It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appeals court restores tough Texas voter ID law - October 15th ruling by the 5th Circuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: links234
Here are the Texas acceptable forms of ID:
A voter will be required to show one of the following forms of photo identification at the polling location before the voter will be permitted to cast a vote.
•Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
•Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
•Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
•Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
•United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
•United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
•United States passport

I have to concede, all parties should get behind the anti voter ID law IN THIS INSTANCE in Texas. There aren't enough acceptable forms of ID to vote. I can only imagine myself at 19 and not being a licensed driver, I wouldn't be able to vote because I didn't have any of those other documents (but I could have gotten an ID card). There are thousands of unlicensed drivers and with the new requirements in many states to prove identity, it could be hairy getting a license. (I don't know if the same documents are required for an ID card so my argument would change depending on the accessibility of one.) The thread by Destinyone (www.abovetopsecret.com...) showed her difficulty in getting a renewal of her license and it was shocking. I think many may be eating crow when it comes time to get their own renewals. The big cities would most likely be more affected.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join