It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study Reveals Conspiracy Theorists The Most Sane Of All!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I think you are generalizing about the attributes. But yeah, you are right that it is a rough ride. But the smooth riders are the snorkelers, the rough riders are the deep sea divers. No pain no gain.

Do you know any insane person who found the truth?
No. But I know one guy who said he knows the truth. Which makes him insane in my eyes, or I would call that sane...

ETA:

Do you know any insane person who found the truth?
Addressing that from a different angle. I think all people who have gained deeper insights are, from the frame of reference of normal people, insane to one degree or another.

"Platonism" is a term coined by scholars to refer to the intellectual consequences of denying, as Plato's Socrates often does, the reality of the material world. In several dialogues, most notably the Republic, Socrates inverts the common man's intuition about what is knowable and what is real. While most people take the objects of their senses to be real if anything is, Socrates is contemptuous of people who think that something has to be graspable in the hands to be real. In the Theaetetus, he says such people are eu amousoi (εὖ ἄμουσοι), an expression that means literally, "happily without the muses" (Theaetetus 156a). In other words, such people live without the divine inspiration that gives him, and people like him, access to higher insights about reality. Socrates's idea that reality is unavailable to those who use their senses is what puts him at odds with the common man, and with common sense. Socrates says that he who sees with his eyes is blind, and this idea is most famously captured in his allegory of the cave, and more explicitly in his description of the divided line. The allegory of the cave (begins Republic 7.514a) is a paradoxical analogy wherein Socrates argues that the invisible world is the most intelligible ("noeton") and that the visible world ("(h)oraton") is the least knowable, and the most obscure. Socrates says in the Republic that people who take the sun-lit world of the senses to be good and real are living pitifully in a den of evil and ignorance. Socrates admits that few climb out of the den, or cave of ignorance, and those who do, not only have a terrible struggle to attain the heights, but when they go back down for a visit or to help other people up, they find themselves objects of scorn and ridicule. According to Socrates, physical objects and physical events are "shadows" of their ideal or perfect forms, and exist only to the extent that they instantiate the perfect versions of themselves. Just as shadows are temporary, inconsequential epiphenomena produced by physical objects, physical objects are themselves fleeting phenomena caused by more substantial causes, the ideals of which they are mere instances.

edit on 201031Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:20:10 -0500201410pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-22T14:20:10-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: OneManArmy

Are you convinced that a lot of people, including some very powerful and influential ones, are active paedophiles, and that many of them are in a position to prosecute their crimes, as well as to cover them up and protect their associates?

Then you are perfectly rational, if perhaps a little obsessed with the subject — though, of course, you may have very good reasons for that.

When I first stumbled into the "truth movement" a few years before 911 back when I thought it was all because of the Jews(yes I actually went through a stage believing that), was the first time I came across the idea of establishment paedophilia and I just couldnt believe it, the only thing to go on was the Marc Dutroux case that lead to the highest ranks of the Belgian government, and rumours. Or "conspiracy theories" of British Government Elite paedophile rings. The more I read into these things the more disturbing and unbelievable it became. The evidence became more and more compelling the more disturbing and "out there" it got. I will admit the evidence that I found slowly filled in the hideous pieces to the puzzle.

Heres the thing, as batsh*t crazy and unbelievable the "conspiracy theories" of elite paedophile rings were, its all turning out to be true.

Im a little obsessed with the subject as when I was at school there was a paedophile ring operating right under my nose, I was groomed and didnt even realise it. I was never abused, but just the thought that I came so very close is as scary as hell. And besides I have 3 children so the thought of anything happening to them, well, say no more.

Or are you convinced that a shadowy, world-ruling cabal habitually indulges in paedophilia for Satanic or magical reasons, or as an initiation ritual of some kind, or simply because it can? That the discovery of this or that high-ranking paedophile is evidence for the aforesaid conviction? And that recent celebrity paedophile outings — Jimmy Saville and the like — are some kind of red herring or 'false flag' to distract attention from the real evildoers?

The you are a conspiracy theorist.

Im convinced an "in your face", "rubbing your nose in it", world ruling cabal of psychopaths habitually indulges in every kind of perversion that this material world can offer simply because they can. I dont think Jimmy Savile is a red herring or false flag, he is just scratching the surface of the deep deep depths of depravity enjoyed by those so corrupted by power and greed because the truth is that they literally do "rule" this world at the expense of the many, on the blood, sweat, tears and lives of the many, our sacrifice is their gain. Now if that isnt "satanic" in concept, then I really dont know what is?

I dont know for certain about the rituals and "magic, but once again there is much compelling evidence, my insticts are that there is something to it, mankind has been succumbing to "religious" ideas for centuries, to many gods and dieties on both sides of the "force".

What I truly find "magical" and unbelievable is that this truth can be rubbed in our faces, but yet we dont see. We ridicule those that dare to ask the questions that really need to be asked. We call people names and try to bring their integrity into question, make them unbelievable. And then a few years later, it turns out that they were right all along.

All I know is that wisdom really is understanding how little we truly know.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

Yes, yes.. agreed.

It is true, a lot of people will believe far out stuff just to feel special, they might be contrarians or whatever, they'll see signs everywhere.

But there's alot of us that believe this stuff because we've seen it happen, time and time again. There's a big difference. And while I don't expect everyone else to believe us on our word alone, that would be irrational, it would however be nice if people did acknowledge that we didn't just wake up one day and decide to believe in a lot of crazy stuff just for the hell of it.

A lot of us are shamans getting f****d over in the modern world.. we have no spiritual infrastructure in place to help us make sense of our 'paranormal lives'. Used to be we would get training by initiates, now we get locked up in asylums.

And I don't care how crazy a person is, objects levitating and stuff like that is not supposed to happen according to the prevailing paradigm, I don't care how crazy a person is.. their craziness isn't supposed to manipulate physical objects without touch. That is a blatant violation of the (supposed) laws of reality, there's no rationalizing some of this stuff. Hallucinations don't usually have physical effects on the environment, yet it happens.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thank you for your detailed and illuminating answer. No further questions.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Conspiracy Theorist is a derogatory title.

OG

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Yes, and deservedly so. Conspiracy theorists are people who propagate lies.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What you just said was complete hogwash.

OG

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Agreed. I have seen it in the physics lab.
So when I first joined ATS I was ready to scream and fight about the reality of multidimensional physics and the fact that some group or civilization has mastery of it.

I have since calmed down and wait for the facts to be discovered. With a little push from me every now and then.
Those who refuse to acknowledge a real non conforming fact are not our inventors and innovators.

edit on 24-10-2014 by freeenergymobile because: grammer

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: freeenergymobile

You're a scientist? I'm always glad to see open minded scientists around.

I could just imagine the enormous changes that would take place if these truths were widely known.

I can't help but feel angry with the scientific establishment for clinging so tightly to their tired old paradigm(yeah, yeah), they're holding humanity back with their rigid positivism and the pseudoskeptics keep cheering them on while petulantly ridiculing everyone that dares to challenge the status quo.

"The more the debunkers screamed the more we liked it, they were doing disinformation for us."

That about sums it up.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well straighten them out with the truth.

Thread vindicated.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I do my best, Randy, but you know what Joe Walsh said: you can't argue with a sick mind.

Thread vindicated.

In that case, show me one conspiracy theory (not a conspiracy unsuspected until discovered after the fact) that has proven true. Just one will do. ATS has been going for over a decade now; if there was any truth to conspiracy theories, at least one of the theories discussed on this site should have been 'vindicated' by now. Which is it?

Free energy suppression?

UFO information suppression?

Alien abductions?

Chemtrails?

Vaccination conspiracies?

9/ii conspiracies?

NWO/Illuminati/'TPTB' conspiracies?

'We never landed on the Moon?'

'HIV was created by the CIA'?

'Ebola was created by the CIA'?

Come on. One will do.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But then so is the media.

Hell, the world is full of liars.

Talking of conspiracy theories and lies....

I would say you are propagating ignorance.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10am10amFri, 24 Oct 2014 11:46:00 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I do my best, Randy, but you know what Joe Walsh said: you can't argue with a sick mind.

Thread vindicated.

In that case, show me one conspiracy theory (not a conspiracy unsuspected until discovered after the fact) that has proven true. Just one will do. ATS has been going for over a decade now; if there was any truth to conspiracy theories, at least one of the theories discussed on this site should have been 'vindicated' by now. Which is it?

Free energy suppression?

UFO information suppression?

Alien abductions?

Chemtrails?

Vaccination conspiracies?

9/ii conspiracies?

NWO/Illuminati/'TPTB' conspiracies?

'We never landed on the Moon?'

'HIV was created by the CIA'?

'Ebola was created by the CIA'?

Come on. One will do.

I already gave you one.

Elite paedophile rings.

Its now an accepted fact that there has been a concerted effort to cover up Elm Guest House, and the Westminster Paedophile ring operating from the highest levels of the UK government.

Then we have the Boys Town Nebraska scandal. Covered up.
Then we have the church paedophile scandal which was covered up for decades.

But hey, we can all be selective with the information we let our brains process.

Then there was the conspiracy of the police to cover up their failures of the Hillsborough disaster. It took "conspiracy theorists" 20 years to get to the truth of that, turns out they were right.
Then there is the murder of Stephen Lawrence and the subsequent conspiracy and corruption of the met police that for 20 years covered up the truth. Once again it was "conspiracy theorists" that wouldnt let it go, until eventually the truth came out.

You asked for one, but off the top of my head there is a few for you.
No point acting all arrogant and high and mighty, you are only human like the rest of us.

Then there was MK Ultra, yet another "conspiracy theory" that turned out to be true.
Or the European Trading block being set up for the sole purpose of creating a European super state, denied for decades until it was actually foisted upon us.
Then we have Bilderberg, denied for decades, but alas, the truth finally came out.

Shall I continue?

Why not?

The IRS conspiracy, where no law exists that demands people pay the tax.
Or the conspiracy of banks to rig the currency markets, the conspiracy of fractional reserve banking. Or the fact that the gold standard doesnt exist any more. The conspiracy to rob the masses through taxation and interest, where the money to pay the interest doesnt actually exist, so will never be able to be paid off. The financial system is one giant Ponzi scheme that is just about ready to collapse under its own colossal weight.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10am10amFri, 24 Oct 2014 11:42:33 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You threw chemtrails at me?

That's just wrong!

JFK assassination!

In 1976, the House Select Committee on Assassinations undertook reinvestigations of the murders of John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. In 1979, a single Report and twelve volumes of appendices on each assassination were published by the Congress. In the JFK case, the HSCA found that there was a "probable conspiracy," though it was unable to determine the nature of that conspiracy or its other participants (besides Oswald). This finding was based in part on acoustics evidence from a tape purported to record the shots, but was also based on other evidence including an investigation of Ruby's underworld connections. The acoustics evidence was disputed by a panel of scientists, but that "debunking" has itself come under attack recently.

edit on Ram102414v452014u48 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Has it been proved that Lee Harvey Oswald was not acting alone, and that Kennedy was assassinated due to a conspiracy?

That is not the case, as you very well know.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

In 1976, the House Select Committee on Assassinations undertook reinvestigations of the murders of John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. In 1979, a single Report and twelve volumes of appendices on each assassination were published by the Congress. In the JFK case, the HSCA found that there was a "probable conspiracy," though it was unable to determine the nature of that conspiracy or its other participants (besides Oswald). This finding was based in part on acoustics evidence from a tape purported to record the shots, but was also based on other evidence including an investigation of Ruby's underworld connections. The acoustics evidence was disputed by a panel of scientists, but that "debunking" has itself come under attack recently.

source
edit on Ram102414v49201400000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Great post. Thanks for that. Just remember you can only lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink...trade the horse for a sheep and u get the idea!

OG

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem

Great post. Thanks for that. Just remember you can only lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink...trade the horse for a sheep and u get the idea!

OG

I know man, in some peoples minds its like conspiracies dont exist.
Talk about cognitive dissonance.

I have more, but I think my point has been made.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

OG

you have made countless points! ! To think that powerful elite men could have a plan that does not involve the public is crazy to these people, total cognitive dissonance is right!

OG

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

OG

you have made countless points! ! To think that powerful elite men could have a plan that does not involve the public is crazy to these people, total cognitive dissonance is right!

OG

Indeed, so the question remains, who are the sane ones?
Those that ask questions given the vast evidence of past conspiracies or those that deny them?

Those whose ego's are so inflated that they will never accept the truth, even if it sat on their face.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join