars, invading countries, and bombing countries. This has been going on since the fall of the USSR.
The only conflict the Russian's were involved with up until Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine today, was the Chechen insurgency, which the Chechen terrorists over there were being backed by the West anyway.

The West has been involved in some war or conflict practically every year continuously.
The Americans especially are in a permanent war economy.

But you're sitting on ATS trying to convince people that the real aggressors are the Russian's who since the fall of the USSR have largely kept to them selves until recently when provoked by the clear western agenda against Moscow?

Some of you are so far gone in your delusions and self righteous attitudes, I'm surprised you haven't declared war on Russia and China your selves yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Mortex: You bring up good points!

The United States alone spends over 700 billion on it's military.

Let alone the really ridiculous expensive bombing of a. single. flag. that just occurred. Hope ISIL doesn't put up over 100+ flags lmao.

* - Mark my words now, this new M.E. ‘conflict’ will drain the life out of the U.S. It’s already beginning. . .

NATO is hurting for money, so they’re doing everything in their power to “create” a new boogeyman.

The West has been involved in some war or conflict practically every year continuously.
The Americans especially are in a permanent war economy.

Wow, very good outlook. I said that in my thread, U.S. military/MIC want certain regions in a State of Perpetual War.

But you're sitting on ATS trying to convince people that the real aggressors are the Russian's who since the fall of the USSR have largely kept to them selves until recently when provoked by the clear western agenda against Moscow?

Yahtzee!

Cameron & ‘crew’ were all 'buddy-buddy' w/ Russia/Putin. But as soon as he turned against the Organ Eating ‘moderate’ rebels. All hell broke loose against Putin.

Putin slams Cameron: Do you want to supply arms to people who eat their enemies organs?

Some of you are so far gone in your delusions and self righteous attitudes, I'm surprised you haven't declared war on Russia and China your selves yet.

lol, Don't encourage da animals.
edit on 24-10-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: grammar & stuff

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

You do realize that you have posted a video that proves that Putin is delusional, possibly psychotic.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Sure.

If you want to throw a temper tantrum & sling derogative names thats your agenda.

You can see the truth at the end when Cameron was upset lol.

You do realize that you have posted a video that proves that Putin is delusional, possibly psychotic.

Haha, I can upload a WHOLE ARCHIVE of your glorious leader. . .

Oh, and please tell how George H. W. Bush was an CIA Director if you would like to compare KGB. . .

edit on 25-10-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: add info.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I say we don't do anything unless Putin starts banging his shoe on the pedestal.
Seems that is the clue that shows they are really angry.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Thank you for your post.

Seriously, your reply is like a door being opened up & a fresh breeze rushed in. . .

Putin wanted to work together w/ the other developed economies but was ostracized. It's sad.

All because of Syria.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

You can see the truth at the end when Cameron was upset lol.

Cameron is staring at Putin as though he thinks Putin is stark, barking mad. Putin never had any intention of cooperating with anyone. He grew upon mean streets where violence was the only means to any end.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A nuclear "war" would be the final act for the creators enemy. It has spent over 6000 years trying to ensure the anihilation of all life on this planet, and humanity has, so far, backed it all the way 100%. I personally don't see any change in humanities outlook occuring any time soon, therefore it is more than plausible that nuclear warefare will be hailed as the ultimate victory for humanity and the creators enemy, whom, apart from an extremely small handful, all of humanity serve.

Well done Homo-Sapiens, your victory is near, REJOICE!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well, fear is a way to destabilise a society. If you fall for that Putin has accomplished his goal. I just don't think he would actually do it, because before the first nuke touches the ground there would be a massive response flying his way and I don't believe he is really suicidal.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Well, fear is a way to destabilise a society. If you fall for that Putin has accomplished his goal. I just don't think he would actually do it, because before the first nuke touches the ground there would be a massive response flying his way and I don't believe he is really suicidal.

The problem is that other world leaders have seriously started to question Putin's sanity. For example.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That's from March, by now he is weaker than before, with the Chinese oil deal, for example. He might be stubborn, but that's not the same as crazy. He knows very well how to calculate his options and now it is mostly empty barking and hoping for someone to take it serious. Wait for winter, the supporters he has in Russia will hopefully change their mind when they're freezing. He'll have to sell a lot just to be able to pay the public employees.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Google "Russian dashcam video"

Hey now those are some of the best videos out there.

Drink, and blame everything on the foreigners and Jews?

But it has worked so well for them all these years, it's hard to break tradition.

I'm sure the paranoid America haters/Putin bootlickers will come up with some baloney how free money was a capitalist plot to keep them in thrall to the international banking cartel and if they just had the balls to follow the economic ideologies of anti-imperialist glorious self-reliant Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea, all would be beautiful.

They won't as it is just easier to blame the US for all the bad things that happen in the world.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

New NATO members on 12th of March 1999 - Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland
New NATO members on 29th of March 2004 - Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
New NATO members on 1st of April 2009 - Albania, Croatia

And look at the neighbor they have and look at what they have done to those neighbors, and you see why they wanted to be part of NATO.

I also need to add that it is real interesting that Russia has a problem with NATO yet they had an office for NATO in Moscow...obviously they didn't have that big a problem now did they?

Last I checked it was the United States along with it's NATO and other allies that were going around the world starting wars,

And exactly what wars has NATO started?

And you do understand the difference between defensive and offensive correct?

The only conflict the Russian's were involved with up until Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine today, was the Chechen insurgency, which the Chechen terrorists over there were being backed by the West anyway.

So the west has backed the Chechans since the 1700's?

The Chechen–Russian conflict (Russian: Чеченский конфликт) is the centuries-long conflict, often armed, between the Russian (formerly Soviet) government and various Chechen nationalist and Islamist forces. Formal hostilities date back to 1785, though elements of the conflict can be traced back considerably further.[3][4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe you should invest in a little research before making certain comments.

And I guess the west is backing the same Chechans that are fighting with Russia in Ukraine?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The problem is that other world leaders have seriously started to question Putin's sanity. For example.

It's not insanity. It's sociopathy. I think literally.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join