It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dream, Any Ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I wanted to bring this here to see if any of you have insight on a rather odd dream I had 2 days ago. Normally I cant' recall any of my dreams for more than a few moments after waking up, and generally by the time I'm in my car and on my way to work they're totally gone. This past Tue. night I had a dream though, and for some reason one specific portion of it is just staying in my mind. I can't remember what lead me to this scene in my dream, but all I remember is that I was sitting at a table in what looked like a kindergarten classroom with a small chubby child who I didn't recognize. He seemed incredibly smart and couldn't be more than 10 years old. The room itself was very clean and all of the children were wearing some sort of uniform, kind of futuristic/minimalistic looking. In the rest of the room stood several other children of the same age, but they all gave off this vibe of being incredibly intelligent. This in and of itself is odd as I don't know anyone with kids who look like this or fit the bill in any way, shape, or form, and I myself don't have any kids.

This is where it gets weird though...

Without them opening their mouths, my head was filled with the sounds of their voices speaking in unison. At first all I could make out was: "The question? What question? The answer! You KNOW the answer!" This kept getting louder and louder, and the entire time all of the kids just stood their with warm endearing smiles on their faces. The volume became almost deafening and time between these phrases began to blur together until they were overlapping each other and then all of a sudden, silence. In this moment, the boy sitting at the table turned to me and looked me directly in the face. He finished drawing something in crayon on a piece of paper, then calmly put his crayon down and handed me the paper. As I took it from his hands, he said: "You know the answer. The answer is 30."

Now forgive my lack of MSPaint drawing skills, but this is what I can recall his drawing looking like:

So... I have no idea why or what the hell this came from, but it's kind of strange. The part that struck me hardest is that his diagram looked eerily similar to a graph of a Fibonacci sequences, a.k.a the Golden Ratio. I'd really love to hear some of your input, especially if by chance someone has had a similar experience, or is for some reason familiar with the significance of the number 30.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Kinda reminds me of the D.M.T.-space elves.

I have nothing more to add at this moment, but will think about this.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Psykotik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Psykotik

What kind of elves?

Edit: Lol, nvm. You already corrected your post. I'll have to google that, never heard of it.
edit on 16-10-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, sounds like alien hybrid children in a school setting. The diagram reminds me of a hurricane symbol, crop circle, or a solar system. What is perplexing is the number. What was the question? You will have to dig deep and let the question come forward to understand the answer.

Kinda like Deep Thought answering The Question To Life, The Universe, and Everything. 42 was the answer, but the question was a bit elusive.

So, what is the question?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Can you tell us a little about the day or days leading up to this dream? It may give us a hint into what may have caused the setting and feeling of the dream. Can you describe your emotional state in the last few days? Many times dreams are a reflection of what we've experienced coupled with what we've been feeling.

I'm no psychologist or dream interpreter but here's my rough idea based on what I've read.

A children's classroom setting with uniforms would indicate that you've maybe had some sort structure forced on you recently, or you're frustrated with the current structure you're living in.

The feeling of overarching intelligence in your classmates and the overlapping voices in your head might mean that you're feeling inadequate in some way, and you fear that maybe your peers sense this about you (their pleasant, docile expressions).

The answer and the pattern I can't really say too much about. Maybe you've unconsciously been seeing the number 30 a lot. Or maybe a looming deadline of some sort. The pattern is certainly a Fibonacci sequence, though.

Just my two pence, take it with a grain of salt!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Skada

Hm, interesting indeed.

I've been bashing my head against the wall for 2 days trying to think of wtf it could be, so far no dice. Maybe I need to sleep on it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Thanks for the response Railgun!
I had been kicking around the idea of some sort of underlying psychological event/feeling/issue possibly being the culprit, but to be honest the past few months have been some of the most stress free I've had in a long time. I found out Monday that I may have a dream job opportunity coming up within the next few weeks, and possibly even relocating with my girlfriend to Colorado. We've been trying to get out there for over 3 years so that has been the most exciting thing happening lately.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Classrooms appearing in dreams symbolize personal growth and that you are learning something about yourself. Since you saw many children and the dream focused on them, I'd say you are recalling a distant memory of your childhood or longing for the past. Perhaps you have some unfulfilled hopes or desires? Perhaps there is something in your waking life you need to address to feel complete again?

Since you also saw a crayon, that also is symbolic of childhood memory of a more carefree time in your life. Or, perhaps you are a creative person and your brain is telling you to think more outside of the box when you're awake. What color was the crayon? That too is important.

Usually, when you see people in your dream, especially ones that interact with you, you are seeing aspects of yourself. Since they were intelligent, you apparently think very highly of yourself and are confident in your abilities. Since they spoke to you in unison, this implies many aspects of yourself are in agreement and your brain is trying to reveal something important to you. Whether this was the number 30, or whether it was the symbol that was important has yet to be seen. The number 30 can mean many different things... usually implying superficiality. Maybe you're not being honest with yourself about something or someone isn't being honest with you. Or it could even be something as simple as a number that stood out to you in a story or news report at some point. The symbol is a bit harder to interpret. I've found things like aliens or things difficult to comprehend in dreams is an indication that something in your life is confusing you or unknown to you.

I don't know your personal life and I won't ask you to reveal anything about it, but I've found that getting in touch with your personal feelings usually solves dream interpretation dilemmas.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

It was a red crayon. If colors are of importance, the children's clothes were a very light greyish with white trim. The boy's complexion looked to be Greek, he was slightly olive/tan in skin tone. I posted a little bit about myself leading up the dream above if it helps
Thanks for the input Septimus!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

When you see red, and it's prominent in the dream, you can think of passion. Red is a very intense color, and people often associate it with vitality or life (our insides are red, as well as beef that we associate with a good meal). Unless you're angry about something, I don't think it could mean anything else. From what you described, it sounds like perhaps it's indicative of how you're living life now, with passion and being carefree.

How you're living your life right now I feel is perhaps why they spoke in unison; because you are not having any conflicts. They are also perhaps children because of what I mentioned above... you are reminded of a more carefree time in your life where there were minimal distractions and not so much pressure.

Again, not sure about the number or symbol. Perhaps that aspect of yourself was trying to show you that your brain is ready for the future and whatever comes along (hence having the answer). They were also all smiling and you felt a happy atmosphere in the air, which says your brain is ready to take on the challenges of the future with gusto.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It was just a dream, not prophetic or special.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

Wow....just, wow. Literally everything you just said is 100% true. I'm 28 years old and I feel for the first time in my life that I'm finally starting to get things together., at least somewhat. Aside from early childhood, growing up was kind of rough and I was always in a state of either moving, parental conflicts, or struggling to make ends meet once I moved out on my own when I was 17. Now if I could only figure out why my brain is all of a sudden creating Fibonacci-esque numbers with strange diagrams, the mystery would be solved!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No one said it was prophetic. The only thing special about it, was the fact that I remember it when the last time I remembered a dream was.... well I can't remember when.

Thanks for the input anyway... I guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I don't think the symbol is anything beyond what I said; it's something that still isn't clear to you. Perhaps it's representative of that somewhat having things together. Meaning there are still things you're not sure about, but overall you're feeling pretty good. I went out on a branch with the childhood association, as I know not everyone had a great one. We still associate children with being carefree though, so perhaps that's what your subconscious was doing when it was showing you this.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Within the field of Transpersonal Psychology, your dream might be pointing the Self within...The Christ Self, or Buddha Nature or True Self Nature...The Observing Self...The expansive, limitless Self that is transcendent of the limited, personal egoic nature. The Collective Unconscious Carl Jung identified might be signified by all of the children...A symbol, perhaps,of the universal, archetypal matrix of the collective unconscious itself.

The number 30 is significant cross-culturally. Jesus began his ministry at age 30, so the story goes. 3 = the Trinity. 3 is the mother/father/child...If you do a search on the numbers 3 or 30, many esoteric sites will tell you much more about the significance of this number.

If you were every object / person in the dream...if you were also the children, how might this change your perceptions/perspectives? How might this expand your awareness, and ideas you have about yourself, and who you are?

The image you drew is filled with spirals: organic, like DNA helixes. No sharp edges. Natural. A wonderful representation of psychospiritual developmental pathways, perhaps. Perhaps,on another level, a sign, a code to decifer. Or not.

This is a significant dream. Like the white rabbit in Alice In Wonderland, perhaps it is inviting you to follow...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

All of you guys are blowing my mind with your interpretations of this dream, and I really do appreciate you taking the time forth in doing so! You're absolutely right in that I couldn't help but feel like there was something important about this dream. FWIW, I hope that the majority of you are right. It's funny, because there are a lot of things happening in my life and on the horizon coming up, a lot of change. It's nice to think that maybe, just maybe, my subconscious is trying to steer me toward taking a so-called leap of faith with a positive attitude.

top topics

join