It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plainclothes Man at Ebola Scene Perplexes Viewers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Video at link.

The man, wearing only slacks, a buttoned-down shirt and sunglasses, appeared out of place and outraged viewers who wanted to know why he was unprotected while everyone, including Vinson, was covered from heard to toe. Two of the workers who helped her from the stretcher even wore respirators.

The unidentified man stood very near another hazmat-suited worker and then took what appeared to be a container from one of the suited workers. He placed it on the steps to the jet and walked out of view.

He then reappeared as one of the PPE-suited workers came off the plane with red hazmat bags. He took what appeared to be a not-yet-used red bag from the worker in protective gear, then handed it to the workers as they bagged up items from the ambulance ride.

Pilot? It just seems like a bad idea even if the patient is wrapped up. It's probably nothing but seemed a bit odd.

Link

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This has happened at almost every transport, where there have been people in plain clothes in close proximity to the patient being transported. I guess they took the risk for one reason or another as the patients in these cases were all in the suits. At this was discussed at great length in a couple of threads when they brought the first two over to Emory.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Wolf Blitzer highlighted a photo of the man. One of the talking heads (can't recall his name) said that someone should
be (basically) orchestrating for the camera so people won't feel confused or anxious, blah blah.
Seriously? Has it come to this: a choreographed transfer for us minions?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
With all the blunders on PPE that have happened, this was just a poor decision all the way around on many levels for whoever this person was.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When people asked who the dude was, someone in another thread said it must have been "same shirt" judge.

I couldn't help it. I laughed pretty hard.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I got a snort out of that as well

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hum, it could be that all those ZMapp that were used for health care workers went to the hands of just a few specific workers.

1000 ZMapp has been used, supposedly on health care workers, but who knows nobody kept track of the doses.

I am just speculating here.

The man looks like he is not afraid of getting infected.

edit on 15-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And it even looks like one the people in a suit is touching the guy

Nuts !!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I liked Boncho's line about this. You have to lick an open wound to be exposed (paraphrasing).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

There seems to be a lot of touching, passing items back and forth and close contact between "mystery man" and the worker in hazmat, there again touching those suits is what causes this to spread and just being unprotected period.

Also Lucidity, LMAO at the "same shirt" comment that was a good one!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They weren't on a bus, so no worries, eh?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You can only transmit on a bus, silly. Or is it be infected?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe it's the same guy at each scene and he isn't worried because he knows he's immune.

You know, third DNA strand and all...

Or they have a super secret squirrel cure they're sitting on.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Maybe it was Kent Brantly flying around donating more blood.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Or they have a super secret squirrel cure they're sitting on.

Nah, the squirrels are picky about who receives their tech. They don't tend to deal with medicine like this either way.

Like others have stated, you'd think the transporters would have everyone geared up just to demonstrate the proper PPE and procedures, given how things have gone.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
When people asked who the dude was, someone in another thread said it must have been "same shirt" judge.

I couldn't help it. I laughed pretty hard.

What is same shirt judge please?
thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The judge in Dallas who drove Duncan's family to their isolation home and then was saying he was so confident that he wouldn't catch it he was still wearing the same shirt or something to that effect.

ATS Thread Here

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The judge in Dallas who drove Duncan's family to their isolation home and then was saying he was so confident that he wouldn't catch it he was still wearing the same shirt or something to that effect.

ATS Thread Here

OH ty

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: xuenchen

I liked Boncho's line about this. You have to lick an open wound to be exposed (paraphrasing).

yeah, why even bother with a hazmat suit

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Some people sit on dangerously high ledges. Some people don't wear personal protective equipment.
Some people just take risks that they really ought not to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join