It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Survival Dictator

page: 1

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
Approximately 3 months and another 300 meals had passed since we turned our backs on our own humanity. The stifled screams and fractured images of fleeing filtered through the dirty plastic covers with which we had wrapped our new beginning. We had started our own species locked within a home which was once structured in love and compassion. All of that was a memory and had been neatly placed in a black hole that I felt was best not too acknowledge, this was what I was best at.
My need to protect my wife and two children of four and seven has led me to a position of the all powerful. For a person who once detested everything about control I was shocked to find I had gradually become a master at it. All information was fed to my family in what I felt were acceptable pieces which was as minimal as the food and water. But this was what I deemed was right for our survival and at what quickly became at any cost.
With only a minimal amount of preparation this last day of dependence on our old lives was quickly upon us. No matter how small the rations got the stock pile seemed to disappear with all of my pride and eventually fear. My preparations to locate a more permanent home had been made weeks in advance and had replaced the feeling of guilt with that of determination. With my home made hazard suit and taped gloves and boots I checked through all of the supplies for which my family were dependent on until my return, of which there was no guarantee. All goodbye tears had been something of our past life from which I felt more pity than sadness. I pulled in place my gas mask blinkering my view of all what was behind me, pulled open the door and stepped out into the blackness to acknowledge our past and hopefully our future.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:58 PM
Just the first few paragraphs from a story looking at the future of humanity. Is only short as felt that there wouldn't be many wanting to read a long short story.

If its not too bad il write another few paragraphs which will move through the emotions of humanity in crisis felt on a local scale. Many of us live within small communities and for most a world wide crisis will exist only on a local scale, which will be the most painful. This is where all memories, relationships and foundations of your old life will be destroyed and replaced with memories some of us may realise we cant live with.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:18 PM
a reply to: liteonit6969

Nice start

Leaves me wanting more, looking forward to reading some more of the story!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks, I ill post the next paragraphs tomorrow. As you can tell im not an author but enjoy allowing my mind to meander through weird scenarios. I have a pretty odd imagination so thought id start to separate the meaning from the madness

Once again thanks for the encouragement.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
a reply to: liteonit6969

A VERY Good Story! And YES You should continue this!!
I do believe You have a hidden talent there!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:01 AM
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks for the encouragement. I will add to this thread tonight and see how it goes, I have the path of the story in my mind with all of the character based on those people I know in my life. Only by using those people in my life am I able to envision how those personalities will handle such a scenario and to what extent one will go to survive. I think the psychology on an intimate scale is best served to this kind of scenario as trying to portray a characters response in a way that is widely expected and taken from many personalities is too complicated and becomes inhuman. So hopefully those subtle emotions are coming out in the characters with a few uses of todays social, economic and political climates to stitch it all together.
Will try get it up tonight....(didn't sound too good there :p)

edit on 23-10-2014 by liteonit6969 because: Lazy spelling and busy making the dinner

new topics

top topics