It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can MSM Handle the Contra-Cocaine Truth? (Kill the Messenger)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Tomorrow is the date of the release of "Kill the Messenger". This is a story I have read a couple books on over the years. The way it differs from Iran/Contra is that is covers the intentional flooding of black neighborhoods in South Central Los Angeles (and others) with crack coc aine in the early 1980's. Of course what followed were the mandatory minimum prison terms for crack coc aine that were enhanced over just possessing or selling regular coc aine. Naturally, this hit the African American communities hard in terms of incarceration rates.

The story that "Freeway" Ricky Ross tells is compelling and what was done to Gary Webb was a travesty. If you don't know the story, I have some suggestive reading.

Unfortunately Gary Webb committed suicide by shooting himself in the head......twice. Rumor has it he was almost finished with a book.

Exclusive: “Kill the Messenger” tells the tragic tale of journalist Gary Webb who revived the Contra-coc aine scandal in the 1990s and saw his life destroyed by the mainstream media. The question now is: Will the MSM continue its cover-up of this sordid part of Ronald Reagan’s legacy or finally accept the truth, writes Robert Parry.

By Robert Parry

The mainstream news media’s reaction to the new movie, “Kill the Messenger,” has been tepid, perhaps not surprising given that the MSM comes across as the film’s most unsympathetic villain as it crushes journalist Gary Webb for digging up the Contra-coc aine scandal in the mid-1990s after the major newspapers thought they had buried it in the 1980s.

Not that the movie is without other villains, including drug traffickers and “men in black” government agents. But the drug lords show some humanity and even honesty as they describe how they smuggled drugs and shared the proceeds with the Nicaraguan Contra rebels, President Ronald Reagan’s beloved “freedom fighters.”

Actor Jeremy Renner portraying journalist Gary Webb in the movie, “Kill the Messenger.”
By contrast, the news executives for the big newspapers, such as the Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times, come across as soulless careerists determined to maintain their cozy relations with the CIA’s press office and set on shielding their failure to take on this shocking scandal when it was playing out in the 1980s.

The Rest

edit on 15-10-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good thread, OP. Mike Dangerously did one on the same topic, recently. But highlighting the release of this movie to further the story being told and known is definitely important. What your title asks, can MSM handle that….probably not. I never heard Gary Webb's name mentioned on MSM. But then I stopped watching MSM quite a while ago. There ceased to be a point.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I can't wait to see Kill the Messenger. Not only is it true crime, but that cutie booty Jeremy Renner is in it, and also produced.

Though now I'm a little worried that if the wrong guys see it, my Jenny Ren might get suicided

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
By the way all of Gary's notebooks and documents have never surfaced. No one knows what happened to them. As all of his belongings were packed up. Funny thing for someone to do if they are getting ready to off themselves.

a reply to: GrantedBail

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am amazed how few people remember Ollie; who was really the hero Ollie North or Gary Webb?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was a kid at the time during the Iran/Contra hearings. Way before the internet. I remember my parents getting bumper stickers that said Ollie North for President. The MSM was as manipulated then as it is now. It is worse now. But, I wasn't aware of it then. They were convinced he was some kind of hero when really he was an utter and complete dirtbag.

a reply to: AlaskanDad

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I totally agree with your assessment of Oliver North; he should to this day be in prison imho.

Amazing what they can just sweep under the rug!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I saw the movie this week and found it very well done. The premise of the movie, that the CIA was involved, continues to be involved, in drug activity is very well-known and documented. Strangely, even to this day, the MSM refuses to touch this. It clearly shows that the successor program to "Project Mockingbird" is well established. The MSM is controlled by the CIA.

I am glad a movie was made about this story. You can't help but feel sympathy for Webb. I also suspect he was murdered, and that suicide was another lie.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I used to live with a Ranger who pulled those missions down south he said to look at this:

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, I live within a 5 mile radius of 4 very large multi-plex theatres. Kill the Messenger is playing at only one of complexes and they only have one showing at 9:00 tomorrow night. I have to drive 15 miles to catch a matinee. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've got a thread about this going if ya wanna join in:Key Figures In CIA-Crack Cocaine Scandal Come Forward.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks Mike, will do. a reply to: mike dangerously

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Getting a 404 with the link have you any news on Ricky Ross and his angle in any of this

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Strange it worked yesterday. Here is another
here

a reply to: douglas5

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thank you Grantedbail that link is working it was the person Ricky Ross that caught my eye in the story a few years ago i came across a blog by someone called the RR , it was a interesting site but all trace of it seems to have vanished from the net

Strange the people that shoot themselves twice

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Strange the people that shoot themselves twice

Two in the back of the head is the preferred suicide method of those who can't live with being a whistleblower.

top topics

join