It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness adds new perspective to Ferguson Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
a reply to: feldercarb

I didn't refer to that person as a professor, no, I just quoted mainstream media.

You linked a blog, which admits the real medical examiner on the second autopsy was Dr. Michael Baden.

But Mr. Parcells was emphatic Dr. Baden, who did review the pre-embalming photographs Mr. Parcells took, was physically present and conducted the official second forensic examination of Mr. Brown’s body on August 17th.

Maybe Dr. Baden is not real? Your blog link was really a hit piece that contradicted itself.

Question. Has Dr. Baden backed up Mr Parcells' claim that Dr. Baden conducted the second autopsy? Did Dr. Baden outline which procedures he performed and which procedures that Mr. Parcells performed? This might be some good informatiion to know. Also, was the second autopsy performed post embalming? That's not good either.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

"HE was coming RIGHT at me" Uh, sir, he was 25 ft. away. So was he coming or going? He ran 30 ft away, came back 5 ft and that was determined to be the threat he is killed for?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I am asking you to take into account that the scuffle did not happen the way you want me to account it as happening.
Why can't it be that that shot was cause Brown was tying to get away, and Wilson was not having it. I guess we need to wait until the first autopsy to confirm that lack of GSR on Brown.
And are you saying that if he really was staggering forward then he should still be seen as a reasonable threat? How can one be a threat if they are unable to control their own body?

I just want the officer to be able to handle one man that is 20-30 feet away from him with out killing him as a first resort and not a last.
And yes, training that is not "If you think for even a second that this person may be armed or that this person may harm you in anyway, shoot him" could lead to people not getting killed by cops when they are unarmed.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

I keep a good eye on the Ferguson threads here, and you're right about truth succumbing to certain biases. Ignorance reigns supreme in certain topics.

Sometimes I think folks want all hell to break loose so they can point their fingers at what they perceive as Ghetto's.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I only get what I read in the newspaper online or what I see in the news or snippets online. I do not get first hand experience. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of protesting. Yes it may raise awareness but it is also intimidating at times. Too much anger involved. I would like for solutions to be proposed. Note, I am also not a big fan of race for the cures and other such fundraisers. If you believe in the cause, give the money. You should not need publicity stunts to further a cause. Pardon my french but "boobies" are near and dear to both genders. Prostates, colons, brains and other organs are not. The funding and fundraisers unfortunately show that to be true.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If he was shot and killed during the struggle then it's totally justified but he was shot after it from a distance while unarmed. I thought that would be unjustified but I guess not. Thanks for enlightening me on how every large man is a superpowered ninja warrior of death.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I am asking you to take into account that the scuffle did not happen the way you want me to account it as happening.
Why can't it be that that shot was cause Brown was tying to get away, and Wilson was not having it. I guess we need to wait until the first autopsy to confirm that lack of GSR on Brown.
And are you saying that if he really was staggering forward then he should still be seen as a reasonable threat? How can one be a threat if they are unable to control their own body?

I just want the officer to be able to handle one man that is 20-30 feet away from him with out killing him as a first resort and not a last.
And yes, training that is not "If you think for even a second that this person may be armed or that this person may harm you in anyway, shoot him" could lead to people not getting killed by cops when they are unarmed.

That is why I say we need to fix the underlying problems and not the symptoms. If there was less attitude, pride, ego and machoism in society, then there would be less reason for the police to be aggressive. Just by being courteous, polite, nice to the police you can ratchet down a situation. Likewise, by being rude, offensive, hostile, arrogant to a police person, you can ratchet up the response you receive from the police. I admit that I am a Caucasian that has good and bad occurrences with law enforcement. I have learned that being less hostile goes a long way when dealing with the police.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I don't see as much anger as determination. If Ferguson had not shown their initial anger, then we can all be assured it would be business as usual with law enforcement abuses up there and everywhere else.

We all hate the brutal police state that so many U.S citizens have to defend themselves against. Not many people, certainly not a lot of white people have made serious moves toward demanding change. We can thank the black populations out in the streets breathing the tear gas and taking the hits for all of us.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

A lot depends on if there was a scuffle with weapon discharge and injury. That affects the mentality of a person and usually gets factored into the decision.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Also the theft by police when they say that your money may have committed a crime but they don't accuse you.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

To be honest, for the past 6 weeks I've been in rehab so I haven't been able to follow this case as much as I would've liked but I've been reading about it lately , trying to gather information on it but I've missed a lot of threads on here. But from what I've seen it sure seems like a remix of the Trayvon case (IE. people really wanted the "thug" to be the bad guy - their words). This thread just proves it. To claim a 180 degree change because of this new info...it's just like it's written by someone living a universe far far away from the real world. Didn't really expect this much racism from people who claim they DENY ignorance. I always thought the majority of ATS were really intelligent people. (well, the majority is probably, it's just the loud minority that always ruins things)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Good luck with your new start.

I think that you just described perfectly what "grasping at straws" means.

I love St. Louis and the surrounding areas, hell I adore the whole state, as backward and primitive as it can get here, it is also just as friendly and warm. This is a very unique city and we all know it. It won't get too crazy here, too much to loose.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Not too sure about it not going crazy. Too many difference sides have too many different agendas. I hope you are correct but I am just not as certain as you are.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The folks that have racists tendencies will hide out in their homes and vent their hatred in nice safe places online somewhere. The folks that are going to use Browns death to make positive change have always been peaceful and will continue to do so. Change in Ferguson could mean change in all police departments.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
I did a little digging, I did read it.

Prof. Parcells said a wound on Brown’s right arm was “consistent with a witness statement” that Brown was first shot while facing away from Wilson,

Darren Wilson Autopsy - Newsweek

Did you read the whole quote? Not taking sides here but you cherry-picked to fit your perspective that you wanted...
The whole quote is below...with the missing portion emphasized by me.

Prof. Parcells said a wound on Brown’s right arm was “consistent with a witness statement” that Brown was first shot while facing away from Wilson, but he stressed that he and Dr. Baden could not determine conclusively the trajectories of the bullets that hit Brown—or which direction he was moving—when he was shot. The wounds “could be consistent with going forward or going backward,” Dr. Baden said.

While they say it is "consistent", they cannot conclusively state it is absolute. Specifically they even state that the wounds "could be consistent with going forward or going backwards,"....hard to use this quote as some gotcha moment.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sremmos80

This story will get twisted 16 ways from next Sunday by tomorrow.

The phones are ringing.

The dogs are barking.

I'm sure your phone is ringing off the hook (yeah..right...while rolling my eyes)....and dogs are barking (at least somewhere nearby you there's a pissed off canine or two). Besides, they're probably barking at you anyway (sarc intended). However, the question still stands...

WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY? DO you know? DO you have the answers? DID you see what happened? WERE you there? No? If not...HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CAST JUDGEMENT ON ANYONE?

So lame and very becoming of your usual biased posted crap. What a disappointment....but not really!

ETA
Should not have stepped in this thread...but oh well. Now going back to getting my Visa...I'm outta here! I want to help people, not judge them. But you my dear, are the exception

edit on 10/16/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Unarmed black man killed at a distance after a misdemeanor. That's enough for me. Maybe I'd be less biased if I didn't see so much ignorant racism and blatant police corruption and brutality occurring all over America.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
If he was shot and killed during the struggle then it's totally justified but he was shot after it from a distance while unarmed. I thought that would be unjustified but I guess not. Thanks for enlightening me on how every large man is a superpowered ninja warrior of death.

well as you can see from the southpark clip i posted those animals were clearly a danger to the people....dangerous and violent animals

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I forgot to respond to your thread...how rude of me

Crap!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

South park is a never ending font of wisdom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join