It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What reason would the Gov have for hiding the facts of Aliens from us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
While these thoughts are covered in this thread, this is my take.

1. Control of alien technology...aka GREED. If we have recovered technology, then the government would want to exploit that to maximum benefit (such as reverse engineering). A nation which is able to harvest this technology would develop craft that would develop technology to marginalize its peers.
2. "War of the Worlds"/"we can't handle the truth". Some fear panic would ensue.
3. Religion and society. The proven existence of aliens may cause social unrest, and might work to dispel certain aspects of religion.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
a reply to: Jchristopher5

bingo. My thoughts exactly. Which ever government/country has control over the technology aspect would be light years pun intended, ahead of the competition!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
a reply to: knightsofhonor

I'd suggest doing your own research on the topic instead of asking for the answer on ATS. There are many reasons as to why the government wouldn't want to disclose E.T. life. Even a search on ATS will lead you to many great articles, videos, and members own thoughts as to why which would give you a better understanding.

But since I'm here, I'll share why I believe the U.S. isn't keen on releasing the information to the public.

The aliens are using us and there isn't a darn thing the government can do to stop it.

How many people go missing? Have you read, or heard of "Missing 411"? It's a book by an author which was on ATS's "Ask Me Anything" a while back which talked about a ton of mysterious disappearances throughout history around our national parks.

How about the numerous people claimed to be abducted? Those who often share horrific stories of torture at the hands of cold, cool alien intellects?

I'm not saying this is the cause, nor that aliens are in fact abducting us. But I believe that the government is afraid what we'd do should we learn that we're basically being kidnapped and there's nothing we can do to stop it. The mass fear and the subsequent fall of society that would follow is (I believe if true) the reason why we're not being told squat.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:39 AM
They are us from another timeline and we are them. Time travelers or as some call them, a breakaway civilization that indeed got away from the earth. They are also the creators of this version of humans on this world. Original humans were much more long lived and psychic. They changed us into sheeple who use 5% of our brains, and easy to control. They destroyed all ancient civilizations and people plants and animals and made their version of what they want earth to be. They can change form like you change clothes and move through time with ease. They gave us technology because we joined in on the ancient destruction of the ancient world, they gave us time travel technology and we used it to create the world we know today. They look like us because they are us, and through genetic manipulation we were made in the image of people today.
We are information containers of spirit.

All ancient "gods" were driven from the world by us with the help of our time traveling counterparts.

Think for a moment why are all ancient advanced civilazitions destroyed? Hidden history around the world, ancient kowledge destroyed. Why evidence of ancient nuclear war? Because there was.

Why are there pictures of alien greys, tanks, airplanes and submarines in hieroglyphics?
Because we were there and they noted it in stone.
What happened to the ancients? We happened to them.

What happened to the dinosaurs, we happened to the dinosaurs, thats why alot of thier bones are irradiated. Lots of evidence of ancient nuclear war, yep we did that.

Not only on this planet others as well.
Who caused the flood? We did.
Tsunami Bomb
We have been doing it since the begining of this strain of sheeple weak human on the planet. Who took out the tower of BABEL? We did!

This society is known as sheeple it would ruin the lie we have been living if we knew our true history. The aliens we work with betrayed thier old people who are all dead, a true tragedy, and then convinced our foolish governments to betray us too and ancient peoples. Poor dinosaurs and giant men never knew what hit them.

Some in our government believe our society trumps all others and all extra terrestials were driven off world so we could exist in the powerless society we live in today. They created our religion and they/we are the god spoken of in the bible.

The government cant tell you about them because they are them and thier dirty work would then be known. Time travelers are the traitors to all mankind! So they can have a self fufiling Proficy.
edit on 16-10-2014 by worlwidemind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM

A lot people would say the religious folk would be put in disbelieve and dismay, bringing about the so-called apocalypse. However, they'd most likely do that to themselves without realizing it.

As for governments, Idk, other then the fact that the acceptance of e.t would increase the amount of armaments and national security in some countries, mainly the States. There are people down there that are paranoid about their neighbor being a pot smoking, satanic worshiper thats gunna shoot something. So weapons production and research would sky rocket like it was 911 times two, or how the sale of the AR-15 went up after that school shooting.

Just imagine a grey that would look like Osama Bin Laden.

Main reason in my opinion, the government can't prove their existence even if they tried.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
a reply to: Specimen

Alien civilization

Some thoughts...

edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
I think the reason the government is hiding the truth of aliens is because of many reasons,the government knows that aliens have been here a very long time and altered the course of history,what we believe to be true of our history is wrong and we would find out things are not as they seemed,we would have to rewrite what mainstream science is telling us.Also if the story is true that one of our own president made a treaty with a alien force then we were sold out a long time ago as a human race.As a poster above me said the dinosaurs were irradiated from something abnormal than ground radiation to bring them to extinction why? To be able to seed the earth with other life forms,can't have man eating beast on earth for human are alien life to exist,and what would people think of our great country that the president agree to let aliens abduct the people that voted him in to office

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
Hey look, theirs the government shooting the Gods...Or a godly Balloon in some weird form of logic.

Im sick from theories.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:28 AM
a reply to: SLAYER69

This is why I've always thought that First Contact is going to be either "Really Good" or "Really Bad"

And that includes us humans going out into space and finding someone else.

First: we don't have a good track record when it comes to making first contact. While Neil in his video is right, that Hawkings might be projecting what humans do to humans, there is something we need to remember:

We humans have always looked at lesser developed humans as almost "non-human" in the first place. Simply take a look at how we have treated indigenous people who were not as technologically developed. It was always horrible. But when we read what they wrote back then, you can constantly see how those indigenous people were referred to more as cattle than as fellow human beings.

So how, would we as humans, react to an actual non-human species that was not as advanced as us?

I'd like to think positive. I'd like to think we've out grown that and are more enlightened. But, the sad truth is, I tell myself that without really believing it. I don't hate humans. I love my race. But sometimes I'm deeply saddened by us at the same time.

So what happens if it's a much more advanced race than us that initiates contact?

As I said: it will be either Really Good, or Really Bad.

It could be that they are these really kind and enlightened beings that help us with all of our problems and help pull us up from the muck.

Or, it could be that we are just "worms" to them. Not even worthy of their attention, or simply like flies: annoying and in the way.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:31 AM

originally posted by: Specimen
Hey look, theirs the government shooting the Gods...Or a godly Balloon in some weird form of logic.

Im sick from theories.

The story of Jesus is a similar story of the govenment shootong at god, well not exactly shooting more like crucifying and spearing him. Check out the movie the 4th kind based on a true story the alien tells you its your god in summerian language by possessing the womans body.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
a reply to: worlwidemind

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...

Im pretty sure God shrugged off those artillery like it was the evils of Satan.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
We have to look at the facts and there is, sadly, not one iota of really convincing evidence that anyone can come up with to prove anything extra-terrestrial has ever been to this planet. There is plenty of 'evidence' but the existence of aliens is not an accepted fact, even at the microbial level.

And who would this government be? Even if they were keeping the big cosmic secret all to themselves. Who are the secrets passed on to as governments change and generations pass away?

There are enough countries in the world that are not friendly to the Western Powers and some are openly hostile. Surely they would love to blast open the secrecy. But no. Everyone keeps silent on the issue. Wikileaks reveals nothing and the Soviets, China, Iran and others have a history of incidents, but no proof of ET.

Governments are very bad at keeping secrets. So the only conclusion I can come to is either they simply don't know what's going on (as seems from the released documents we now have).Or (and this is a big IF) - if there really is a secret to be kept then the truth is so frightening and so horrifying that human society would collapse if we knew the truth.
edit on 16/10/14 by mirageman because: edits

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
My take on the most probable reason (sans being forbidden from disclosing):

God has become abstract over the last 2 centuries in the West. It is typical of governments to control religion, but in the modern West there is no need to control religion, because religion is not a position of credible leadership in the West.

But it all boils down to control. The reason the USSR abolished religion was to ensure that there was no higher power than the Soviet government. Other nations, like Nazi Germany and the middle east, set themselves up to rule through divinity. In this case, God is still the supreme authority, but the ruling class derives its power from the supremacy of the God that the state supports.

In the West....none of this. In the west it has been distilled down to: there really is no God (or, if there is, it is an abstract notion to the vast majority of people, who really don't ascribe real power to a deity beyond the most abstract notions). So the government is supreme. Ostensibly, this means "We The People" are supreme....but we all know how that really works.

So to admit to aliens....would be to admit that your supremacy is questionable. People would cease to behave in wys that please their government, choosing to try to please their new supreme models (i.e., aliens).

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
I have often pondered the prospect that in fact, the reason we are not told is because to tell us would engender more questions; none of which the government cannot reveal because it would become clear that institution of government as we know it are actually part of the deception.

Perhaps we've been 'claimed' and are being more or less 'kept' in some sort of 'holding pattern' until the motive(s) of the alien overlord(s) becomes apparent. Both governments, and supporting institutions would have to be made 'enduring' so the key players can effect control - key players would be either misguided or malevolent but handsomely (and temporarily) rewarded regardless.

Few are inclined to accept this as a general construct based upon the number of holes such theories have in them...,

But the real 'tell' in my mind exists.

- Millions of witnesses and accounts; from ancient sacred mythology to folklore, from the least technologically advanced to the most, from within the lowest classes of society - to the very apex... it is illogical to presume error or hucksterism as a baseline... these things are real.

- Irrespective of the body of observations, the leadership of nearly every nation on earth appears to have refused to officially and openly (i.e. in the name of their people) explore this hugely socially relevant and significant fact (presuming it's no joke.) Evidence appears to exist to the effect that the collective governments of the planet, almost globally and simultaneously, declared such a revelation to be "a bad thing."

- There is more than enough recorded evidence to show that governments officially expend resources to "use" this news for various ends; as the harbinger of enemy technology, the cloak to conceal black and covert operations, and as a the platform for several Psyop activities. Which seems odd, because our governments are so completely incapable of securing information - that they have to spend billions "convincing" us otherwise. There is evidence that these colossally effective "bodies of governance" are really only good tacticians in dealing with discovery (about them)... they lead nothing - their primary preoccupation is dissimulation and applying game theory to political expedience.

So in my mind we have a bunch of losers in apex governmental and social circles, clueless about anything an disinclined to even look into this - or easily convinced not to divulge anything they might learn. A systematically engineered social order which engenders oligarchy; and a profit based academic community devoid of anything outside a spreadsheet. The people we count on won't even seriously entertain the notion of asking.

Information can only be dangerous if it is not "allowed" to flow...
edit on 16-10-2014 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: TiedDestructor

not so much when you think that aliens are more what you cannot imagine than what you can.

It is well know that curiosity is incompatible with logic and curiosity is common to all species. Why would they need a logical reason from your point of view? Their context is entirely different from yours, so much that you cant have a clue about how they live and how they think.

And you do? Curiosity incompatible with logic? Have you lost your mind?

They might be the sort that think it is more fun to give the illusion of power to inferior species while manipulating them.
The fact that you think a superior being would necessarily use its greater power to crush its enemy proves you lack vital components called intelligence, depth, imagination, understanding...

I suggested they may give a middle finger. The rest of all your babble about destruction and my lack of vital components such as intelligence, depth ect. was pulled out your arse.(a tight one at that)

And it is well possible to hide the truth of aliens in PLAIN sight because thats exactly whats being done! When you throw enough confusion in the pot, even the taste of truth is barely recognizable. Humiliation, short sightedness, humor, lies, manipulation of informations and opinions, movies, skepticism,... all these things made it so that the common people would never take seriously the reality of aliens. They know more on how to manipulate and shape your mind than you think. In fact i would go as far as saying that the individual you are right now is not you, but a product of society and all its mental manipulations. The context made you and if the context is poor, the individual will be too unless he got a uncommon willpower...

Okaaaaaaaay then...........your out there...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
My answer to this question every time it pops up is the same: control.

The rich and powerful of this planet want to remain rich and powerful. Revolutions of any type, even of thought, can change our civilization enough that it could disrupt their cushy lives, and they don't want any part of that. There absolutely would be a revolution of some type upon the release of this information, positive or negative I don't know. So our governments will keep their mouths shut and the mouths of anybody else they deem necessary.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:24 PM
Because the aliens are controlling us.

edit on 16-10-2014 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

My personal belief is that they've been told to keep schtum (stay quiet)...
By ET themselves who do not want to interact with this Prison Planet...

This is a planet for the Fallen... That's how it began... So to speak...

Until that has changed Aliens will not want to be associated with our backward & arrogant species!

Some say free energy?
I don't truly believe that though...
It's not like the government are stupid enough not to work out how to make money from dog s#...
Free energy would be a piss easy investment to make money from!!!

but then people would have unlimited access to water and food, they wouldn't be able to keep the population as dumbed down as they do because it would be easy to grow real food and not the toxic crap they give us now an enlightened population is not easy to control as we would question why we work and the elites do not.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:30 PM
The reason? There are zillions.
Just try to imagine the technology and how it can be used for some profit purposes.
Did you know the government even have a contract to do examination on 2% of the US population?
That agreement was sealed 68 years ago!!!
If you dont believe me then watch the full documentary about that. It even tells the truth about the real men in black and the Roswell incident that wasn't an actual UFO but it was a russian spy balloon.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
If you believe alien beings visiting Earth is being hidden from us by high-up officials, it would mean a few things-
- Intelligent life has evolved on other planets as it has on Earth.
- The technology to travel light years between our galaxy into the universe is a reality.
- At least one UFO/alien case would have to be true.
- Alien beings deal exclusively with our government.

Then you have to take those facts and look at them logically.
First, not a single case in the history of UFO/alien phenomena has ever shown to be factual. The holy grail of UFO/alien lore and government conspiracy and cover-up is Roswell:
ROSWELL UFO - Small beams and foil-like material.
BALLOON TARGETS - Small beams and foil-like material.

ROSWELL UFO - Pieces broken up no more than 4 feet in size.
BALLOON TARGETS - Pieces constructed no more than 4 feet in size.

ROSWELL UFO - Crashes in the southwestern U.S.
BALLOON TARGETS - Crash in the southwestern U.S.
The incredible coincidences between the two has never been explained or rationalized. Any one of those similarities should be questioned in itself. Multiple similarities should make anyone question what this UFO really was. It's always conveniently skipped over and not dealt with. Including my question to Stanton Friedman in the AMA thread. This is not a slam dunk case by any means.

Next, you would have to believe alien beings deal exclusively with our own government. Every time they crash or leave evidence anywhere, the government/military officials sweep in and remove every piece of evidence and threaten every witness with death. Or, you believe it's a universal conspiracy by multiple governments including multiple officials and citizens. This would be the most likely scenario seeing as an alien species visiting Earth would be a worldwide event and not one exclusive to one group of people. The more people you involve, the harder it is to keep this secret.

The last two points are about these "aliens". If our government has alien beings, that not only means aliens exist, but it also means light year space travel is real. That would mean there's the likelihood of other species of intelligent beings existing and visiting Earth. Not only the possibility of these supposed compliant beings from the same species visiting, but a completely different species that could be a threat to human life. This assumed paranoia surrounding the government hiding the existence of alien life, becomes even more of a problem. Every single MUFON case and every UFO case ever reported becomes an actual reality. Every abduction becomes a serious threat. Their active involvement in these cases would be apparent. Yet, they share no interest whatsoever in these reports other than a possible natural curiosity.

*The unproven evidence of alien bodies, is hidden by the unproven evidence of a government cover up* At what point do these negate each other?
Believers have to create an explanation for non-believers of why we have no evidence of alien visitation over these decades. So why not create something else that's shrouded in mystery and can't really be proven... Genius! No, ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>