It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The International Anti-Flying Movement Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I heard it was banned because of an incident at some festival where thousands achieved never-before-seen altitudes.

If I recall correctly it was somewhere in upstate NY in the summer of 1969.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: harkna

Not a single post after the OP? How can you drop this bombshell of a discovery on us then not fill us in on any details? This looks like something I have seen here at ATS before....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli

The trick is to fall, but miss the ground.

That's what we call an "orbit".

Objects in orbit around the Earth are in fact falling back to earth due to gravity pulling them down. However, objects in orbit also have a "sideways" vector to their motion (in a direction roughly parallel to the Earth's surface) so as they fall in this sideways motion, the spherical Earth curves out of the way under itself before the object hits that surface.

So, basically, things in orbit are falling back towards Earth, but they miss the ground.

In this graphic called "Newton's cannon", Cannon balls A and B hit the ground because the ground gets in their way (so-to-speak) while cannon ball C also gets pulled back down, but the ground curves away, allowing cannon ball C to miss the ground.

edit on 10/17/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
For two days, I have been observing my thread and I have twice read everyone's response. I thank all you for your interest.
I have no proof in the form of photos or printed material to post or show in any manner. All the proof is in the files of the US federal government various security agencies. I am one hundred percent certain it is classified as " top secret", and two hundred percent certain they will never declassify it and make it accessible to the American public. Considering, they would be in the awfully uncomfortable position of explaining why the proof was classified as "top secret". What reason could they state for censoring a harmless method of flying from both the American public and public of all nations on this planet which would primarily used as a recreational activity.
I can only hope that some day while I am still alive that recreational flying can be allowed in this country and all countries in this world.
I will continue to observe my thread and read everyone's responses.

edit on 17-10-2014 by harkna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You seem quite convinced that this is true, so ignoring the secret evidence that may be classified by the government, what evidence do you have that convinced you?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

So other then Daniel Douglas Home is there any other Flying persons that you can name? (I name DDH specifically because he had allowed scientists of the time to examine him while he was floating around, and he is the only person that floated that was proven to not be a HOAX)

If your unwilling to provide us with any proof, then you can at least provide us with some names or events where this phenomenon had taken place.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Guyfriday because: Becuase I made an error in spelling. OK happy now....geesh

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
a reply to: hellobruce

Well the OP is obviously talking nonsense but it sounds interesting all the same.
Its probably from a book or sci-fi writer or something.
I'm sure somebody at some time would have spoken about this.
Still it was an interesting, if a little crazy OP.

Once upon a time -- 1924, to be exact -- Walt, a brilliantly foulmouthed, badly abused 9-year-old, is picked from a St. Louis gutter by the mysterious Master Yehudi. "If you stay where you are," the master says, "you'll be dead before winter is out. If you come with me, I'll teach you how to fly." And not merely the way an artist "flies" when puffed up by the divine wind, but literally; miraculously; for real. Or, if you prefer, for fable -- a charmingly loose-jointed one, of necessarily uncertain moral, with a big-city name, "Mr. Vertigo." Master Yehudi takes Walt to an isolated farmhouse in Kansas -- a land as strange as Oz to Walt -- where Walt is taught to float in the air while a black boy called Aesop has his prodigious mind educated so, Yehudi says (without apparent irony on anyone's part, even Paul Auster's), he might become "a shining example to all the downtrodden black folks of this violent, hypocritical country." To complete this flamboyantly American set, the Jew, the street urchin and the black boy are watched over by Mother Sioux, a grandniece of Sitting Bull.

An excellent book by the way.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
I was both a participant and witness to the "Flying Movement", meaning I was able to fly using the method. But I , as well as the others were brought to a complete halt by the ban enacted and enforced by the US federal government. Adults who flew were prohibited from having jobs, and parents whose children flew were also prohibited from having jobs. As I recall, not one word of the flying method was allowed in any form of media, nor was any person allowed to speak about the method of flying, so it simply passed into total obscurity.
Yes, I have forgotten the method of flying but have been trying to recall it, but I am not having good results.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: harkna
I was both a participant and witness to the "Flying Movement", meaning I was able to fly using the method. But I , as well as the others were brought to a complete halt by the ban enacted and enforced by the US federal government. Adults who flew were prohibited from having jobs, and parents whose children flew were also prohibited from having jobs. As I recall, not one word of the flying method was allowed in any form of media, nor was any person allowed to speak about the method of flying, so it simply passed into total obscurity.
Yes, I have forgotten the method of flying but have been trying to recall it, but I am not having good results.

So how was the ban enacted, was there any events of notability where large groups flew, and same as before can you give us another name of a person that had flown? (or if as you state are afraid of US enforcement, then are there others outside of the US that can be named)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I wish!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised that you forgot how to fly?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

C'mon now, really? That's all you have for us? You can't give us any more information than "I was a part of it but forgot"?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Perhaps the op thinks this is a documentary?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So what was the legislation that stopped you from flying around the inside of your house??

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Frankly, I don't see how legislation could possibly stop someone that knew how to fly from flying in the first place. Whether it be inside their house or outside. I hate to be that guy but I have never been so disbelieving in a claim made on ATS as this one. It is just so full of holes it isn't worth the discussion.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Exactly - and how about all those parts of eth world where the US does NOT hold sway?? Wouldn't the USSR have been very keen on flying soldiers? Wouldn't AQ love to fly directly into towers with explosives strapped to themselves rather than having to hijack airliners??

roflmao......this is a fantastic tale of fiction .....I look forward to the 2nd novel

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In my initial post, I stated the ban on flying was global, though in my second post I concentrated on our country. I reiterate the ban was global. Therefore no national government will admit to participating in the international conspiracy to suppress the Flying Movement.
I cannot state the specific legislation but I assume the punishment for violation involved fines, imprisonment and permanent loss of employment. As I can recall, to bring a swift end to the flying in our country involved home appearance by armed federal agents, who used their weapons to psychologically intimidate flyers and their family members. I assume similar tactic were used in all other nations by their governments.
I very much welcome posts from people of other nations, as well as our nation, who do remember the Flying Movement, or have information about its suppression.
I cannot provide the names of any other persons who participated or witnessed flyers or who can affirm that it was a factual historical event.
I think it would be great if there were some people who did continue to secretly fly with their homes, but I doubt they will admit to that here.
I appreciate the interest of members who have posted their comments in my thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I cannot state the specific legislation but I assume the punishment for violation involved fines, imprisonment and permanent loss of employment. As I can recall, to bring a swift end to the flying in our country involved home appearance by armed federal agents, who used their weapons to psychologically intimidate flyers and their family members. I assume similar tactic were used in all other nations by their governments.

If you took part in this movement, then you should at least remember something about the legislation that stopped it. You stated:

So can you at least tell us when (as in what year) Congress passed this law? Possible name one of the Resorts that used to host these "Fly-Ins"?

You brought up a topic that I thought was about backyard ballooning, but you seem to insist that it was DDH styled flying instead. Can you tell us the name of the booklets that the boy had published, or what publisher had published them?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Another crack in the wall separating parallel universes. Maybe even the same crack the OP slipped away through after posting this.

Cool though. I've actually had dreams like this.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When I have flying dreams, I cannot fly from a flat surface. I have to jump from high places and the rush when doing so is extremely exhilarating. One second you are looking at the ground beneath your feet and the next you are looking at the ground a mile below you. When I get to high places I am prone to want to jump off and fly. I think about flying a lot. I am convinced that the only reason we cannot fly is that we don't truly believe that we can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join