It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what about HIPPA violations? Where are the Pics/facebooks/family interviews of Ebola "victims"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I find it quite odd, that in the age we live in, the facebook accounts, the selfies, the family interviews with every news tragedy, there is absolutely NOTHING to be found on ANY of the victims of ebola in the US. So I bring it to the internet sleuths of ATS, please help me find facebooks for these people. Nina Pham, Amber Joy Vinson, there is nothing! Only a few stock photos of Pham, and only one grainy photo of Vinson! And of course, we only have ever seen 2 or 3 photos of Duncan in the infamous green shirt. And the families, anymore when there is a tragedy, there is CNN and other outlets there to interview family members. So far, I only recall one interview with a nurse who was saying how much she liked one of the sick nurses. So come on ATS, prove me wrong, PLEASE! Everybody and their mother has facebook, and several pictures of themselves...ALSO, I am not in healthcare, maybe someone who is can answer this question...Why all of a sudden, are HIPPA violations ok? Someone gets ebola and all of a sudden, there is no PRIVACY anymore? Something else not adding up here, can anyone in healthcare or with more knowledge of answer that?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

dude you are so right...i can't believe i didnt think of this.....i wonder if they are signing waivers or something or when it comes to ebola...hippa goes out the window...

who knows we will surely see lawsuits anyway to follow, id imagine, maybe some hippa violations could be part of it
edit on 15-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the HIPPA violations here, I can only ASSume that the patients are either giving their permission for their photos and conditions to be released or they have no choice in it being released if it is used to help alert people, and have other people be aware (of possible symptoms) if they have come into contact with them at some point since infection.

Stopping the spread of Ebola probably trumps HIPPA.

They can release criminal's names and photos for the safety of the general public. I imagine this would fall into a similar category as public safety. People do need to know if they have come into contact with those who are carrying Ebola to prevent further spread.

As for the FB thing? You will not find one full faced picture of me anywhere on the internet. I have a FB account, but I use a kangaroo avatar there the same as I do here. The most you will ever find online is a picture of my eyes behind sunglasses. Why? I hate photos and I like my privacy. The last family photo I took was about 20 years ago.

So it is possible that there aren't other photos, or information about these people out there. That or their family members may have taken it down before the onslaught of villagers with pitchforks and torches came out. That's likely what I would have done if it were a member of my family. You know how crazy folks can get. The less information out there... The better.
edit on 10/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's kinda stalking, but aside from that, not everyone has an online presence or Facebook. I sure as hell try not to and don't.

As for Nina Pham, there seem to be a ton of photos of her and have been since day 1. Link

And so far as HIPAA goes, most of the victims consented to have their names released. One (the third brought to Emory in Atlanta) did not.

o far, Emory University Hospital has treated three patients with Ebola. Doctors successfully treated and released Dr. Kent Brantly and missionary Nancy Writebol earlier this year. A third patient, who was transferred to Emory on Sept. 9 but has not been identified for confidentiality reasons, is still being treated at the facility, according to a statement just released by Emory.
The patient wishes to maintain anonymity but requested that the hospital release the following statement:
“Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community. As a result of the virus, my condition worsened and I became critically ill soon after I arrived at Emory. Through rigorous medical treatment, skillful nursing, and the full support of a health care team, I am well on the way to a full recovery. I want the public to know that although Ebola is a serious, complex disease, it is possible to recover and return to a healthy life. I wish to retain my anonymity for now, but I anticipate sharing more information in future weeks as I complete my recovery.” [Source]

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I am the same way as far as the photos and stuff. Even I have a facebook. May not be much on there, but I have one. I dont know, the selfies we have seen of Pham and her dog, I am willing to bet she had at least a facebook. Yes, ONLY the families somehow deleting the profiles, which I kinda doubt because you think that would be one of their last priorities after learning their daughter may die. I dont know for sure either, but I need something other than 1 or 2 stock photos of each victim. I mean, Duncan, in just the green shirt. Nothing, from anywhere else? Nothing on facebook?
edit on 15-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Who are the American Ebola Patients

That's all the info I could glean. Only one unknown being treated in Atlanta with Emory representatives stating HIPAA prevents them from releasing any info....no name, no pic, no nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm no NSA agent but still, I can't find anything besides pictures from the news on Nina like you were saying. I don't get it. I will certainly be checking back here to see if anyone else finds something.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Maybe they realised there'd be hundreds of people sending them messages (and we know people can be rude as hell) and decided to either deactivate their profiles temporarily (which is an option and I have done it myself so that I could stay away from the madness) or to hide their profiles. It's all possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
That's kinda stalking, but aside from that, not everyone has an online presence or Facebook. I sure as hell try not to and don't.

As for Nina Pham, there seem to be a ton of photos of her and have been since day 1. Link

And so far as HIPAA goes, most of the victims consented to have their names released. One (the third brought to Emory in Atlanta) did not.

o far, Emory University Hospital has treated three patients with Ebola. Doctors successfully treated and released Dr. Kent Brantly and missionary Nancy Writebol earlier this year. A third patient, who was transferred to Emory on Sept. 9 but has not been identified for confidentiality reasons, is still being treated at the facility, according to a statement just released by Emory.
The patient wishes to maintain anonymity but requested that the hospital release the following statement:
“Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community. As a result of the virus, my condition worsened and I became critically ill soon after I arrived at Emory. Through rigorous medical treatment, skillful nursing, and the full support of a health care team, I am well on the way to a full recovery. I want the public to know that although Ebola is a serious, complex disease, it is possible to recover and return to a healthy life. I wish to retain my anonymity for now, but I anticipate sharing more information in future weeks as I complete my recovery.” [Source]

I dont think it even comes close to stalking.....ANYWAY, the "third" victim that is unidentified, was transported there when?
Sept. 9th? I need to go back and look. I had not heard ANYTHING about a third victim....interesting.

A third patient, who was transferred to Emory on Sept. 9 but has not been identified for confidentiality reasons, is still being treated at the facility, according to a statement just relea

Yep, it says sept. 9th....before Duncan?
edit on 15-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

There was also a fourth supposed to be sent to Emory about that time. I think it may have been the doctor, but they changed their mind and sent to Nebraska, but am not sure about that.

And yes it was around that time. Did you see my odd Duncan-Brantly coincidences thread?

ETA: I think there's something pretty fishy going on here too...with the way everyone is flying around. I am beginning to believe it was out of control way before Duncan and that this is a cover up for people that were the real patient zeroes.
edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There was also a fourth supposed to be sent to Emory about that time. I think it may have been the doctor, but they changed their mind and sent to Nebraska, but am not sure about that.

And yes it was around that time. Did you see my odd Duncan-Brantly coincidences thread?

I have not can you link it for me? It sounds very interesting. So, this "third" victim, it says was transported Sept. 9th...that is a full 20 days before Duncan, the supposed FIRST victim came to the US. Surely the article is a typo?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

ETA: I think there's something pretty fishy going on here too...with the way everyone is flying around. I am beginning to believe it was out of control way before Duncan and that this is a cover up for people that were the real patient zeroes.

Yes, all the flying, I mean, this woman had just worked firsthand with an Ebola patient...there is no way they would allow that to happen. As far as being way out of control before, I dont know because 21 day since Duncan would be coming up...were at 16 days now. There have been no other reports, I would think we are safe, I dont know, thats why I make these threads, to try and keep track, but yes, SOMETHING definitely is going on...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No, not a typo. This was another flown in already infected. Just found this: Emory’s 3rd Ebola patient will be discharged soon

This is odd too...a mention of the fourth I hadn't seen before. Fourth Ebola patient arrives in the USA This may have been the now "third." And the fourth they referred to went to Nebraska.

In any event, there is some weirdness going on around the original third and fourth patients. At around the time we mentioned a third and a fourth were to come to Emory. I believe one did not.

Link to my thread about the coincidences: Link

ETA: Check page 2 of this search: Google

(That is, if it works the same for you with filters and such...)

edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

you said everyone and their mother has facebook?

uhmmm. i don't...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

uhmmm. i don't...

Does your mother?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Many thanks!!! That is crazy, I am going to tear into that thread shortly!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

uhmmm. i don't...

Does your mother?

nope , she dead .

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

uhmmm. i don't...

Does your mother?

nope , she dead .

Mine as well....Im sorry....ok, I will rephrase MOST people have a facebook account.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That is HUGE....

Article indicates there has been a third, unidentified Ebola patient at Emory in ATL - since before even Duncan. Sept. 9TH

I'm just going to bet that it's a HCW..question is did they contract it in W. Africa or helping Brantly, Writbol or Sacra?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Okay..

So the third in U.S. was Sacra in Nebraska and this patient was fourth overall in U.S. but third to be treated at Emory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join