It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the U.S. receive assistance from other American nations in a war against Russia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was curious about how people felt about a couple of things.
So I will get straight to the point.

How would the United States defend itself against Russia?
Would the nations of North and South America defend and assist the United States against a major war with Russia??
If you believe so, can you please state why and the specific nations/players that would be involved on a major scale.
If you do not think so, you can also tell us why.

Thank You.

edit on 15-10-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: Correction

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I doubt anyone would actually help the US except Australia.
Australia would be busy with China though.

It would end up going to big guns though.
Maybe nukes...more likely biological from Russia.
Not much gun to gun... troops face to face.
Mostly WMD and we'd all be screwed.
edit on 15-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

May I ask who "us" is or perhaps you meant the rest of the watchers of this thread?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadys321
the ATS'ers including myself.

Ats has some of you way too paranoid. LOL.
I can't even construct a logical, sensible scenario that could explain the 'us' in any other way.
edit on 15-10-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good question. I have no answers but this brings another question . Would merica let anyone help?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I was honestly just curious, as over the years I've noticed a few things.

There's a difference between being paranoid and being aware.

As for the topic- I believe a war between two of the worlds most powerful nuclear-armed nations would suck most, if not nearly all nations on this planet into it, willing or not. What side everyone decides to go to when SHTF remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Of course Australia would be there, we've been there for everything else, but you would owe us big time for this one,lol

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think Canada would there our allies and we look out for each other economically and militarily possibly mexico also but they are at war already and have alot of problems already. and possibly Columbia we have alot of pull there and work together on the drug war already.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Would America need any help? Yeah America is a failing nation at this point, but militarily it still has the edge.

I'm doubtfull that any one country, or even a coalition at this point could take the US down in a war situation without at least causing their own country to be a smoking hole in the process.

The best way to destroy the US is the way it is currently occurring, from within by our own politicians selling us out, and by other entities basically buying us up. That's your end game right there.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I doubt United States would get any help from much of South America due to CIA track record in South America. Brazil is also a member of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa). Canada would help US because of Nato and the countries in EU that are Nato would help out if it is business as usual.

But if United States keeps pissing of the nations of EU for a couple of years more that might change.
edit on 15-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
I imagine a number of countries would help if possible. Why? America never had to put Aup a wall to keep people in. Russia did. People all over the world want to move to America. Russia? Not so much. Despite the current dysfunction of our government, it is still a form of democracy whereas Russia is a rubber stamp dictatorship.
America has made many missteps though its overseas and south of the border CIA and corporate crimes, but has also sent a great deal of aid throughout the world. Russia? Eh, again.... not so much. So why fight alongside America? Because the alternative would be Russia. And Russia, SUCKS. Russia's friends? Mostly dictatorships (though America has supported way too many of THOSE!). With all the talk about money inequality in America, it is more severe in Russia, with the Oligarchs owning most of everything. Freedom of the Press? Not in Russia. Freedom of Speech? Not in Russia. Consider all the Obama haters on ATS. Rants and Raves are Rampant. Try that with Putin in Russia? Jail for you! He will close down your radio station, tv station, newspaper, magazine..... he is a dictator. He forced the Russian constitution to let him rule again. Bill of Rights? Not in Russia!
Who would fight with America? Anyone that prefers freedom. Fight or be enslaved.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
Of course Australia would be there, we've been there for everything else, but you would owe us big time for this one,lol

I agree. I think very few American countries would help. Canada, Europe, and maybe some Asian allies such as Japan, Philippines, S Korea, Vietnam. Depends on if China is also involved. Russia really does not have the capabilities to challenge the US in any sort of conventional war.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Would America need any help? Yeah America is a failing nation at this point, but militarily it still has the edge.

I'm doubtfull that any one country, or even a coalition at this point could take the US down in a war situation without at least causing their own country to be a smoking hole in the process.

The best way to destroy the US is the way it is currently occurring, from within by our own politicians selling us out, and by other entities basically buying us up. That's your end game right there.

Quite honestly the entire world could not take on America and win right now. 10 or 20 years from now that may no longer be the case.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't think they would. I think they've been a bully for way too long. People eventually outsmart the bully.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It would never happen. We make by far better aggressors than Russia or any other country pretty much.
Therefore it would be a matter of Russia defending against us.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"Quite honestly the entire world could not take on America and win right now. 10 or 20 years from now that may no longer be the case. " Seriously? We didn't win in Afghanistan and we didn't win in Libya,we didn't win Vietnam and we had a draw in Korea. So tell me how the rest of the world total can't take us when we couldn't even route out a turban wearing kidney diseased so called terrorist in Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think the United States would get support from Australia, Canada, and Britain, and probably a bunch of support in the form of talking from everyone else (especially France), but I don't think the United States would need much support.

For starters, Russia will not invade the U.S. mainland (nor any other country in the foreseeable future). Foreign boots on the ground in the United States is absolute insanity. We have one of the most heavily armed populations in the world, who have some of the most dangerous weapons in the world for any invading army (deer rifles with scopes - aka sniper rifles). Many of these gun owners are skilled with their weapons - they hunt and/or are veterans (not to mention the U.S. probably has more trained combat veterans than any nation right now). We have a huge population, spread out across an enormous land area, and that land area has resources out the wazoo for the use of said population. We have skilled workers... Many of these workers are skilled in technological and practical application which would be very useful in guerrilla warfare (machinists, for instance, who can build weapons).

Then there is our geography... If you invade from the west, first thing you hit is a massive population, then a dessert, and then the freaking Rocky Mountains. After that, your army needs to advance across one of the largest plains in the world with no place to hide. If you make it through that, then you have to cross one of the largest natural barriers in the world - the Mississippi River! Once across, you hit the Appalachians, which are full of, historically, some of the most notoriously pesky rednecks on planet earth (as far as governments are concerned), whom all have plenty of firearms as well. And if, you make it through that, then you hit one of the most concentrated populations in the world - the East Coast of the United States.

Likewise, if you try going from east to west you get even more insane! I don't think any military strategist would try to go that way. And to get in the middle first, you'd have to come down through Canada (not going to go well with the Canadians or Britain or the U.S.), or if you came in from the South you'd have to either traverse all the way around the world and come in through the Atlantic (not likely considering the U.S. has a huge Navy), or come across the Pacific and go through Panama (a deadly bottleneck for advancing forces). One other option is to go in through Mexico and up through Texas, but that is about as dumb as trying to stop a bunch of rednecks in the Appalachians from slaughtering you with hunting rifles.

It just makes no sense to even attempt invading the United States. We also have a huge Navy and Air Force and two enormous oceans between us and the rest of the world. And if it is a nuclear war, who could possibly support the U.S.? And would it even matter?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

How would the United States defend itself against Russia?

I think the only nation that needs to "defend" is Russia. Russia will never attack the US. It ridiculous to think they would.

Would the nations of North and South America defend and assist the United States against a major war with Russia??

Canada yes...you can forget about the rest....

Nobody likes you...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why do we need to have a war with Russia? I don't know of any compelling reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Does this mean that the USA and it's cronies are stopping their meddling abroad? How exactly is Russia invading?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join