It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS: Is the US overly confident about Ebola control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Source
An interesting read, albeit nothing new if you've been following except the numbers in this:

And there, unfortunately, we have some very bad news. Today, for the first time in WHO’s situation — daily situation report assessing how things are moving along, they had to concede they had no data from Liberia. It’s gotten so bad and so extensive that nobody really can even come up with numbers to put forward. So the numbers you led with, roughly 9,000 cumulative cases and roughly approaching 5,000 deaths, everybody now admits these numbers are not even close to providing a reflection of reality, that it is almost certainly well over 22,000 cumulative cases at this point and approaching 15,000 or 16,000 deaths.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

The "gaps" in protective wear included exposed necks. The nurses in Dallas were told to wrap medical tape around their necks and all would be just hunky dory.. I wish I was making this up, but I'm not. Good post.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
PBS Newshour -- Judy Woodruff talks to Laurie Garrett of the Council on Foreign Relations

edit on 16-10-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

I read that, absolutely awful. I've been hearing that the WHO's reports are grossly understated for several months now but never an actual statement on the numbers.

Funny enough at the fire station a block and a half away from my house there has been an emergency alarm going off of for the last ~15 minutes. 9 years I've lived here through many fires and never heard this alarm. My OCD/paranoia are getting out of hand because of how horrible the reality of this could be, all I can think is Ebola these days. Nothing to suggest there is a case remotely close but WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS ALARM BEEN FOR ALMOST A DECADE?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Absolutely. We have completely underestimated this thing, and we're still not taking proper precautions.

It's easy to wonder if it isn't deliberate, but then every day I go out and deal with the public on the roads and in my daily errands, and I realize that I was smarter than today's average Joe when I was 12!!

Something major has changed in the west when JerseyShore/TOWIE are popular TV shows, your average person can't do basic math, "twerking" is a thing, and people have fatal car crashes taking "selfies" .....

No, it's not deliberate, the modern human has just become so stupid that we can't respond with logic and efficacy to ANYTHING anymore. Add the molasses pace of bureaucracy into the mix and well...

--------------------------------------WERE FÜÜCK3D!-------------------------------
edit on 16-10-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join