It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian UN General Assembly Speech.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Worth a read to those interested in global politics, Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov:

In a courageous and brilliant speech to the United Nations General Assembly on September 27, 2014, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov pierced the veil of obfuscation that characterizes too many speeches at the United Nations, and delivered a scathing denunciation of Western imperialism, imperialism that can only be accurately described as global theft. Lavrov, on behalf of the Russian Federation implicitly warned that US/NATO is risking global war in embarking on its campaign to seize and dominate huge territories, while inexorably and ruthlessly determined to conquer and subjugate Russia, having learned nothing from the historic reality that Napolean’s effort to dominate Russia led to the collapse of Napoleonic France, and Hitler’s attempt to subjugate Russia led to the obliteration of his Third Reich.

Lavrov stated: “The U.S.-led Western alliance that portrays itself as a champion of democracy, rule of law and human rights within individual countries, acts from directly opposite positions in the international arena, rejecting the democratic principle of sovereign equality of states enshrined in the UN Charter and trying to decide for everyone what is good or evil.”

www.globalresearch.ca... un/5407937

I wouldn't call myself Pro-Putin or Pro-Russian but I certainly understand exactly what he's saying.
edit on -180002014-10-15T19:55:19-05:000000001931201419102014Wed, 15 Oct 2014 19:55:19 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

This won't go down well with the anti-Russian crowd...

I'm with you, I'm not pro-*insert country*...

Bulls# wafts from both the East & West...

Trying to dodge the smell is the hard part for all of us stuck in the middle of the clowns & jokers!!!
edit on 15-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (Auto-Correct!!!)

edit on 15-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Do you think western leaders are thinking..."Damn this guys right, time for some changes"

Naa

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Of course they won't change course but the parallels are interesting. Why can't we break the cycle? Instead of destroying everything by trying to take down Russia we could offer to finally let the world begin to move towards peace and cooperation. All we have to do is let go of the "America is the best" attitude. There is a reason pride is the Lord of the 7 deadly sins.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Of course they won't change course but the parallels are interesting. Why can't we break the cycle? Instead of destroying everything by trying to take down Russia we could offer to finally let the world begin to move towards peace and cooperation. All we have to do is let go of the "America is the best" attitude. There is a reason pride is the Lord of the 7 deadly sins.

America is the best.
The d**ks that run it are the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The best at torturing inmates or the best at shooting children...

I can never decide which is better either!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Sorry I was thinking about the good things the American people had done.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ignore me, I should have taken my meds and gone to bed 2 hours ago...

Just venting!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The Union Jacks covered in blood too mate. We are guilty of worse.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No doubt my friend...

My apologies again!

Apologies to the op as well...
Not trying to derail your interesting topic!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sergei Lavrov should learn other countries history more. The only reason why Russia remained alive is because the Great Mongol Empire is dead. A joint alliance against Napoleons Army(Prussia, etc). British-led American Alliance to crush German resources on the Western Front. Neither Napoleon nor Nazi Germany would have lost the Eastern front. Napoleon maybe due to being very unequipped for Winter. They would have made Russia run to China for safety.

Also Soviet Union disintegrated. Soviet Union is not true Russian Country(It was a country controlled by a warlord, Stalin rather a king who knows what is right or wrong).

Germans would have had control of the skies, if it weren't for Western Front crushing Germans Air forces to death.

Then again the opposite could have happened without Russia. Russia was stalling Mongols from getting into Europe later the Polish. Soviet Union(not a true Russia, but made of mostly Russians) was stalling Nazi Germany from Expanding East for resources against the West. Made Napoleon lose a lot of his Army(resources isn't much of a big issue during gunpowder age as their was no tanks, nor planes). If Russia didn't exist on that snowy land, Napoleon wouldn't have probably sent his army to that icy land(Russian Territory), instead attack Britain with all his might.

Americans and Russians should stop fighting who is better. Each one would have lost without another. The only thing they have to deal with today are Mad Scientists, and Corruption.

You see, all the war mongers are turning a blind eye on biological weaponry, this is why Ebola happened. To stop being a war monger start acting like a civilian than a soldier. Every soldier comes from being a civilian, not the other way around. Poison for Poison will end up destroying the planet.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum The New World Nazism has to be stopped!!! Great speech!!! The Russian minister and Putin are right on target. Remember If it wash"t for the Russians the World would have ended at least six times. And, most recent a major wwIII situation was averted by Putin, over the Syria conflict. During the cold war four instances where a push of a button would have ended the world if it wash"t for the Russians. One them being The Kennedy and Khrushchev"s stand-off in 1962. Khrushchev back down and made a deal. And, WWII the soviets stopped the
Germans from over running Asia. The Soviets Killed a lot of them in the millions. And remember the earlier Nazis and the Zionist worked together a few times because they had the same goals to control the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
All heads of state have some levels of blood on their hands.

Some have more and some have less.

The more I learn about Putin the more I seem to like about him.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Oh please..... prior to Germany turning on Russia, they had planned to rule all of Europe and more, splitting in up into spheres of control. Russia was intent on conquering and enslaving much of Europe. Nato is a response to that and those former USSR countries that gained their freedom have flocked, to a large extent, to joining NATO. Why? Russia and its empire of strict rule without freedoms. SO America, with the fall of the USSR, being the sole Superpower, could have gone on a world conquering rampage.... but didn't. America stands for at least some forms of freedom and if we have allies, its because they share this same desire for freedom, not for being under any country's yoke again. Ask Poland if they want back in union with Russia. Ask Latvia. Lithuania. Estonia. East Germany. The Czechs. And who has America conquered and not ultimately given back their freedom? The Philippines? Japan? Russia had walls, fences, barb wire, minefields, guard towers, guard dogs, searchlights, machine guns..... to keep people IN!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ironsky1210
Ah yes, the new wold nazism . The evil empire, let me stroke my bald cat. Dare i say when we finally give up, get snuffed out, go isolationist the world would beg for our rule. When the likes of isis, or soviet russia or any other of the major evils rule you and your kind will fall silent. I wish for the U.S to step back and leave you all to our devices so you may critisize your own faults while benefiting from your own triumph. Instead of benifiting from our effort yet criticizing it the whole way, like the fat child who only loves a certain flavor of cake. Its useless i stand with u f murica yay! The sooner we fall the sooner u shut the hell up and cry about your own own problems.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'd say torturing inmates and I bet we have EX oil tankers with them inside.The children are accidents very bad,not intended. PRISONERS,ha.I once saw a film called "Unthinkable" and LAUGHED at the emotional NAIVETY of the effort. A nuke terrorist would be chemically interrogated rather quickly then tortured.
SECRETS...mostly taught by the NAZIS from Proj PAPERCLIP.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Somehow I think the rest of the world will manage without America's help,should American forces completely withdraw into it's own borders,and stay there,or disappear in a puff of smoke-but I starred you anyway,you're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.a reply to: TechniXcality

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Saw this on Truthseeker last night.The headline made me smile,I 've always liked dry wit:-)

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

edit on 16-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

absolutely manage you will, we dont disagree. Tired of being the evil empire its not real, its not true, its a critisim bestowed upon the triumphant. Id rather be back to our roots as isolationist however that will never happen our interests expand far and though in principle i support those interests.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yes, this is the Russian position, and very eloquently put.

However, is there any evidence that the West is trying to bring down Russia? There are ex Soviet nations who had a history of mistreatment by Russia who have voluntarily joined the EU and have greater opportunity to prosper.

Sovereign nations making choices by themselves. If anyone knows a Pole, then ask them whether they would have prospered by staying aligned with the East - they would laugh in your face.

Russia's problem is that they don't have anything to offer countries who they want to stay aligned to them. What they do have is autocracy and a corrupt political system whereby their president (Putin) on a modest government salary can somehow acquire a fortune of 70 billion USD, if some reports are true.

Russia cannot accept that past vassal states just don't want them! Look at Ukraine and the mess the Russian authorities have made through their inability to react constructively to Ukraine's wish to create closer ties to the more prosperous West.

Russia may try to play the "picked-on-victim" status, but actually they are just "Billy no mates". They need to move on and adapt to the world as it is and not as they want it to be.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join