It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness adds new perspective to Ferguson Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

He had just been shot three times
He took one step and was shot. I would love to see anyone be able to stay still or prevent them self's from going forward after getting shot three times.

Yes we can use this "the officer was in fear for his life" until we are blue in the face. It doesn't make it right or 'reasonable'

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

You are ignoring some factors in the case. One, there may have been a struggle between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson just prior to the shooting. Two, there may have been a weapon discharge within Officer Wilson's vehicle due to a struggle between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson. Three, Officer Wilson may have been injured during a scuffle between Michael Brown and Officer Wilson. Also, unfortunately, Michael Brown was also 6'4" and a well built individual and may have shown aggressive tendencies toward Officer Wilson.

When you have gone near a cop have you struggled with the cop? Have you attempted to take the officer's weapon? When you approached the officer did you cause the officer injury? Have you acted in a hostile manner towards the officer? All of these factors along with your body type will need to be factored in when determining if a shooting is "justified".

And just for good measure. Do you know if the suspect is high on PCP? If there is any question that the person is on PCP, then the police will continue to shot. May not be 100% fair but the officer is allowed to protect themselves if they deem a situation to be potentially harmful to themselves. Only a review of the background information can determine if the shooting is "justified"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
"HE was coming RIGHT at me"

Uh, sir, he was 25 ft. away.

So was he coming or going? He ran 30 ft away, came back 5 ft and that was determined
to be the threat he is killed for?

I'm still leaning that he turned around, only after he was shot. Wasn't there a medical exam
that determined this? I could swear I thought I read he was shot at least once from behind.

Bottom line< someone is not a threat unarmed 25 ft. away, even if they are coming at you thats what tazers are for.
Bring a gun to a fist fight you're gonna look like an ass.

I did a little digging, I did read it.

Prof. Parcells said a wound on Brown’s right arm was “consistent with a witness statement” that Brown was first shot while facing away from Wilson,

Darren Wilson Autopsy - Newsweek
edit on 16-10-2014 by nrd101 because: added link

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

How can one ignore something that may have happened?

And of course lets just shoot and kill and say "Well I thought he was on PCP, so I killed him"

edit on thThu, 16 Oct 2014 01:23:41 -0500America/Chicago1020144180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh don't worry what I might think.

I won't be doing any damage.

Somebody else will.

This story will get twisted 16 ways from next Sunday by tomorrow.

The phones are ringing.

The dogs are barking.

The only twisting of this article and the witness testimony is happening here, with just a couple of ATS members.

Try reading the news piece in it's entirety. The witness is backing up the sentiment of Ferguson and much of the rest of the country. Brown was murdered by police.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Okay, he was shot three times prior. But all of those shots were to the arm. None of those shots are to the main portion of the body. Those shots are not incapacitating. That makes a difference too. Michael Brown did not seem to be incapacitated or willing to stop before Officer Wilson continued to shot. Yes, Michael may have been struggling to move forward but he was still trying to move forward. Unfortunately, that can make you seem to be still "hostile" in the eyes of the officer.
edit on 16-10-2014 by feldercarb because: added seem

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

The autopsy was inconclusive towards the facing of Michael Brown with regards to Officer Wilson. Need more evidence to be more specific.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Personally I could care less. After seeing what he did just before getting shot, Michael Brown is now just one less thug I have to worry about clubbing me in the head and taking my wallet.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Wow!! Did you really just say you know where the first three hit brown?
How could you possibly know that?
Look up the definition of staggering, which is what the witness in OP said he was doing and then come back and tell me he was 100% under his own power and choosing to walk forward.
And while your out, find me the source that has the break done of what shots hit where in order.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Darren Brown Autopsy - Newsweek

Prof. Parcells said a wound on Brown’s right arm was “consistent with a witness statement” that Brown was first shot while facing away from Wilson,

Evidence? One medical examiners opinion against anothers?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

You are referring to this person as a professor?

Shawn Parcells makes national news

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Good to know, you don't care what he did or did not do, since he committed a theft, he need to die.

Cops killing people is not a big deal if they committed a crime at one point

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Personally I could care less. After seeing what he did just before getting shot, Michael Brown is now just one less thug I have to worry about clubbing me in the head and taking my wallet.

Do you live in Ferguson, or near by somewhere?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Wow!! Did you really just say you know where the first three hit brown?
How could you possibly know that?

That was from the second autopsy. I do admit there are some questions as to the validity of that autopsy. Also according to that autopsy; the fatal shots were the last fired. Just going with what is out there. We do need the first autopsy to be sure of events.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I care and I do live in St Louis and have spent a lot of my time in North Saint Louis County. This has been an unfortunate incident. But I don't agree with the methods of the protesters. We need solutions that deal with the problem and not just being angry over the symptoms. Fix the problem and the symptoms will lessen and may go away.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

From what I recall of that autopsy, they only said that it was possible that it was one of the last two shots that could have killed him, not that they knew where each bullet hit in order.
Lets say I am mistaken, I'll put my foot in my mouth done it plenty, how can you say that he was unwilling to stop or just reacting to getting shot?
I can't say I would know what I would do if I got shot, let alone what someone else would do.

The very witness you posted about claims that he was staggering and unable to keep his balance from the first round of shots, why does that not matter in your thread?
You seem to agree this offers a new perspective as the title of the article indicates, what perspective is that?
The witness thinks it was murder, which seems to be the current perspective of the community

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm in St. Louis also. Have you been seeing any of the recent protesting going on?

I have a few friends up in Ferguson that keep me posted, and everything is peaceful but for the occasional outside instigator.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I didn't refer to that person as a professor, no, I just quoted mainstream media.

You linked a blog, which admits the real medical examiner on the second autopsy was Dr. Michael Baden.

But Mr. Parcells was emphatic Dr. Baden, who did review the pre-embalming photographs Mr. Parcells took, was physically present and conducted the official second forensic examination of Mr. Brown’s body on August 17th.

Maybe Dr. Baden is not real? Your blog link was really a hit piece that contradicted itself.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Okay, I am willing to agree that we are uncertain of the order in which each shot struck Michael Brown. Let's wait for the results from the first autopsy.

As per the staggering and unable to keep his balance, okay that would seem to indicate that Michael Brown may not continue to resist. But, if Michael Brown continued to move forward then it is likely that a person could still consider Michael to be a threat to their person. I am asking you to factor in that a scuffle may have occurred with the officer. The officer's weapon may have been discharged in his vehicle. The officer may have been injured during the supposed scuffle. All of those factors affect the judgement of the officer. No amount of training can fully prepare anyone for the situation that may have occurred.

You are wanting the officer to be calm and objective in the situation. Unfortunately, the situation does not allow anyone to remain calm and objective. The entire situation may cause the shooting to be "justified". Like I am saying you are trying to be calm and rational in an emotional situation. That does not normally occur within that type of situation and as a society we give some latitude in an officer's discretion due to those circumstances.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Some of the posts on ATS can get so hysterical in these kind of events. Trayvon was a thug who deserved death due to his history according to some. This guy, people are clutching at straws to find something dirty on him. Like "OH NO HE DIDN'T RAISE HIS HANDS AAAAALLLL THE WAY TO THE SKY WHEN HE PUT THEM UP!!" I mean seriously? 20 feet away?? This is not Dhalzim we're talking about!! Nothing about this new info. is 180 at all...

Truthfully, I had more expectations since I'm on a site that's been known for its outstanding search for truth and great logo that says "DENY IGNORANCE" but it seems to me that when it comes to race issues the ignorance rides high and it's a damn shame too.

100!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join