It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking cookies,who is Responsable??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Recently there has been a thread about 'Pedophilia',the thread was eventually trashed,with it's own right...
I noticed the next time I put my computer back on that some 'New Form of cookies'where traced by my hard working wariors...The one I'm talking about was called 'Coremetrics'..just befor I turn off the comp.I usually run a clean up check..The next day after that debate ,I asked myself what happened to Jim,The guy who posted the thread and I thought as many people had asked that he would be pointed out to the authorities for help he might have needed..When I turned on ,and ran a check as usuall I saw these two new cookies'Coremetrics' and I directly thought damn,he had been reported and possibly all members involved had ended up on the check list..Now I know this may sound silly,but I swear I had never seen these new types of cookies before..

I have just had some trouble with my comp stalling,and I ran again a full search&destroy cookie programme,actually I used Three different systems.I have even reconfigured my firewall to query and set to complex filter..
Can anyone say anything about this ..and befor you think I'm accusing anybody from ATS having anything to do with it .I can assure You I would'nt dream of it..This site means ALOT to me,believe it or not.but is there a chance that that debate was observed and tagged as such??....
I did say on the third reply to Jim that I myself thought of posting a simmilar thread,about child abuse in Thailand,South Amer..etc..but I was'nt sure it was a good idea,not to mention the fact that I still had to do the research on the subject,and that I did'nt like..at all....any replies would be appreciated..thanks..by the way is jim still with us???

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, they're on my comp too, and I never read that thread.

www.coremetrics.com...

Looks like your basic net advertising company. (Unless that's the cover the government is using for Carnivore
)

[edit on 12/8/2004 by eaglewingz]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply.But say..you can blast these spies out of your computer easily..a good tool for it is 'Search & destroy'. try downloading it .You will be surpriced at how many Orgs. are raping your privacy...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re
Thanks for your reply.But say..you can blast these spies out of your computer easily..a good tool for it is 'Search & destroy'. try downloading it .You will be surpriced at how many Orgs. are raping your privacy...

Another great FREE anti-spyware program is Ad-awareSE,
available from Lavasoft.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We contract with CoreMetrics to run and manage the traffic statistics for the ATS domains. A bit of their code appears on every ATS page. No worries, they are a very reliable and ethical firm.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
See,Now that you say it Sceptic..I Swear I never saw it befor that day..you read my initial post..How come it appeared the day after that thread.I had just been talking to my girlfriend about that thread and I said I wonder if they would have me checked out..not that I have anything to hide,well besides my credit card codes etc;;..It appeared that day.never before..you understand what I'm trying to say here..??... I know that you use media for sure..but coremetrics was the first time i saw it and I have & know most of them...

And awaread is simmilar to search & destroy they are both from Lavasoft...

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We contract with CoreMetrics to run and manage the traffic statistics for the ATS domains. A bit of their code appears on every ATS page. No worries, they are a very reliable and ethical firm.

Does either CoreMetrics or Above Top Secret, or any annifialted forum, track user information outside of here?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Well, they're on my comp too, and I never read that thread.

www.coremetrics.com...

Looks like your basic net advertising company. (Unless that's the cover the government is using for Carnivore
)

[edit on 12/8/2004 by eaglewingz]

you mean "FBI's Carnivore System Disrupted Anti-Terror Probe".

FBI Memo on "FISA Mistakes" (4/5/00) -- describes how Carnivore interfered with anti-terrorism investigation involving Usama bin Laden

www.epic.org...

top topics

join