It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What reason would the Gov have for hiding the facts of Aliens from us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

edit on 16-10-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
NM

edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Governments have terrible problems hiding any facts, unless you live in a place like China or North Korea.

In the West, you just need to look at the frequency secrets are released into the public domain through whistle-blowers, disgruntled employees, journalism or error.

I think if there was evidence that aliens existed this fact would be known. Not a chance in hell would a Western government be able to keep a lid on it.

Regards

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I think they are, in fact, demons. And instead of the idea of them being demons being primitive, the idea of them being from other planets is the modern interpretation of an age that explores space and thinks basically anything that's old news doesn't apply now. I contemplated every notion of their nature too, but the more I learned about the New World Order, the more I became (still become) convinced about what I said.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When you think in terms of extra terrestrials, who undoubtedly have technology beyond our collective current comprehension (ability to harness star power, dark matter, etc.) it doesn't seem feasible that they could be easily suppressed by any earthly power. That can only leave the possibility that they intentionally do not reveal themselves or they don't exist.

I am of the opinion that it's a culmination of many theories; if we have seen space craft, it was most likely because a mistake was made. I don't believe a space faring race would make such simple mistakes considering the sheer level of technological superiority they would have over us. Think in terms of dark matter and as others mentioned, inter dimensional travel. Why manifest before human eyes when they can simply slip in between dimensions and remain completely unseen? I think it is in fact military craft we have seen and military craft that has crashed over the years. That would explain the secrecy, as they would not wish to reveal such embarrassment, as well as allow any other nations to gather intelligence on the matter. It's the perfect cover up to simply call them UFO's and never completely tell the truth on the matter to the public.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Governments have terrible problems hiding any facts...

Not a chance in hell would a Western government be able to keep a lid on it.

Regards

I dunno, I'm not saying it is or isn't possible but for example the Pentagon went on about it's business for years before it was revealed that they couldn't account for something to the tune of 2.3 or 2.6 Trillion in funding.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: eriktheawful

Unless ET is keenly aware of what negative impact a more advanced group would have on a lesser one. Then they may be very selective in how they approach the situation. Now if ET does exist and there are as many as mathematically possible then it figures that not all are on the same page and this is why we may have abductions and other nefarious intrusive Alien activities.

Knowledge is power, that's not just a Universal constant for Terrans

I've often wondered if our solar system might be located in the "backwater" part of the galaxy, or "Unknown, Unexplored" part of it for more advanced species.

Milky Way is a very BIG place. FTL doesn't always mean that you can go anywhere instantly. Look at the limitations of Star Trek: the UFP, Klingon and Romulan empires were actually only a small part of the galaxy because warp drive was only so fast.

For all we know, the other side of the galaxy is teeming with galactic civilization.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: knightsofhonor

Have you ever played "whack-a-mole"?

I imagine how fun it must be to have a society reacting to every word out of my mouth...

All the while people are whacking at moles that are under the control of some guy hiding behind a curtain/circuit board, laughing his ass off at them.

If you took the plug out of the wall, there would only be one mole to whack. The guy telling you this and that is the real mole, toying with people's emotions in order to gain some kind of choke-hold dominance.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My opinion is that it is because they are not aliens. Not human maybe but not aliens. It looks sometimes like they found out that we have been scaring the earth with another humanoid type. Pre-diluvian, survivors. Anyway exposing such a thing would blow the lid right off so many things but most importantly the ability to control.

Man I sound like a wack job.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Who in "the government" would you assume actually would know anyway? The president? These guys get elected every four years, you really want to pull them into the mix? What if one of them comes unhinged later in life? If "the government" is really aware of aliens and aliens exist, it would probably be some self-funded splinter organization with almost zero congressional knowledge or oversight.

My assumption is that if aliens exist, and they didn't want everyone to know about them, they'd probably approach people on an individual basis based upon features in them that the aliens needed for their own agendas and they'd probably avoid the governments of the world unless they needed specific resources from very tight lipped individuals, people who could be discredited and undone if they broke ranks. You can't discredit a president easily. People will believe him, at least a portion of them, and that's enough to cause problems.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Then here are the possibilities then...

1.) We are in the backwater and are either too far away or simply not worth visiting yet.

2.) We are too primitive to be of any value to ET except for a possible intergalactic anthropological study of a primitive civilization.

3.) We as a species have been quarantined, Which makes sense to me based on how well we treat each other, never mind meeting a completely "Alien Race"

4.) We are not quite yet ready for Harvesting

5.) We as a species are simply not 'There yet' as far as maturity and are not ready to be an active member of the Big Boys club.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I wouldn't freak out over ET but I'd be very cautious, Just remember what has happened repeatedly in our own Human history whenever a more advanced people came into contact with a less advanced group.

It never worked out very well for the lesser of the two.

I believe that type of theory to be wrong in my own honest opinion, simply because we're underestimating ourselves knowing fine well what we're actually capable of.

We can't mix our own human nature with an extra terrestrial species nature, if they're so far advanced, then they wouldn't even know what war is.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

not so much when you think that aliens are more what you cannot imagine than what you can.

It is well know that curiosity is incompatible with logic and curiosity is common to all species. Why would they need a logical reason from your point of view? Their context is entirely different from yours, so much that you cant have a clue about how they live and how they think.

They might be the sort that think it is more fun to give the illusion of power to inferior species while manipulating them. The fact that you think a superior being would necessarily use its greater power to crush its enemy proves you lack vital components called intelligence, depth, imagination, understanding...

And it is well possible to hide the truth of aliens in PLAIN sight because thats exactly whats being done! When you throw enough confusion in the pot, even the taste of truth is barely recognizable. Humiliation, short sightedness, humor, lies, manipulation of informations and opinions, movies, skepticism,... all these things made it so that the common people would never take seriously the reality of aliens. They know more on how to manipulate and shape your mind than you think. In fact i would go as far as saying that the individual you are right now is not you, but a product of society and all its mental manipulations. The context made you and if the context is poor, the individual will be too unless he got a uncommon willpower...

What do you expect the aliens to be? Humans are not prepared for aliens the same the settlers werent prepared when they found out colored people. People "seem" more open today thanks to movies but its a lie. They dont really take it seriously but if faced with a real alien, you can be sure their reaction wouldnt be smart at all..
edit on 16-10-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
probably because they really dont have all the answers
we humans have a lifespan of 0-100 years so we cant really learn everything/get all the answers
we live in a solar system, one of zillions+
maybe the aliens are older have huge memories and like it this way

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

We can't mix our own human nature with an extra terrestrial species nature, if they're so far advanced, then they wouldn't even know what war is.

There was something I viewed on TV or the interwebs once where I think physicist Michio Kaku? suggested that all advanced species would have been predators at one time and war would have been somewhere in their past.

Now, I could be wrong with which physicist it was but it made sense. So, on that basis, Then they would have forgotten a very valuable lesson on what to avoid.

ETA: WAR wouldn't be the only concern or danger to us. A societal collapse doesn't have to happen by the sword or Phaser *Whatever the case may be* alone

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofhonor
Whats some theories on why the Government would want to hide facts of Alien existence from the Public globally?

I could understand the reason to hide Alien tech, from enemy hands. But why the existence of Aliens?

What harm could be done if People knew about Extraterrestrial life?

As popular as Star Wars IP has become, it would seem like the general public would be okay with living with Aliens or at least knowing they exist.

I mean, who would this info harm?

Not that I KNOW there are aliens...but.....

If there are aliens and the government knows about them, why would they hide this knowledge?

Power. The government doesn't have the power to subdue, compete with, legislate, tax. interfere with, communicate to or otherwise molest these aliens. A government that admits it is powerless soon becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Governments have terrible problems hiding any facts, unless you live in a place like China or North Korea.

In the West, you just need to look at the frequency secrets are released into the public domain through whistle-blowers, disgruntled employees, journalism or error.

I think if there was evidence that aliens existed this fact would be known. Not a chance in hell would a Western government be able to keep a lid on it.

Regards

Secrets are leaked just enough to be believable yet implausible to the general public. The "truth" lies somewhere in between. Hiding something in plain sight works. People believe what they are told for the most part and for the fringe they leave breadcrumbs and rainbows to chase.

As for Western governments not being able to keep secrets...

What IS in the 18 redacted pages of the 9/11 commission report?
You think you might have an idea...other people think they might have an idea...a few people associated with it have dropped breadcrumbs but do they lead into the wilderness or the fountain of truth? That's just one secret.
edit on 16-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I wouldn't freak out over ET but I'd be very cautious, Just remember what has happened repeatedly in our own Human history whenever a more advanced people came into contact with a less advanced group.

It never worked out very well for the lesser of the two.

I believe that type of theory to be wrong in my own honest opinion, simply because we're underestimating ourselves knowing fine well what we're actually capable of.

I think the first mistake that anyone makes is: using absolutes.

I understand that the idea is: once a civilization is advanced enough, they will not have wars anymore.

However, take a look at us, humans. We grow more and more advanced. Any sign that we are giving up war any time soon?

Of course, we (humans) might be unique in that regard. And the other stipulation is, they have to be united under one government philosophy. Once united under one flag, there would be no wars with other countries.

Doesn't mean they don't still kill themselves or end up with war with other civilizations that may, for some reason, see them as a threat.

There is also this to ponder: Predator vs. Prey.

Predators tend to be quite successful species. That's because they are normally towards the top of the food chain, and not many are trying to kill them, where as prey on the other hand end up having many trying to kill them.

Humans are the top predator on this planet. I don't care how veggan and tree hugging you might be. Your ancestors were killing machines. It's still there.

Uplifting: A more advanced race "uplifts" a more primative race. We see this not only in science fiction all the time, but in our own history. Think about all the first contact that explorers had with more primative civilizations here on the Earth.
I think this is not a impossible idea: Aliens contact Earth. Reason: mercenaries. As some have said, the aliens may have forgotten how to fight war, but have now ran into another advanced species that is still quite good at it. The aliens that contacted us have seen just how good we are at killing each other. Sounds like the ideal solution: hire the humans, give them the tech to wage the war for them.

Only.....well, not only are we humans good at killing things. We're also good at lying, hiding, being sneaky, and back stabbing.

Quite possible for the alien employers to suddenly find themselves being "taken over" by the humans.

And there you go: Humans, with advanced alien tech and FTL drives, who still wage war, out in the galaxy.

Quite possible that it's happened with other species out there. The galaxy, and especially the universe is a very big place. Room enough for all sorts of things to happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Spot on,prison planet,quarantine and the world of the fallen.

Also we are meant to change ourselves and we do it by being blind.Only man can change his own heart.
If we know Aliens exist with higher tech we will be begging them to help us not only physically but spiritually.
It will also end the folly of religion which keeps many of us here looking to give our worship external forces instead cultivating our own hearts but we must find this wisdom ourselves as a species.
But the biggest threat to man is man himself.
Endless Wars,murder,starvation,3rd World slavery,the parasitic elite and the banking system,the insanity of the subservient main stream media,sociopaths in silly costumes having control of our existence, they all exist and we allow it to happen when we finally say enough then the interaction may begin.
The governments themselves have zero control of the secrecy,those that control the secrecy are the secrecy.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why would ET travel such an impossible distance then act towards us like they are do? Abductions, implants, hybrid DNA and cattle mutilations?

The extra dimensional beings are preparing us and are not what they seem. We are being prepared for what they are about to offer and our evil leaders are helping them in that preparation.

Its the return of the king. The king of the material world knows better than to come at the masses as he really is. The deceptive one is very good at what it does.
edit on 0201410America/Chicago1000000010Octam10 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join