It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC ok'd the Nurse to fly with temperature , after she called them asking if it was ok to fly.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
I would like to see a transcript of the conversation as we don't know if this nurse even explained her situation.
She could of just rang up and said she had a temperature and if it was ok to fly without even mentioning she had been around an Ebola patient. It really wouldn't surprise me seeing as she doesn't have the intelligence to figure it out herself.

I think if she were truthful/aware about the situation she could of rang up her local pizzeria and they'd tell her not to fly.

This could be why they are now trying to decide whether to put all 76 Texas Health healthcare workers on a 'no-fly' list. It's very possible she didn't give the circumstances surrounding her reason for calling them.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Generally speaking countries and even states define what is a fever differently. It depends on what is being used to take the measurement, how old you are and where the temperature is taken (mouth, under tongue, rectally, by laser etc).
For reference the guidelines im using state fever over 38c (although i think it was redefined to 38.6 today im not sure - keep in mind all these guidelines are "living" documents constantly changing, this in its self is causing problems making sure everyone is up to date using same procedures)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: texasgirl
It's very possible she didn't give the circumstances surrounding her reason for calling them.

I have no doubt that the CDC is contacting the NSA to get phone records and find the recording of that phone call.

No matter if the CDC told her to go ahead and fly or not ... she is educated in the medical field and should have known better. Either way, she's to blame for getting on an airplane knowing she's sick ... whether it's ebola or the flu or whatever ... fever means you can spread it. It was selfish of her to get on that plane.

Either the nurse, or the CDC and the nurse, are guilty of extreme, and possibly deadly, stupidity

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Something obviously is in play here...!

All alarm bells should be ringing when someone like who worked with Ebola patients and also alerted the airport.
But why didn't she quarantined herself I find this selfish too.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
its all well and good, but her step parents house is 1/4 mile from my work. I dont care who she contacted, she worked with a ebola patient.

Stay the heck home till your 100% certain you do not have it.

Its like panic town here now.....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

My best friend that is also a traveling nurse and an African American told me that what that nurse did was stupid knowing that she had fever after attending an ebola patient.

I had a long talk with my friend that is also my zumba teacher and her concerns with ebola as she is been assigned to Atlanta for the next 3 months, but not in Emory.

Yes, now nurses all around are getting concern about getting ebola patients in the hospitals where they are working, because most of them have no training with infectious diseases.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Now the folks demanding her be charged with a crime can now shut up???

No I'm not going to 'shut up'.

She's an educated nurse and she knew she shouldn't be flying. Common sense. She knew she was on ebola watch and yet she put others at risk. She had a fever and she questioned it enough to ask so she knew there was a problem. If she survives and anyone gets sick from her little vacation, she should be prosecuted for assault at the very least.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Now we discover she went to a wedding shop in Cleveland for her bridal fitting. Why not go put your germs all over a place where people from all over the nation are getting fitted. Then they all go to weddings meeting up with people from all over the #ing place. After xmas get togethers, any family get togethers, people get sick. We are all sharing germs. I always get somebody's flu after these.

This is concerning because for fittings they are sticking pins in the dresses, too long. Pin the hem, to wide, pin it in, adjust here, adjust there. There's always a pin prick when this is going on! Always somebody getting pricked. It's a stressful hot & sweaty situation, lots of brow wiping going on. How completely ignorant of her!

edit on 16-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

This idiot could have unleashed an epidemic going to cleveland,

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh, and ambers mother also flew to dallas right after Amber did! Good grief!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I read a release today that isn't public, stating they followed everything the CDC said to the letter, but are making them sound as if they didn't to save their A $@! They went through a decontamination process and even if they touched their PPE incorrectly it should have been wiped clean. They are demanding CDC and WHO tell the public the truth, that this is an airborne strain. (I work in healthcare) Administrators are walking the hospitsl today, getting ready to set up quarantine areas we have to begin to create tomorrow. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In my opinion.....she should have known better?
Kind of a selfish choice
To "maybe" expose a lot of people

Who knows anymore whats true and what is not.
Just seems to me like its a huge mess and its getting out of control more and more.

Everyone wants to play the blame game and point the finger

Instead of shutting up, getting down to business and fixing the issue.

Or do they really want to?

I feel there is something more to this, they are just getting started.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Sophie111609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2014 by Sophie111609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.newsnet5.com...

Here's another passenger that they have tracked down. This one lives in my town.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This morning, her uncle was on the Today show and said "She never called the CDC." Robin Roberts even asked for a confirmation and he said "No, she never called the CDC and asked to fly. It never happened"

So... that's weird...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How about we stop blaming the victims and start holding the CDC and all those other so-called professionals and officials accountable for the mess they've created? Anyone anywhere near Patient Zero in Texas should've been quarantined during the potential incubation period from Day One. We wouldn't be where we are today if they had been.

Maybe we should let Hollywood handle this. In the movies, the minute there is any hint of a potentially pandemic disease, hundreds of guys in Hazmat suits descend out of helicopters and quarantine the whole town.

The hysteria is spreading so fast, you can't even keep up with the breaking news stories-- a woman just back from Africa vomiting in the Pentagon parking lot, which is now blocked off, a guy from Africa vomiting on a US bound plane and dying-- heart attack, they say, a potential patient in CT now, the cruise ship, on and on. The reason there is fear is because we rightfully do not trust our government to tell us the truth and they appear to be a bunch of bumbling morons.

I live in Reno, NV. Yesterday a man walked into an Urgent Care Clinic (not a hospital) and told them he was on Flight 1143 with the second infected nurse. The staff called the CDC and together they cleared this man, over the phone I'm assuming, and sent him home, saying there is 'no risk to the public.' Didn't they tell us they had this under control in Texas when Patient Zero first tested positive?

Now flu season is coming on and there are going to be a lot of people with temperatures going to doctors freaking out...

Point is, we don't trust our government, and why should we? Look how they've handled this so far.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: the owlbear
When I was in hospital, sometimes I had no vitals. I said " I'm dead!" . My temp is usually low.

I'm the same way violet. Except for me it's my pulse and blood pressure. My blood pressure is usually 78/46 and my pulse has to be taken from my neck because if you take it from my wrists you get absolutely nothing. Sometimes they can't even find my pulse through my neck either. It's very weak.

I heard some reports that moving Nurse Pham caused her to weaken. I'm hoping she'll be able to improve because if anyone did everything right, it was she. I should say that I'm surprised but I guess not, that Emory can't treat more than one patient.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join