It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse I don't believe in any organized religion. People forget Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. Never did he say he was here to start a new religion but spent most of his teaching showing us the proper way to live and follow God.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pjdonovan70
a reply to: rickymouse I don't believe in any organized religion. People forget Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew. Never did he say he was here to start a new religion but spent most of his teaching showing us the proper way to live and follow God.

I absolutely agree

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That is so true. I don't understand why most people can't see that.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fopicon

Wow cmon now what insidious and venomous lies your spreading. I hope you are ashamed but I feel no pity for your sort turn back your course now is my suggestion .

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, Christ didn't have a church/building

It has all been twisted into something unrecognizable

Jesus taught anywhere he could and actually was kind of against the Jewish Church because the Church was more important to them than god's creation. Like I said. I have no interest in belonging to any religion anymore, but that does not mean I can't discuss the subject with others on a neutral basis.

Well, as I said, the church was meant to be a gathering of fellowship for believers, not precisely what it has become.

However, the basics can be found there if you can wade through the obfuscation. There are far too many places where the church is more important than the teachings themselves and the spirit is lost to the dogma.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

cult
kəlt/Submit
noun
a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
"the cult of St. Olaf"
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.
"a network of Satan-worshiping cults"
synonyms: sect, denomination, group, movement, church, persuasion, body, faction
"a religious cult"
a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"

The JWs are cult because they idolize their organization. They put it above a real and personal relationship with Jesus. Everything for them is corporate, you are saved by being a JW and not giving up that name if persecuted. The Catholics have a pope, the mormons have their apostles and prophet, the JWs have their governing body - a group of spirit inspired men. They believe that they are right and everybody else is wrong. You said that if joined a religion, not that you would (phew), that it would be the JWs. They believe that you are going to get annihilated (cease to exist) at Armageddon because you are not a Jehovah's Witness. Ask dusty1, if this is true.

They display typical cultist behaviors by isolating themselves, not in a compound with walls, but by making you limit who you see and who you hang out with. They get you to control which information you access, in fact dusty1 is breaking a rule by being here, they consider me an "apostate" so then he should not be reading my posts or even lurking here. Look on the net for a list of cult signs and they will all apply to JWs in some way (granted, it also applies to Amway and the military). they keep their followers hooked by constantly giving them false hopes regarding the end of this system. They live for the end not for the future. They give up getting a good education in favor for working for their organization.

Someone said they are fodder for the sacrifices of the elite or something like that, it does not surprise me, they are ready to die for being JWs, not for being Christians, for being JWs and in some countries they do. They constantly publish stories about their martyrs. I could go on if you are interested.
edit on 20/10/14 by Cinrad because: Why can't we do quotes inside quotes anymore?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53

If you were truly a believer why did the chanting frighten you ? The Bible is full of that exact thing.

Have you ever thought about seeking God the old fashioned way ? After all Jesus didn't come to bring about religion or to start the Jehovah's Witnesses. He came so you could have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ himself.

Youtube Russian, Greek or pretty much any Orthodox chants.
If that frightens you, I'd be surprised, and you probably should go see a priest to have an exorcism performed.

Even if you can't understand it, it sounds better then anything classed as "music" today.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

What you will find is that haters are gonna hate.

I believe that Christ has not yet returned to execute judgement on this world , because their are many good people left on it, from all walks of life.

Officially being one of Jehovah's Witnesses will not save us, in and of itself.

We will be judged by Christ, by what is in our hearts, and by our actions.

All our literature is now available for free online and on an app, including the Our Kingdom Ministry brochure, which outlines what we are taught at our meetings.

If some, for whatever reason some, do not associate with us, then so be it. The hope is everyone that is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses has access to the Good News of God's Kingdom.

I do believe that before judgement comes, every other organized religion will be disbanded or give up on Christ.

Which will leave us the only game in town.

(post by dusty1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

I do believe that before judgement comes, every other organized religion will be disbanded or give up on Christ.

Probably not be disbanded but instead just become more and more corrupt so that only the very corrupt will be able to stand to be in those organizations.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

They put it above a real and personal relationship with Jesus. Everything for them is corporate, you are saved by being a JW and not giving up that name if persecuted.

But this is not true, they do not believe they will be saved my being a Jehovah's Witness but By Jehovah for their faith in his son and by witnessing about him and his message to mankind and not denying him in times of persecution.

Everything in them that you see as corporate I see as an organized effort to cover the planet with the message as they were directed to do.

14“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

he also said his TRUE folowers would be generaly hated in this world.

"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you." John 15:19

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." John 17

edit on 20-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That is so true. I don't understand why most people can't see that.

Well he did say he came to make a new beginning, he said he came to fulfil the law and thus change things he also said that the followers of him were called his church as the word translates.

Galations 3:23-25
Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Romans 7:4Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. 5For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. 6But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the children raised in the JW mindset. They live their entire lives in a subconscious, if not conscious, fear of Armageddon and the horrific possibility they themselves might be destroyed because of some perceived misbehavior on their part. Sad really.

Their life is one of waiting and waiting for this catastrophic event to be followed by a utopian society (New World) where they have hopes of having a pet lion that lies down with their sheep. Everybody in "the New World" will be JWs according to their teaching. They don't openly admit this to the public, however. Just saying it out loud makes it sound so freakish.

It is especially detrimental during the concrete stage of child development. If they remain a JW into adulthood, they encase their lives in its cultish teachings and all seems well, till you look behind the curtain. If they decide to leave the organization, their lifelong friends and even family members that are witnesses treat them like lepers and spiritually sick degenerates. They are shunned. Some have committed suicide or turned to alcohol and drugs to numb the pain of this rejection.
edit on 20-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

How did you come to this conclusion? You're not wrong btw. It really sucked.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

They sound like the Mormons. I grew up in Sandy Utah and I love the Mormon people but the religion is over the top. I wonder how many Mormons look into the religions past and founding and find the real truth. They have a church on every street. Everything from the police,schools,politics,etc is tied into the religion. Many people have multiple wives and it is kept silent.

I do miss the sense of community I had growing up. The neighborhood I grew up in all the families stuck together. If you happened to be over around lunch time you where feed. Everyone was family you did not need to lock your doors at night. If you had hard times everyone came together.........Maybe they have it right? I sure do miss it and wish I had the chance to move my family back so my kids could get the same sense of community.
edit on 21-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

They sound like the Mormons. I grew up in Sandy Utah and I love the Mormon people but the religion is over the top. I wonder how many Mormons look into the religions past and founding and find the real truth. They have a church on every street. Everything from the police,schools,politics,etc is tied into the religion. Many people have multiple wives and it is kept silent.

I do miss the sense of community I had growing up. The neighborhood I grew up in all the families stuck together. If you happened to be over around lunch time you where feed. Everyone was family you did not need to lock your doors at night. If you had hard times everyone came together.........Maybe they have it right? I sure do miss it and wish I had the chance to move my family back so my kids could get the same sense of community.

The community part of it they have got right. But then so have the Amish. It is easy to be community when everyone thinks the same as you do, and those who dont are thrown out. But Jesus said Mat 5:14 "You are like light for the whole world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid." So do you separate yourselves and put up a wall like a city unto yourselves and people who want to come to you come? Or do you go out in to the world, live among them and invite them?

Jesus prayed:
Joh 17:10 ...my glory is shown through them.
Joh 17:11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world. Holy Father! Keep them safe by the power of your name... so that they may be one just as you and I are one.
Joh 17:13 And now I am coming to you, and I say these things in the world so that they might have my joy in their hearts in all its fullness.
Joh 17:15 I do not ask you to take them out of the world, but I do ask you to keep them safe from the Evil One.
Joh 17:16 Just as I do not belong to the world, they do not belong to the world.
Joh 17:18 I sent them into the world (this is the real birth of the church, not Acts chapter 2), just as you sent me into the world.
Joh 17:20 "I pray not only for them, but also for those who believe in me because of their message.
Joh 17:21 I pray that they may all be one. Father! May they be in us, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me.

Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one, in order that the world may know that you sent
Joh 17:25 Righteous Father! The world does not know you, but I know you, and these know that you sent me.
Joh 17:26 I made you known to them"

Is it possible to live in and among the world and yet be part of another community at the same time? I mean, just the stress of getting the kids to school and yourself to work is enough to put you in survival mode for the rest of the day, how are you going to be in giving and shining mode? There is a movement occurring independently in many places around the world where Christians are organizing themselves in spiritual communities and yet living in the world and making Jesus known. It is not easy but it is what Jesus prayed for us to be successful in.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You can't base the accuracy o of the bible based only on the dead sea scrolls. As Dr. Walter D. Huyck Jr. puts it, "when considering the impact of the scrolls upon the New Testament. We must conclude that our cultural understanding of the period, as a result of the scrolls, is limited to that of the Essene community at Qumran. It would be difficult to apply the context of the scrolls beyond this community because they were so secluded from common society, and their documents often exaggerated the situations addressed to the benefit of their utopian views. Therefore, the historical reliability of the scrolls is questionable."

Well Walter D. Huyck is just another person that is stuck in the ways of being misinformed since I still claim there was and is a cover up, and since there is a cover up, people who speak in the media are not going to speak on what they don't know. After all, that is the point of an American cover up, to keep people ignorant, and to keep people from talking, from teaching, and others from learning. The people behind the cover up, love nothing more than to keep the mass population in ignorance.

I have probably read more Scrolls than Walter D. Huyck. I have studied the cover up, from all corners of evidence and have heard what all of the Scroll translators had to say, about the release and publication of Dead Sea Scrolls, about their contents within, and even about their opinions of each other. There are some things that the public does not know, because all of the media covering the Scrolls does not tell us, though I have discovered the truths by 'slips' in the media.

First of all, Qumran was not the largest Essene community, and it was not the 'capitol' of their community either. Second of all, there were not all these little sects of people everywhere at the time of Jesus in Judea. It was the Essenes and two or three other sects, the ladder involved within the state and church. In fact the Essenes were the group of Jewish people who broke away from the state and church because they did not agree with those sects. Jesus would have most definitely been an Essene. The term Essene was given by modern man, it was not what they called themselves. They called themselves what Jesus would have called them - the sons of man, the sons of light.

Reliability? You have to acknowledge what happened in history. The Romans invaded Judea and took all of the Real Christian literature and banned it, they transformed Christianity into what they wanted to, killing anybody who was a Christian by the name of Christ when it first started. The Scrolls are an event in history, when modern man found what ancient man had in the ancient times - it is by far the oldest scripture relating to the bible that we have. Just that it confirmed the books of the bible, means that it is authentic.

Your arguments are so far backwards, it will take more than 10 pages to get through to you the truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
In Bible times, the name Jesus may have been pronounced Yeshua or possibly Yehoshua—no one can say for certain.

That is the way with some of the ancient mystery religion roots evolving all the way to Jesus. Now first since we said that 'J' wasn't put in the alphabet until a couple centuries ago, so the Greeks originally called Christ "Iësous." The Greeks who changed the ending of the name to 'Sous' because they had 'Sous' at the end of many words (also 'Sus' or 'Eus") - just like Isiah and Jeremiah have the ending of 'Yah' for the Hebrews - it is the same thing. They put it at the end of the words in respect to their god named Zeus, who was actually a mysterious king going far back in history. That is why in Latin Jesus is pronounced 'Hey Zeus.'

The reason why I am a believer is because it is not just one word, it is many. And, there was a deliberate hoax in history to erase the Jewish traditions and make them Roman, and that is why we have "Easter Sunday," a complete pagan lie in order to change the real Sabbath for all of the world to worship the sun.

Going back to some of the most early Christian texts, the Nag Hammadi, they refer to Jesus as 'The Christ.'

Words and names like “Christ”, “Holy Ghost”, “Jesus”, “Joseph”, and “Mary” come through Hebrew channels but have Greek forms or translations in the New Testament. The words of Jesus are quoted freely and often given the weight of incontrovertible authority, but in fact nobody knows for certain what he said, since what we have are translations of a supposedly Aramaic original of which all trace has otherwise been lost.

Yet, people the world over today use different forms of the name Jesus, pronouncing it in the way that is common in their language. They do not hesitate to use the name just because they do not know its first-century pronunciation. Similarly, if you were to travel to a foreign land, you might well find that your own name sounds quite different in another tongue.

Jesus is really Joshua if we want to say that. Because the "J" letter is like a new "Y". So it may have been Yoshua. In fact Jesus was named after the Joshua with Moses, second in command, because Jesus was "The 2nd Lawgiver." So in ancient times Jesus's first name was the same as Joshua.

For example the English name JOHN a very common name nobody debates that in English it is "John", but in other languages it is said differently. In fact the "Johns" in the bible where not called "John" in the first century because of the languages spoken. But when you read an English bible it is John. In fact there are many names in the old testament that begin with "J", and we know for a fact that in the original language there was no "J".

Certainly the Roman records speak with loathing of the Christians and they were hounded with extreme ferocity reserved for political troublemakers within the realm.31 Those most deceived appear to have been the sect who took over the name of “Christian” and who formed the basis of the Church

So you see the "J" issue people speak about is a non-issue when the totality of the context is known.
It is an issue of consistency either change all the names with "J" or keep them all with "J", not just one, that one being "Jehovah".

That may be true, but we know is was "Yah" or an "A" vowel sound in the beginning because of all the prophets names that end with that same sound. We have to remember who the individuals are that translated the Aramaic scrolls int he first place because they were likely on scrolls in the first place, just as the Dead Sea Scrolls are. Those individuals are kings and emperors, the least bit of a democracy or giving anything real to us, the general public. It is proven now with information that the 'secret societies' exist today still, and the elite still practice secret cult rituals, they still keep information from the general public, and they have all the information of aliens visiting us and the ancient mystery religions from when magical kings ruled the ancient grid system of earth.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Like I don't know man, the chanting and tongs things sound way too far fetched. But this religion is one of the reasons I believe religion is toxic especially to the kids. My parents have been actively trying to convert me to that cult since I was a kid. I remember the first year of no Christmas.
And I hated it, I hated god. I remember when I was a kid I was told i would go to hell if I was bad then the jw came along and said their is no hell but before you can even breath a sigh of relief they tell you your soul Will not be resurrected by god and you well cease to exist. Son of a...
And the Concept of ceasing to exist is a difficult one for a seven year old to handle. That can kill a childhood. Seriously I think this has caused my depression throughout the years.
But im 18 now, just wait till I get a job and im out of there .
There's a lot of other crap I've taken from those weirdos but by far the strangest of all is that they believe in conspiracy theories. I didn't expect that from them but they say 911 WAS an act carried out by the gov. The titanic was sunk by the Vatican to control the economy. Ufos are really demons. The pope resigned because he couldn't take the lies.
They're like Ned Flanders with tinfoil hats, man.
And one of you guys mentioned the jw girls being hot. Dude like seriously,even in those church clothes , there was this one chick who was supposed to help me with a bible study but she was so. I mean dang!
She was just
I was like yeah, hail Jesus witnessing jehova
She was just so fun to look at.
But yeah dude something is of about them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join