It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Yeah, I come home and get those stuffed in our door, too. You're right, they're creepy. The JW's are set up to led astray no matter which way you lean - religious or not.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I think Ket might be referring to the Remnant. The few of the 144,000 left on earth. That's just a guess though.

I don't remember if they go through the tribulation, I know JWs don't believe in the rapture either, which may be correct too

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

But if they've never read the Bible for themselves ... how do they know they are really sharing God's word and not the word of their pastors?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Shana91aus

Yeah, I come home and get those stuffed in our door, too. You're right, they're creepy. The JW's are set up to led astray no matter which way you lean - religious or not.

They opened up my eyes to a lot of things like paying closer attention to what was being taught in the church, then I spent a few years as a pentecostal loved that too, then New Age, Buddhism somewhat, a little here a little there, wanted to research everything , but I never denied Christ.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

But if they've never read the Bible for themselves ... how do they know they are really sharing God's word and not the word of their pastors?

JW's do. 4 chapters a week. Those Psalms are frickin annoying.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think Ket might be referring to the Remnant. The few of the 144,000 left on earth. That's just a guess though.

Weren't they supposed to be part of the generation of 1914? Are there even any left? From what I was taught the end was supposed to come before they all passed away.
edit on 18-10-2014 by pjdonovan70 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2014 by pjdonovan70 because: fixing autocorrect

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

JW's do. 4 chapters a week. Those Psalms are frickin annoying.

Yes I spent a lot of time studying however, it was certain specific scriptures that were the foundations of their teachings that we spent the most time on, that was driven into our heads.

But I don't regret any of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pjdonovan70

Yup. I think that ain't going to pan out as that generation is pretty much not here anymore. Predictions, predictions. Cripes. Imagine what it was like to be 13 and KNOWING the world was going to end next year.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pjdonovan70

Weren't they supposed to be part of the generation of 1914? Are there even any left? From what I was taught the end was supposed to come before they ask passed away.

Man I used to be able to rattle off all this info, I have forgotten so much
carm.org...

That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ’s foretold presence.” 4

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That's what I recall. 1914 was Christs return. Not sayin it's right, just sayin.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yup. I think that ain't going to pan out as that generation is pretty much not here anymore. Predictions, predictions. Cripes. Imagine what it was like to be 13 and KNOWING the world was going to end next year.

two of the three kingdom halls here have closed, I wonder if the numbers are dropping, I haven't had a witness at my door in ages

I think they predicted the end three times or so.

I was raised Methodist and was always terrified the end was near,I;m not so afraid anymore, but I do believe we are entering the end of an age

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The Watchtower was originally very adamant about the literal generation of 1914. They have since subtlely changed this meaning under the justification of "new light."

The meaning of the words of Jesus Christ have been changed by the JW organization. The word "overlap" doesn't appear in the Bible.

"The irresistible conclusion therefore is that Jesus referred to the new creation [the anoited] when he said "This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled." This then would be a strong indication that some members of the new creation will be on the earth at the time of Armageddon." - The Watchtower 1927 Feb 15 p. 62

"The actual meaning of these words is, beyond question, that which takes a "generation" in the ordinary sense, as at Mark 8:12 and Acts 13:36, or for those who are living at the given period. So it was on "this generation" that the accumulated judgements were to fall. (Matt. 23:36) This therefore means that from 1914 a generation shall not pass till all is fulfilled, and amidst a great time of trouble." - The Watchtower 1951 Jul. 1 p. 404

"Some persons living A.D. 1914 when the series of foretold events began will also be living when the series ends with Armageddon. All the events will come within the span of a generation." - The Watchtower 1952 Sep. 1 p. 543

"Was Jesus using the word "generation" is a symbolic way? No, we should not say that the word "generation" here has a symbolic meaning... The "generation" of Matthew 24:34 includes persons alive at the time that the war in heaven began in 1914... Members of that generation will see the end of this world." - Awake! 1962 Sep. 22 p. 27

"Jesus was obviously speaking about those who were old enough to witness with enderstanding what took place when the last days began... Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914..." - Awake! 1968 Oct. 8 p. 13

"Our generation will see the end of the present pressure-ridden order. In fact, there is even good reason to hope that a new order of God's making may being within the present decade... The generation living in 1914 when "these things started to occur" has now grown old... That means that the due time for their full occurrence must be near at hand, very close." - Awake! 1971 Oct. 8 p. 26

"It is the generation of people who saw the catastrophic events that broke forth in connection with World War I from 1914 onward... If you assume that 10 is the age at which an event creates a lasting impression..." - The Watchtower 1980 Oct. 15 p. 31

"If Jesus used "generation" in that sense and we apply it to 1914, then the babies of that generation are now 70 years old or older... Some of them will "by no means pass away until all things occur." - The Watchtower 1984 May 15 p. 5

"Most of the generation of 1914 has passed away. However, there are still millions on earth who were born in that year or prior to it... Jesus' words will come true. "this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened."" - Awake!, 1988 Apr. 8 p. 14

"Remember, Jesus said of those living through the last days starting in 1914:"Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." Yes, peace will really come within this generation but not through the nations' efforts." - The Watchtower 1991 Apr. 15 p. 7

"Therefore, in the final fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy today, "this generation" apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the sign of Christ's presence but fail to mend their ways." - The Watchtower 1995 Nov. 1 p. 19

"As a class, these anoited ones make up the modern-day "generation" of contemporaries that will not pass away "until all these things occur." This suggests that some who are Christ's anoited brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." - The Watchtower 2008 Feb. 15 p. 24

"To what generation did Jesus refer? Jesus was referring, not to the wicked, but to his disciples, who were soon to be anoited with holdy spirit. Jesus' anoited followers, both in the first century and in our day, would be the ones who would not only see the sign but also discren its meaning - that Jesus "is near at the doors." 14 What does this explanantion mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of "this generation," we do well to keep in mind severaal things bout the word "generation:" It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then are we to understand Jesus' words about "this generation?" He evidently meant that the lives of the anoited who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anoited ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." - The Watchtower 2010 Apr. 15

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That's what I recall. 1914 was Christs return. Not sayin it's right, just sayin.

He did return. We know him as Bob.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

TDLR, "It's stupid to try to delineate god's timeline." Or that's how I read it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

There are a lot of different ideas on who the 144,000 are. I know for JWs, they think the 144,000 are the ones who are chosen to actually reign beside Christ. I think the early Puritans were similar in that they believed that only a few were actually saved, and those few were born that way (predetermined). So, JWs are not dissimilar there.

There is also the thought that the 144,000 are the only Jews who will survive, too.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You were raised Methodist and got end times stuff?

I was raised Methodist and never heard about it at all except for the nice verse at the very end about I am coming soon.

We must have had very different Methodist congregations, and the minister I grew up with an old battleax fire and brimstone kind of guy.

I had no idea what Apocalypse was until I read the book for myself to see what it was all about, and then a high school boyfriend's youth group was showing some not so good Left Behind style movies.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
There is nothing much suggesting Jesus was the messiah...

I believe God may actually disagree...

He's usually right BTW...

“I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!” ~ John 8:58

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

God was made manifest in the flesh. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. ~ Heb. 1:2

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

edit on 18-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Do you really think God needs billions of new angels, sure he lost some to Satan, but if at creation he created enough why does he need to add so many new ones now ?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
two of the three kingdom halls here have closed, I wonder if the numbers are dropping, I haven't had a witness at my door in ages

I keep seeing references about a mass exodus of JW's...

Has a mass exodus begun in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Desperation! THE MASS EXODUS HAS BEGUN.

The internet is the most powerful external weapon against the Watchtower. The most powerful internal one is themselves. With all the rapid fire desperate changes taking place in The Watchtower, the more savvy, acute Jehovah's Witness will begin to see all this maneuvering for what it is, Desperation. Every new light has new questioners. Virtually none of the children who have not been baptized will ever stay in the religion once they are adults, and hardly anyone from the field is attracted to the organization.

It's truly exciting to see the early stages of the COLLAPSE OF THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION.

Update : Most of their real estate has been sold off, Kingdom Halls are "compressing", Bethelites and missionaries are being sent home, 20 Branch Offices shutdown, Watchtower format changed to public issues and private issues, more and more judicial committee meetings being held for apostasy. (THE WATCHTOWER IS DEAD IT JUST HASN'T FALLEN OVER YET! The Watchtower officials are "dividing up the booty" and getting out of Dodge!

answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 18-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
MUST read books for Jehovah's Witnesses who have any doubt about whether or not the JW organization is a cult...

If you want to learn the truth of the JW’s I suggest you read two books by Raymond Franz “Crisis of Conscience” and “In Search of Christian Freedom”. Franz was born into the JW’s, his parents already involved with them for many years. During his 60 years with them Franz served at every level including serving as one of the ‘governing body’ for 10 years, the highest level possible to reach in this organization. During his life long membership with them Franz witnessed many atrocities that caused him to leave this Satanic cult. I strongly suggest that anyone wishing to know more about the JW’s read these two books which expose the JW’s for what they truly are, I assure you, you will be stunned beyond belief when you read the heartless schemes of this joyless religion.

thewatchtowerfiles.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join