It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

If anything, the Immanuel prophecy is yet another proof Jesus was NOT the messiah. When people tried to make him the messiah, he ran to the hills and hid. Jesus wasn't the promised messiah. Making him one put him in plenty trouble and real danger and was a claim Jesus argued against and why he was crucified. There is nothing much suggesting Jesus was the messiah in fact, the verses Paul used could be dedicated to anyone really.

This is the great lie of the Christ conspiracy, that everything rests upon. That Immanuel means Jesus or that the given prophecy where the Messiah is to be called Immanuel was somehow fulfilled by someone named Jesus. I still have yet to see anyone deliver any shred of explanation for that Immanuel verse. That's what I'll do today. Research this supposed revelation that the Immanuel prophecy was fulfilled by someone being christened Jesus. Expect a thread soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

How does that reflect on what Francis said?

There is an old saying.

"Follow the money."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I see you didn't answer my question.

So does Satan, he 'shared' God's Word with the Lord Jesus Christ when tempting Him as well

I guess I missed the part where the two ladies asked Francis Chan to throw himself off the temple wall, or turn rocks into loaves of bread.

I also missed the part where they asked Francis to bow down to them.

Christ established the Christian Congregation.

He trained the Apostles to continue spreading the Good News of God's Kingdom.

A real Kingdom that Christ himself will establish on this earth.

Many preachers are well paid to speak to a receptive audience.

Jehovah's Witnesses follow Christ's command to preach from house to house.

My brother is learning Arabic to teach people about Jesus Christ and his coming Kingdom.

My brother does this out of his own pocket....

Our website is translated in 691 languages.

I think almost all of our publications, the most important of which is The Bible, are now available to download free.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Nicely put.

See.
Many including myself used to slam the door in faces of Jehovah's witnesses......

Because........people follow the rest.
Let me guess...
bible bashers
cranks
nutcases....

All influence the way you see them.

yet?......
Do you see churches of gold?
Do you pay for their time?
Nope.
it probably costs them more seeing you and to many who knock would probably if anyone else prefer not to do it.

I am my religion though.
I am my church.

My reasons are because I have seen what we are capable of. Hastily jumping into wars. Allowing money to decide life.

I have faith in God but I'm not going to sit here poking holes in anothers faith/religion.

One bad christian doesnt mean all christians are arseholes and the same goes for Muslims and Buddhists.

Yet.....what religions are these leaders globally of nations who continue to throw nation against nation sacrificing nothing themselves other than the lives of others?

These people lost in wars wheyher military or civilian. ......ARE LOVED ONES!

And......ultimately all of God.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sorry forgot to say its probably the reason why theres an urgency to swap from human military personel to AI and drones.......
Takes the human factor out of the equation completely considering soon many will refuse orders regardless of nationality.

Senders will be held to account.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What happened to all that NYC Real Estate the WTS owned? I hear its been sold,wheres the money honey?

The J.Ws have a history of believing that Jesus lived on another planet and they practice human sacrifice by refusing blood transfusions.

I would go with Door #2 and pick the LDS ers .they believe the same stuff kinda but at least they dont sacrifice each other and they are well prepared and carry guns,its up to you when you shop for a religon I guess.

The J.Ws are the Sheep from which the Wolf shall reap,they have been marked by numbers as the Sheep of the Sacrifice.

That sounds creepy doesnt it huh?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is a great topic. I grew up a JW, and disassociated myself when I was 24. I could go on or hours with stories of what I went through as a teenager in this religion. I would love one of them to come to my door. I would drive them crazy with some of the questions I have for them and their beliefs. They are not bad people, they are just brain washed by the watchtower bible and tract society or as the poster referred to as Bethel. Thank you for posting this, I am enjoying following this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

That is correct their way is considered by them as the only truth, when I eventually had a student, I was giving my first lesson , faced with some great questions by the student I realized I couldn't teach something I didn't believe, so I quit.

Although I found much of Russel's biblical interruptions rang true.

What is sad is he delved deep into finding the truth in scripture but his followers stopped searching and stuck with his doctrine, deciding not to think for themselves, although they are wonderful people.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
I never heard they believed Jesus lived on another planet, but he could.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I was never taught that as one of them. We were taught that Jesus was actually Michael the arch angel.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny

originally posted by: VelvetSplash

originally posted by: ladyteeny
the JW cult is insidious. i find it ridiculous that supposed grown people can't see that living by the words of someone that lived a mere 100 years ago is utterly wrong.

A lot of people find it ridiculous and insidious that supposed grown people live their lives by the words of someone who supposedly lived 2,000 years ago (you know who) or 1,400 years ago (yes, the other one).

agreed. i'm one of them. as far as i'm concerned the bible is nothing but a work of fiction anyway. catholic boarding school helped me see that one!

NO Lady it is not all fiction, there is a lot of historical truth in the Bible

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Where did people get JHVH as opposed to YHWH? I don't care for these egotistical men from the dark ages messing so much with modern language. The internet just says it is an alternative, we are not talking about slang but a correct origin. I can prove these egotistical men from the dark ages had nothing but mockery as an intention for the English language. Things like Son being the same as Sun. That is not a coincidence, they wanted people to say Son of God in reference to the sun. It is all a lie, every story about Jesus is a pagan metaphor. It is all astonishing, to see just how much the early fathers of the church set out ways to trick humanity for 1,000s of years. Even the creation of Sunday to be the sabbath is a complete lie, but a day dedicated to the Sun, in order to lie and trick people for 1,000s of years. This is why I despise humanity now, because they are not my bothers or sisters, they are a rotten genepool of selfish ambition, in order to create negativity and falsification into the world, and friends when you go out in today's modern world that is all you see - hate and selfishness, an overwhelming display of showing apathy to fellow human beings. Whatever they can do to show that they do not care, they will do. Then you have people like in this thread coming up with entire belief structures based on a preminition. These people are brainwashed because they cannot take the hard route of deciphering evidence to learn truth, they just take the easy stupid and idiotic route of being so stubborn that it creates an ever burning fire of delusion, they are so pathetic, they don't deserve to be called human at that point, haters or sheeple are too nice of words for them, they are rotten evil maggots who unknowingly (because they are so stupid) love to suck anything and everything positive from human souls. And these dumb animals are who we have to deal with today, so forget about justice, forget about fairness, forget about equality, just know all they want is evil and they won't shut up until they ge it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In fact the JW's are so lost it will be impossible for them to learn anything real or true. Most of the world has not learned it yet, partly because of a cover up. But for all you ignorant out there I will open the gate for you to reject me like a selfish dumb child. The truth about Jesus, and all Christianity for that matter, is the Dead Sea Scrolls. For all you unknowing out there. The Dead Sea Scrolls weren't books written to preserve the Old Testament, in truth the Scrolls were indeed the actual new testament, before it was touched by the evil wicked pagan hands of the Romans. Everything the Romans added to religion, which today is still Christianity, is a lie.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

But for all you ignorant out there I will open the gate for you to reject me like a selfish dumb child.

Lol what a way with words you have there. Oh great teacher we do not want to be selfish dumb children by not listening to you now do we!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fopicon

Takes a lot of guts to talk about your past. S&F!

I too have JW relatives and sometimes it is like talking to a tree.

JW is a dangerous cult and they are lost.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: Fopicon

Takes a lot of guts to talk about your past. S&F!

I too have JW relatives and sometimes it is like talking to a tree.

JW is a dangerous cult and they are lost.

Perception is everything. You are looking at it from yours and they may think the same themselves. Guess what? For both of you? You're both right.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Actually I thought they were supposed to be 144,000 people who were sealed by the Lord to go through the Tribulation and all the persecution and survive. Their job is to bear witness right up until the end.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pjdonovan70

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I was never taught that as one of them. We were taught that Jesus was actually Michael the arch angel.

right me too

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The 144,000 are the only ones to rule in heaven with god, the rest of us live on paradise earth

I still believe in an earthly paradise, made new, I don't believe in hell, I think they are wrong about their 144,000 thingy though

edit on 073131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 073131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I think Ket might be referring to the Remnant. The few of the 144,000 left on earth. That's just a guess though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join