It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So on Nov. 4, the 27-year-old assembly-line worker and hip-hop musician from a deeply Democratic community plans to take bold action. He says he will vote for a white Republican. “Just because they’ve got the D next to their name, that don’t mean nothing,” said Seals, who lives a few blocks from where a police officer shot Brown. “The world is watching us right now. It’s time to send a message of our power.” Many African Americans in Ferguson and across St. Louis County, angered over their leaders’ response to the fatal shooting, say they will be taking their outrage to the ballot box and voting against a Democratic Party that has long been their automatic choice.

source...

www.washingtonpost.com... 153e466a02d_story.html?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

things that make you go hmmmm...

what do you think, ATS?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The world-wide alarm clock has been ringing for quite some time! More and more continue to "wake up"!
While their claim may, or may not come to fruition, speaking out about it should have a compulsory effect, regardless.
Let's see where it goes...
It does beg the question, though... What will the Democrats do, to win them back?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

thanks for your reply, trying to fix link , but i seem not able to.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

ok , can't fix link. it's there at washingtonpost.com . i have it bookmarked , it goes there when i click, but copy/pasteing the link seems to not work for some reason. my bad sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party
If they think voting for Republicans will make things better then they are in for a surprise. They should start voting for people who aren't Republican or Democrat they have been in control of this nation for the last 150 years and they have failed at their job. Vote none of the above.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

thanks for help with the link. here's more of the article..

“This is about the total disrespect white Democrats have demonstrated against the black community,” he said. “This time, we are going to show them.”

seems they are somewhat disturbed at their elected officials?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
" Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party "

It's about time somebody sees through the mirage.

"Decades Without Solutions" should be the new theme song.

The Democrat controlled St Louis County Ferguson Failure comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i have the same feelings as Buster, and i don't think they're gonna find what they're looking for in either party.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy
a reply to: xuenchen

i have the same feelings as Buster, and i don't think they're gonna find what they're looking for in either party.

Probably not.

Libertarians maybe ?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's what the Missouri Libertarian party says on Ferguson:

While some might describe the tragic events in Ferguson as "anarchy", in reality, the opposite is true. The situation unfolding is not anarchy, rather it is the predictable result of persistent and egregious state intervention on multiple fronts, writ large.

The twin atrocities of the racist War on Drugs and the Patriot Act have given us police that, while once called "peace officers", are now increasingly indistinguishable from the military. We now have police utilizing tanks and other military equipment, no-knock SWAT raids, warrantless spying, financially incentivized asset forfeiture - pre-conviction and often pre-charge, unreasonable search and seizure, racial profiling, increasing criminalization of self-defense, thousands of victimless "crimes" and a general lack of any meaningful due process. In this environment of trampled civil liberties, it's no surprise that the shooting by police of an unarmed young man is the spark that ignites a community that's had enough.
- lpmo.org

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that the only way to fix this mess is to return the school to the teachers control. I posted this thread a couple days ago talking about the experience one girl had at Normandy Middle School. Normandy is the school district that Michael Brown graduated from.

After troubles at Normandy

Until the African American community has schools were the teachers are in firm control of the classrooms and surrounding school grounds, things will not get better. Children need direction and also to know the limits that are imposed so that everybody can live in peace together. Yes, we as people lose freedoms to live in a society. But, that is so that all people can live in peace with one another with much less fear. If we teach children not to have pride and ego, then all of society will benefit.

The bigger your ego the more space you need to live in and you are much more likely to get agitated at other due to them being in "your" space. Never be proud of yourself; instead be proud of the things you do that help others and your community. Be proud of watching your elderly neighbors. Be proud of watching the children to make sure no harm befalls them. Be proud of picking up litter or reporting unsafe conditions at a local park. These are the thing people need to be proud of. Not your heritage or your religion or anything that you just are. Do the hard part and become a part of the whole society. You do not need to become fully integrated into society, you just need to be able to interact with society in a healthy manner.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is an opportunity for the Republican Party to shine.

I think they will find a million ways to screw it up though.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Republicans,Democrats,they are all cut from the same cloth. No sense in wasting anymore time with any of those losers.
We need fresh blood in there that isn't bought off.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Republicans,Democrats,they are all cut from the same cloth. No sense in wasting anymore time with any of those losers.
We need fresh blood in there that isn't bought off.

I agree, I do not like either party. I do happen to dislike Democrats more, but it's a battle of who sucks more, not who is good.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Agreed. I feel like I'm voting for the lesser of 2 evils when I go. Its a really sad way to feel I know,but you just can't help it when you have Godzilla with blue pants on behind door number 1 and Godzilla with red pants on behind door number 2. 'sigh'

new topics

top topics

join